Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

FLOWMASTER
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 04-27-2012, 04:07 PM   #43
RonParsons
Banned

Drives: Nyc subway
Why does everyone here act like Ford didn't touch the suspension, gearing, drive shaft, launch control on the 2013? Guys, it's time to stop using the "will the car hook up" excuse. None of these cars hook up easily. And let's be honest...racing from a stand still is the worst abuse you can put any car through. If a ZL1 and GT500 race from a roll, the Ford is going run away from the ZL1. And have you guys even seen the 2013 Shelby? It's effin slammed to the ground. They gave this car the best possible suspension they could. Maybe not as good as Magnetic Ride, but the car is not going to be a bad handling car.

Truth is, everyone here would rather have a 662bhp Camaro with a factory warranty, even if that meant sacrificing some traction. If Chevy doesn't answer back, I don't see the point in the ZL1 at all. They entered a war and the enemy just built a bigger gun. They need to answer back or the ZL1 will always be remembered for being second best. I thought GM/Chevy/Al talked all this hype about leading and beating Ford. Haven't heard from Old Al lately. Wonder why....
RonParsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:09 PM   #44
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2009 Malibu LT
^This sums up my point to the letter! 60K is too much money to risk for being known as second best. Chevrolet is better than that.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:19 PM   #45
RonParsons
Banned

Drives: Nyc subway
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
^This sums up my point to the letter! 60K is too much money to risk for being known as second best. Chevrolet is better than that.
I believe in 2 things.

1. Chevy has the better engineers
2. Chevy has the worst management/decision makers

When you look at Chevy and what their engineers can do, it's amazing. But those engineers have to get permission from the executives/decision makers to implement their creations. You get the sense at Ford, the engineers are giving marching orders like: Win at any cost. We'll take a financial hit on 5,000 Shelby's if it means people perceive Ford as leading.

At Chevy, the marching orders are more like: All right guys, we know you are brilliant, but let's not start from scratch. Let's keep costs down by using the existing parts bin and not make suggestions like Recaro Seats, please, just don't! And let's also make sure we don't piss off the Vette owners, so design a car up to a certain point, but not better than that point.
RonParsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:25 PM   #46
WHAMMO

Drives: LS2 Fbody
Last 3 posts FTW!
WHAMMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:33 PM   #47
Mustang Killa

Drives: Black 2SS
Chevy kept us waiting until the last minute for the price and the power...what makes you think they don't have SOMETHING up their sleeve for 2013...

The drama behind these wars is awesome, its awakened the excitement in the car industry that hasn't been there for quite sometime.. This battle has always been about who has the bigger _____. Each side has something to prove...I will say if you jump ship for the bigger numbers you will never quit jumping. Pick a brand and stay loyal, then enjoy the soap opera of the bow ties vs the ponies.
Mustang Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:36 PM   #48
HPT BANDIT

Drives: 1999 Ford Lightning
They did it before with the 2001 Z06. It had 385hp, 2002 had 405hp.
HPT BANDIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:17 PM   #49
mechanic1

Drives: 2013 ZL1
When my order was cancelled the other day I got the impression something may be "up" for 13..........I still say they could have built out the full 2012 MY............perhaps they shut her down early in preparation for a bit of a tweak...............wouldnt take much.........pulleys,exhaust, intake, gears..........easy to add 30-40 hp...........at least it looks better on paper compared to the stang, even though difference is minimal.....
mechanic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:17 PM   #50
2ndCamaro79

Drives: 2014 V-Sport/ 2015 Escalade
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_williams_82 View Post
With new federal laws, the next gen may not even have V8's! I mean even if they do have V8's, they probably won't be as powerful as they are now! May be why both company's are pushing the limits now! This can't stay this way forever! But who knows!

I agree here, I don't think the 6th gen Mustang/Camaro will have crazy HP numbers. I think they will focus on handling and have decent (not of this world) V8 power.
2ndCamaro79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:18 PM   #51
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSylentZL1 View Post
Not at all, that will pretty much upset the current owners of the ZL1. After the long wait for a 2012, it would be horrible if they decide to change their mind and increase it in 2013. All of the 2012 owners are going to want the upgrade
Upset the current ZL1 owners? That has nothing to do with it considering, most ZL1 owners knew Ford would answer back. ZL1 owners should have waited for the 2013 model.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:21 PM   #52
capnkirk52
Banned

Drives: 10 GT500, Raptor
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonParsons View Post
Truth is, everyone here would rather have a 662bhp Camaro with a factory warranty, even if that meant sacrificing some traction. If Chevy doesn't answer back, I don't see the point in the ZL1 at all.
Best post on this site in my limited time being here.
capnkirk52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:24 PM   #53
mechanic1

Trust me............chevy will respond..........lets face it....you drive looking forward, not looking in the rear view mirror.............they have to respond or else appear weak!
Old 04-27-2012, 05:26 PM   #54
capnkirk52
Banned

Drives: 10 GT500, Raptor
Quote:
I believe in 2 things.

1. Chevy has the better engineers
2. Chevy has the worst management/decision makers
Why do you think they have the better engineers? Save for the ZR1 and the 427 in the ZO6, they haven't done anything to compete with Ford in 10 years. (Would say Duramax but that's Izuzu's engineers)

Terminator?
GT 500?
200 mph GT500?
Raptor?
Eco Boost?
Ever hear of the Ford GT?

Chevy does have the worst decision makers. The company went bankrupt and then they decided to make the Volt.
capnkirk52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:32 PM   #55
mechanic1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndCamaro79 View Post
I agree here, I don't think the 6th gen Mustang/Camaro will have crazy HP numbers. I think they will focus on handling and have decent (not of this world) V8 power.
The new CAFE standards for fuel economy come out for 2016.........so we have till then to blow our brains out with horsepower games........or until bombs start falling in Iran.........game over........
Old 04-27-2012, 05:33 PM   #56
SVT Murrocket
Banned

Drives: SHELBY GT 500
Quote:
Why does everyone here act like Ford didn't touch the suspension, gearing, drive shaft, launch control on the 2013? Guys, it's time to stop using the "will the car hook up" excuse. None of these cars hook up easily. And let's be honest...racing from a stand still is the worst abuse you can put any car through. If a ZL1 and GT500 race from a roll, the Ford is going run away from the ZL1. And have you guys even seen the 2013 Shelby? It's effin slammed to the ground. They gave this car the best possible suspension they could. Maybe not as good as Magnetic Ride, but the car is not going to be a bad handling car.

Truth is, everyone here would rather have a 662bhp Camaro with a factory warranty, even if that meant sacrificing some traction. If Chevy doesn't answer back, I don't see the point in the ZL1 at all. They entered a war and the enemy just built a bigger gun. They need to answer back or the ZL1 will always be remembered for being second best. I thought GM/Chevy/Al talked all this hype about leading and beating Ford. Haven't heard from Old Al lately. Wonder why....

+ 1

Well said.
SVT Murrocket is offline   Reply With Quote