Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 04-26-2012, 08:57 AM   #1
MudderFinger

Drives: 2011 IOM SS/RS
Dimples in Roof around sunroof

I have dents around all four corners of the sunroof, and have noticied it on four other Camaros with Sunroofs, but not as bad as mine. My dealer is checking with GM on this. I thought it may be because my power level but I noticied t on some v6 cars too. Has anybody else experienced this?
MudderFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 04:28 PM   #2
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Sorry to hear about this. This is the first I've heard of this. Hopefully we've got some sort of an explanation for this issue for you. Let us know how things go.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:50 PM   #3
wocampb

Drives: '14 2SS/RS 1LE BRM, '12 Cruze LT 6M
I have the same issue on mine.
wocampb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:41 AM   #4
MudderFinger

I knew it was'nt just me, I think allot of people do not notice it. But I really notice it when I'm washing it.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:42 AM   #5
MudderFinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Sorry to hear about this. This is the first I've heard of this. Hopefully we've got some sort of an explanation for this issue for you. Let us know how things go.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Thanks Jeff for the concern, I will see what they say when I go back to the dealer in a couple weeks.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:05 AM   #6
trailerrick

Drives: 2011 Camaro
I also have dimples in the roof, and have no sunroof, Anyone else with this issue ???
trailerrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:48 AM   #7
Flavorwrench

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 67 RS-SS TwinTurbo
My new black ZL1 has a dent/low spot on the drivers side back corner of the sunroof and as wavy appearence across the front edge as well. Once you see it, you can't miss it! The dealer had the GM rep meet to take a look at it, that was a month ago and still haven't heard from anyone. I suppose it's time to turn up the heat. I don't have much faith in the dealership as this is really how it's been from the beginning, terrible communication. From everything I have been reading, GM looks like they will and can, turn the heat up on the dealerships if need be. Hopefully paintless dent removal is still an option.
Flavorwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:20 AM   #8
philip0825

Drives: 2011 v6 2LT RS SYNERGY BLACK/SILVER
Same here small dent on the drivers side back corner of sunroof.
philip0825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:16 AM   #9
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
I don't see any around my sunroof but I think the sunroof assembly is pretty heavy.
Weight plus the thin sheet metal = some stress imo.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:40 PM   #10
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavorwrench View Post
My new black ZL1 has a dent/low spot on the drivers side back corner of the sunroof and as wavy appearence across the front edge as well. Once you see it, you can't miss it! The dealer had the GM rep meet to take a look at it, that was a month ago and still haven't heard from anyone. I suppose it's time to turn up the heat. I don't have much faith in the dealership as this is really how it's been from the beginning, terrible communication. From everything I have been reading, GM looks like they will and can, turn the heat up on the dealerships if need be. Hopefully paintless dent removal is still an option.
I apologize for any frustrations that your are experiencing. In order to resolve your concern, I’d like to begin by gathering some facts and then we can work together to see how to resolve this issue. If you would like to PM me your first and last name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage and involved dealership, I will be able to set up a case to see if there are any options available to you.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 06-05-2012, 02:00 PM   #11
MudderFinger

Mine also is the worst on the rear of the drivers side. I have not recieved any input from my dealer yet, they too are supposed to be checking with Chevy. The service manger said he wondered if maybe it was from riding down the road with the sunroof open, and I said maybe but isn't that what it is designed for. My wife has a SS Monte Carlo with the sunroof and it does not do it.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:41 PM   #12
crsr1

Drives: Camaro
It's basically on almost all sunroof cars. My '11 SS had the "dimples", but they weren't as bad as the '12 that I currently have. My worst areas are in the front of the sunroof. Most of the issues that you see are the results of the stamping process. Believe me, it made me mad when I received my '12 and I saw it, but in comparison to ones on other dealer lots (believe me, I looked around!), it wasn't any worse. I feel your pain man! I'm just glad to see someone else who is as OCD about their car as I am!
crsr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:44 PM   #13
crsr1

Also, look at other Chevrolets when your at the dealer. I also have an '07 Tahoe which has a sunroof. I never paid much attention to it since it sat so much higher, but payed attention after noticing my SS roof. It has the same issues. These newer cars just don't use the same metal that the older ones did.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:46 PM   #14
crsr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavorwrench View Post

Wavy here too. Thin metal.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:23 AM   #15
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudderFinger View Post
Mine also is the worst on the rear of the drivers side. I have not recieved any input from my dealer yet, they too are supposed to be checking with Chevy. The service manger said he wondered if maybe it was from riding down the road with the sunroof open, and I said maybe but isn't that what it is designed for. My wife has a SS Monte Carlo with the sunroof and it does not do it.
I apologize for the frustrations you are experiencing with this concern. I would like to research this issue further and see if there are any options available to you. If you would like to PM me any details, first and last name, VIN, mileage, address, phone number and your involved dealership, I can proceed further. I look forward to your reply!

Brandon
Old 06-11-2012, 11:16 AM   #16
MudderFinger

Brandon,
Thanks, I am supposed to go into the dealer next week and if the service manager is there I will find out whats going on and I will send you details if they see to not make any headway on it. He and the body shop guy said they don't know how they would fix it or strenghen it to not happen again.

Quote:
I apologize for the frustrations you are experiencing with this concern. I would like to research this issue further and see if there are any options available to you. If you would like to PM me any details, first and last name, VIN, mileage, address, phone number and your involved dealership, I can proceed further. I look forward to your reply!

Brandon
Old 06-11-2012, 12:57 PM   #17
Hellfighter

Drives: 2013 Black ZL1
My sunroof has this same issue also. At first i thought something fell right on that spot, but then i noticed its and both sides. Guess GM's sunroofs and verts fail, i also have nasty rattle noises when my music is at 16 - 18 with base up it just rattles the roof, or when i have no radio on, and i hit tiny bumps in road it rattles. less than 5k miles...
Old 06-12-2012, 01:11 PM   #18
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfighter View Post
My sunroof has this same issue also. At first i thought something fell right on that spot, but then i noticed its and both sides. Guess GM's sunroofs and verts fail, i also have nasty rattle noises when my music is at 16 - 18 with base up it just rattles the roof, or when i have no radio on, and i hit tiny bumps in road it rattles. less than 5k miles...
I would like to reach out and gather some details from you. If you could please send me more details about the concern you are having and if your dealership had diagnosed the issue yet, I would greatly appreciate the feedback. I look forward to your PM.

Brandon
Old 06-12-2012, 01:16 PM   #19
Texas2SS
Loves Nitrous

Drives: Rarely
I noticed a dimple in mine about 2 weeks ago. Front driver's side corner. At first I though someone had hit it but it seems like it's not just me.
Texas2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:28 PM   #20
Texas2SS
Loves Nitrous

Drives: Rarely
Quote:
I would like to reach out and gather some details from you. If you could please send me more details about the concern you are having and if your dealership had diagnosed the issue yet, I would greatly appreciate the feedback. I look forward to your PM.

Brandon

Brandon, have you looked into this by chance?

Mine is in 2 corners now.
Texas2SS is offline   Reply With Quote