Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Off-topic Discussions Discuss any off-topic subjects with other members.

Old 04-27-2012, 01:54 AM   #1
Atlas
Would you kindly...

Drives: Destitute
Are you...trying to impress me?

What is it? I mean, is there a stigma going around about Camaro owners that I'm not hearing? I get that I'm pretty introverted. I get that I spend a little too much time at work, school, writing, research conservation projects, eating, pooping, sleeping (sometimes), and you know, all that stuff. So forgive me if I'm not on the up and up, but what is going on here? Look, I just wanted some goddamn Taco Bell after a 16+ hour work day. I don't need to be harassed, revved on, or yelled at in the process. Since when did owning a Camaro become a bad thing? Or is it like Sartre says, hell is other people. I seemingly can't drive this thing anywhere without attracting the wrong kind of attention. Damn, here I am at twenty four and I feel like the guy yelling at the kids on my lawn. It's just that there are so many idiots out there that I feel like I'm the only sane person left on the road.

Here's a colorful comment I got the other day. I was taking a lunch break (a rare and elusive scheduling delicacy) outside a drive up burger joint when some young guys about my age came up and said something to the effect of, "I wish we could all get Camaro's." In a rather snarky way. To which I replied, "Do you mean like...communism?"

Anyway, I could go on and on, but the bottom line is, penis envy. There is no shortage of underdeveloped minds and excess testosterone in this town. And I think this has a lot to do with that stupid Transformers movie. People see a Camaro and automatically get crazy penis envy, and damn does that get annoying. And no, I'm not being an elitist, this is merely an impression brought about by the over-inflated egos of others.

/rant

Feel free to share you're guys stories as well. I mean, its not like we don't have enough threads about this already. Anyway, just so this one isn't a complete waste of bandwidth, here are some photos I took of my buddy's soon-too-be-mine-cuz-I-will-be-purchasing-it-from-him GTO and my Camaro.

Cheers!

Old 04-27-2012, 01:58 AM   #2
TOMS1SS

Drives: NA
My Camaro stays in the garage except for days off. I don't engage anyone in anything while I drive it. My reality substitutes all others, whether they knew it or not. I'm not sure where else I can go with this, I have feelings this won't be a long lived thread.
TOMS1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:05 AM   #3
Atlas
Would you kindly...

Drives: Destitute
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMS1SS View Post
I'm not sure where else I can go with this, I have feelings this won't be a long lived thread.
That's why I posted it in off topic. Strategically increasing the probable percent survivability and growth potential of this thread
Old 04-27-2012, 02:12 AM   #4
TOMS1SS

Drives: NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
That's why I posted it in off topic. Strategically increasing the probable percent survivability and growth potential of this thread
Well played sir! I see what you did there.
TOMS1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:21 AM   #5
liquidsmoke
Two Miles An Hour

Drives: SIM 2LT RS
Haters gonna hate. If you don't have any your doing it wrong.

SIM FTW

I never get tired of how beautiful the silver color is n these cars!

expect nothing, but take everything
liquidsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:06 AM   #6
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
I'm just glad my bandwidth was saved by a pic of a GTO. Nice!

Don't mind the kids on the lawn. Unless they begin to dig holes.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:31 AM   #7
Gordo

Drives: CMG 2SS/RS
Nah I look like to much of an a$$hole and mad for someone talk to in such a way.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:36 PM   #8
CarolinaChick

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2LT/RS
Like the SAP grilles on the goat.
CarolinaChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:43 PM   #9
sasquash1984
502 RWHP N/A

Drives: The yeti
That gto is nice
Old 04-27-2012, 12:45 PM   #10
heRS

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
Mama always said "be kind to the bereft" so when the guy last week honks at me in the Safeway parking lot and asked if I'd give him my car I just gave him the implied facepalm look and shut my window. What a moronic question.

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:01 PM   #11
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Life summed up in three words: People are stupid.

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:33 PM   #12
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
I got out of my truck recently and I had on a jacket, even though it was above 85 degrees outside.

I wore my jacket due to the high winds and I didn't want to be blown with dirt and dust.

I had planned to pick up my infant baby wearing this shirt after I got home, and didn't want to transfer dirt and filth directly to my child.

This random guy who happened to be in the parking lot was near me and said "Hey you don't need a jacket out here".

And by his definition, He thinks he is right. It was 90 degrees out.

I was just trying to walk out of my car to a burger place and some random guy I didn't want to talk to, CHOSE on his own to comment to me about having on a jacket.

I even drive a PLAIN LOOKING boring pickup truck and an IDIOT STILL walked up to me to give me his opinion I didn't ask for.

I would have had to literally "stay in my car", and look around first, to see if there are any idiots BEFORE getting out of my car to get to the burger place, as if I am on some kind of MISSION IMPOSSIBLE.

You have to use STEALTH TYPE OF MANUEVERS just to escape all the idiots that are walking around aimlessly.
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote