Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

PFYC
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 04-26-2012, 10:43 AM   #1
Rac3rX

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS
Suggestions for replacement head unit

I have a 2011 Camaro and I don't really like the way the head unit controls my ipod. In my previous car I bought a replacement Alpine and you could use the preset buttons to quickly jump through the playlists so you didn't have to turn the knob in order to get to the middle of your playlists (I have tons of playlists on my ipod).. so I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion for a good replacement unit? Also, I want the replacement unit to look good obviously. I noticed the stock unit is a bit on the large side compared to the size of most head units.

I am located in Houston, Tx and if anyone has a suggestion for a good installer I would appreciate that info as well.

Thank you!
Rac3rX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:26 PM   #2
camarograna2
Car Enthusiast

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow Camaro 2SS A/T
Send a message via MSN to camarograna2
You know your radio is attached to the AC controls so you will have to replace then entire center dash with a dash kit if you want to change head unit
Old 04-26-2012, 01:30 PM   #3
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Drives: The Neighbor Hater
If you like Alpine, search KTO-CMX camaro unti, it works great with the W910 alpine head unit. I'm actually selling mine if your interested:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211574

Mast Motorsports Built LS3 Stroker 418, IPS GT35R Twin Turbos, Exedy GTO4XD Twin Disc Clutch, Aeromotive A1000 Eliminator Stealth Fuel Pump, AEM Meth Injection, DSS 1400hp Axels, BC Coilovers, Pfadt & BMR Suspension, Hawk HPS Pads, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Shifter, Custom Roll Cage by Blu808, T3 Ports, 22" Custom Concave Mesh Rims
pyr0b0y is offline   Reply With Quote