Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
FLOWMASTER
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2012, 04:07 PM   #43
RonParsons
Banned
 
Drives: Nyc subway
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Nyc
Posts: 31
Why does everyone here act like Ford didn't touch the suspension, gearing, drive shaft, launch control on the 2013? Guys, it's time to stop using the "will the car hook up" excuse. None of these cars hook up easily. And let's be honest...racing from a stand still is the worst abuse you can put any car through. If a ZL1 and GT500 race from a roll, the Ford is going run away from the ZL1. And have you guys even seen the 2013 Shelby? It's effin slammed to the ground. They gave this car the best possible suspension they could. Maybe not as good as Magnetic Ride, but the car is not going to be a bad handling car.

Truth is, everyone here would rather have a 662bhp Camaro with a factory warranty, even if that meant sacrificing some traction. If Chevy doesn't answer back, I don't see the point in the ZL1 at all. They entered a war and the enemy just built a bigger gun. They need to answer back or the ZL1 will always be remembered for being second best. I thought GM/Chevy/Al talked all this hype about leading and beating Ford. Haven't heard from Old Al lately. Wonder why....
RonParsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:09 PM   #44
lbls1


 
lbls1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2009 Malibu LT
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 2,516
^This sums up my point to the letter! 60K is too much money to risk for being known as second best. Chevrolet is better than that.
__________________
'02 CAMARO SS SOM; 5.7L LS1/FLS6B
'08 TBSS AWD Black Granite Metallic
'09 Malibu LT Dark Gray Metallic

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:19 PM   #45
RonParsons
Banned
 
Drives: Nyc subway
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Nyc
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
^This sums up my point to the letter! 60K is too much money to risk for being known as second best. Chevrolet is better than that.
I believe in 2 things.

1. Chevy has the better engineers
2. Chevy has the worst management/decision makers

When you look at Chevy and what their engineers can do, it's amazing. But those engineers have to get permission from the executives/decision makers to implement their creations. You get the sense at Ford, the engineers are giving marching orders like: Win at any cost. We'll take a financial hit on 5,000 Shelby's if it means people perceive Ford as leading.

At Chevy, the marching orders are more like: All right guys, we know you are brilliant, but let's not start from scratch. Let's keep costs down by using the existing parts bin and not make suggestions like Recaro Seats, please, just don't! And let's also make sure we don't piss off the Vette owners, so design a car up to a certain point, but not better than that point.
RonParsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:25 PM   #46
WHAMMO

 
WHAMMO's Avatar
 
Drives: LS2 Fbody
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,678
Last 3 posts FTW!
WHAMMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:33 PM   #47
Mustang Killa

 
Mustang Killa's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2SS
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: az
Posts: 855
Chevy kept us waiting until the last minute for the price and the power...what makes you think they don't have SOMETHING up their sleeve for 2013...

The drama behind these wars is awesome, its awakened the excitement in the car industry that hasn't been there for quite sometime.. This battle has always been about who has the bigger _____. Each side has something to prove...I will say if you jump ship for the bigger numbers you will never quit jumping. Pick a brand and stay loyal, then enjoy the soap opera of the bow ties vs the ponies.
Mustang Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:36 PM   #48
HPT BANDIT
 
Drives: 1999 Ford Lightning
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 86
They did it before with the 2001 Z06. It had 385hp, 2002 had 405hp.
HPT BANDIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:17 PM   #49
mechanic1
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: oshawa
Posts: 254
When my order was cancelled the other day I got the impression something may be "up" for 13..........I still say they could have built out the full 2012 MY............perhaps they shut her down early in preparation for a bit of a tweak...............wouldnt take much.........pulleys,exhaust, intake, gears..........easy to add 30-40 hp...........at least it looks better on paper compared to the stang, even though difference is minimal.....
mechanic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:17 PM   #50
2ndCamaro79

 
Drives: 2014 V-Sport/ 2015 Escalade
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_williams_82 View Post
With new federal laws, the next gen may not even have V8's! I mean even if they do have V8's, they probably won't be as powerful as they are now! May be why both company's are pushing the limits now! This can't stay this way forever! But who knows!

I agree here, I don't think the 6th gen Mustang/Camaro will have crazy HP numbers. I think they will focus on handling and have decent (not of this world) V8 power.
2ndCamaro79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:18 PM   #51
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775
 
FINALLYSATISFIED's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSylentZL1 View Post
Not at all, that will pretty much upset the current owners of the ZL1. After the long wait for a 2012, it would be horrible if they decide to change their mind and increase it in 2013. All of the 2012 owners are going to want the upgrade
Upset the current ZL1 owners? That has nothing to do with it considering, most ZL1 owners knew Ford would answer back. ZL1 owners should have waited for the 2013 model.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:21 PM   #52
capnkirk52
Banned
 
Drives: 10 GT500, Raptor
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Center, CO
Posts: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonParsons View Post
Truth is, everyone here would rather have a 662bhp Camaro with a factory warranty, even if that meant sacrificing some traction. If Chevy doesn't answer back, I don't see the point in the ZL1 at all.
Best post on this site in my limited time being here.
capnkirk52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:24 PM   #53
mechanic1
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: oshawa
Posts: 254
Trust me............chevy will respond..........lets face it....you drive looking forward, not looking in the rear view mirror.............they have to respond or else appear weak!
mechanic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:26 PM   #54
capnkirk52
Banned
 
Drives: 10 GT500, Raptor
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Center, CO
Posts: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonParsons View Post
I believe in 2 things.

1. Chevy has the better engineers
2. Chevy has the worst management/decision makers
Why do you think they have the better engineers? Save for the ZR1 and the 427 in the ZO6, they haven't done anything to compete with Ford in 10 years. (Would say Duramax but that's Izuzu's engineers)

Terminator?
GT 500?
200 mph GT500?
Raptor?
Eco Boost?
Ever hear of the Ford GT?

Chevy does have the worst decision makers. The company went bankrupt and then they decided to make the Volt.
capnkirk52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:32 PM   #55
mechanic1
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: oshawa
Posts: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndCamaro79 View Post
I agree here, I don't think the 6th gen Mustang/Camaro will have crazy HP numbers. I think they will focus on handling and have decent (not of this world) V8 power.
The new CAFE standards for fuel economy come out for 2016.........so we have till then to blow our brains out with horsepower games........or until bombs start falling in Iran.........game over........
mechanic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:33 PM   #56
SVT Murrocket
Banned
 
Drives: SHELBY GT 500
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonParsons View Post
Why does everyone here act like Ford didn't touch the suspension, gearing, drive shaft, launch control on the 2013? Guys, it's time to stop using the "will the car hook up" excuse. None of these cars hook up easily. And let's be honest...racing from a stand still is the worst abuse you can put any car through. If a ZL1 and GT500 race from a roll, the Ford is going run away from the ZL1. And have you guys even seen the 2013 Shelby? It's effin slammed to the ground. They gave this car the best possible suspension they could. Maybe not as good as Magnetic Ride, but the car is not going to be a bad handling car.

Truth is, everyone here would rather have a 662bhp Camaro with a factory warranty, even if that meant sacrificing some traction. If Chevy doesn't answer back, I don't see the point in the ZL1 at all. They entered a war and the enemy just built a bigger gun. They need to answer back or the ZL1 will always be remembered for being second best. I thought GM/Chevy/Al talked all this hype about leading and beating Ford. Haven't heard from Old Al lately. Wonder why....

+ 1

Well said.
SVT Murrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.