Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Dyno Max
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2012, 09:22 AM   #1
Zman12
 
Zman12's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Gardner,Ks
Posts: 490
Sell Zanio and start over with the full Adams kit?

Okay so here is the deal. Last year right after I got my car I bought the Zanio kit. Basically I have the Z AIO, Z2, Z5, Z6 and the ZFX drops and their car wash. I did the process looked awesome in garage pulled outside and I could see all of the scratches and holograms and that sucked so.

I have been slowly buying a few Adams products and I am about to order their products to start a full correction. I bought a PC already.

So my big question is should I try and sell the Zanio stuff or do the correction with Adams stuff and then still use the Zanio up. Or just start over with Adams and go from there?

Also I did notice that Zanio sells a an actual polish Z PC but I just don't think I want to buy more from them. I like to use one system and try and stick with it.

Oh yeah it is Black... Why on earth I ever got another Black car is beyond me, oh yeah it already had a Whipple on it that is why I went Black
__________________
Whipple,custom cam,CAI,Kooks,Pedders and PFADT 626RWHP 549TQ ..
Zman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:24 AM   #2
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,675
Do it! Adam's products even smell good too
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:42 AM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things
 
Sir Nuke's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 2LT/RS,'14 Caddy CTS Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Southeast of Houston, Texas
Posts: 16,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zman12 View Post
Okay so here is the deal. Last year right after I got my car I bought the Zanio kit. Basically I have the Z AIO, Z2, Z5, Z6 and the ZFX drops and their car wash. I did the process looked awesome in garage pulled outside and I could see all of the scratches and holograms and that sucked so.

I have been slowly buying a few Adams products and I am about to order their products to start a full correction. I bought a PC already.

So my big question is should I try and sell the Zanio stuff or do the correction with Adams stuff and then still use the Zanio up. Or just start over with Adams and go from there?

Also I did notice that Zanio sells a an actual polish Z PC but I just don't think I want to buy more from them. I like to use one system and try and stick with it.

Oh yeah it is Black... Why on earth I ever got another Black car is beyond me, oh yeah it already had a Whipple on it that is why I went Black
Its ok......LOTS of us use a mix-mash of products.....its cool!
__________________
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:08 AM   #4
Fiveg56

 
Drives: -
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: MN
Posts: 1,653
I'm a new Adam's user, and I really like what I've used so far, but I have other brands in my kit (Lots of Armor All products) and I'm going to keep them and use them up. No resason to throw them out. That being said, I did toss out my old microfiber once I got ahold of the Adam's ones. I say keep the Z and use it.

Last edited by Fiveg56; 04-26-2012 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Typo
Fiveg56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:31 AM   #5
charleSS
 
charleSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 1SS/RS 6m IBM Baby!
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lincoln NE
Posts: 13
My IBM camaro was only two day old and I thought it was shiny! I hit it with the Adams machine polish kit and the Porter Cable orbital and BOOM! Super shiny! I love the glossy wet look. I haven't used/had the chance to use the Zanio. So I can't compare but only to say Adams was very impressive.
Attached Images
 
charleSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:29 PM   #6
DangerZL1

 
Drives: Accord
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Memphis, TN Area
Posts: 1,910
Your car looks great! I purchased the Adams kit last fall, and will be using most of it soon, although I did get some blackfire polish and carnuba wax.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:36 PM   #7
chalkupanother1
 
chalkupanother1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT RS
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NW Indiana
Posts: 134
Are the items in you Zaino kit machine polishes are just waxes and sealants? If they are not machine applied polishes, you're not gonna get rid of the swirls on a black car. They must be mechanically removed via a PC and polish. Adam's users get good results...here's a link to what I just did to my swirled black camaro...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218531
__________________
chalkupanother1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:43 PM   #8
Adam's Polishes



 
Adam's Polishes's Avatar
 
Drives: The shiny ones.
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: In the detail shop!
Posts: 4,254
I'm never one to tell anyone to throw out perfectly serviceable detail products.

If you want to do paint correction with our system, then use up what you have with Zaino as your LSP (last step product) theres no harm.

If you're really interested in swapping over to our line fully I'd at least try to sell what you have to a Zaino user... no sense in wasting it, I'm sure you paid good money to get it.
__________________
e: shinedoc@adamspolishes.com | toll free: [866] 965 - 0400 | join the discussion: adamsforums.com

Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:23 PM   #9
Angelo@Autopia
 
Angelo@Autopia's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Ford Focus ST
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tampa Bay
Posts: 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
Its ok......LOTS of us use a mix-mash of products.....its cool!
Same here, so don't throw out those products. Just get some polishes and you should be set.
Angelo@Autopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:22 PM   #10
Zman12
 
Zman12's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Gardner,Ks
Posts: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams View Post
I'm never one to tell anyone to throw out perfectly serviceable detail products.

If you want to do paint correction with our system, then use up what you have with Zaino as your LSP (last step product) theres no harm.

If you're really interested in swapping over to our line fully I'd at least try to sell what you have to a Zaino user... no sense in wasting it, I'm sure you paid good money to get it.
Dylan thanks for the candid response. I will be calling in the next few days to get an order going. I am hoping for a nice big fat birthday coupon code from you guys I hope my birthday is Saturday. I may still get your sealant to since I am sure I will be getting a kit. Hey it's only money right?
__________________
Whipple,custom cam,CAI,Kooks,Pedders and PFADT 626RWHP 549TQ ..
Zman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.