Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Jason 98 TA
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Camaro Fest Discussions > 2012 Camaro5 Fest (III)

Old 07-16-2012, 06:55 AM   #426
mlee
Charter Circle Member

Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
I'm trailering my car but will be making the cruise the way I race it. I fail to see your point.
There should be an exhibition class then. Dealer plate doesn't mean
Street legal either.
Not really making a point. You asked if he was driving in the cruise.

Exhibition class is exactly the intent for cars that are stripped down for the Drag Strip only and will probably never be driven on the streets.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:59 AM   #427
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Not really making a point. You asked if he was driving in the cruise.

Exhibition class is exactly the intent for cars that are stripped down for the Drag Strip only and will probably never be driven on the streets.
We can all have the discussion until we're blue in the face. Everyone has their own opinion on street cars. I just use the true street rules since they are not open to interpretation.

Why aren't they in the cruise? Are the rolling in on Friday or just aren't intetsted? I'm just curious, not that either matter.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:02 AM   #428
mlee
Charter Circle Member

Quote:
We can all have the discussion until we're blue in the face. Everyone has their own opinion on street cars. I just use the true street rules since they are not open to interpretation.

Why aren't they in the cruise? Are the rolling in on Friday or just aren't intetsted? I'm just curious, not that either matter.
That's why I throw in comments like "intent" of the rule. It's all in good fun.

Oh THAT cruise... I thought you were talking about the cruise from Texas to Indy. Pretty sure we will all be in "the" cruise. That was a blast during the 1st Fest. Didnt have it last year.

...and Texas will roll in on Wed night.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:09 AM   #429
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
That's why I throw in comments like "intent" of the rule. It's all in good fun.

Oh THAT cruise... I thought you were talking about the cruise from Texas to Indy. Pretty sure we will all be in "the" cruise. That was a blast during the 1st Fest. Didnt have it last year.
F*%k making that drive. I wouldn't even consider that. What happens if something breaks at the track. Thankfully we are all smarter than that. Technically ever car there with the exception of the LPE could prob pass true street rules. Except for the slicks part! And who knows what will happen in the racing... A red light, some tire spin, mechanical, it's anyone's game really!!
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:15 AM   #430
inferno camaro

Drives: 2010 camaro pace car, 2008 cts bl,
Is there a set time and place "the cruise" will start? Assume thursday sometime probably from the track. When you say cruise you, mean around town right?
Mods, 2r max cam, ls3 conv,kooks lt w/hf cats,kooks street sleeper cat back with magnaflow res x-pipe, roto fab cai, v-max TB, vigilante 3700 stall, 3.70 LPE, 442hp/392tq, Mike Norris Tune 11.71@116.24 1.63 60' m&h DR's
inferno camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:18 AM   #431
mlee
Charter Circle Member

Quote:
F*%k making that drive. I wouldn't even consider that. What happens if something breaks at the track. Thankfully we are all smarter than that. Technically ever car there with the exception of the LPE could prob pass true street rules. Except for the slicks part! And who knows what will happen in the racing... A red light, some tire spin, mechanical, it's anyone's game really!!
LOL... yeah... I even trailered last year... ended up needing it too.

...and the intent was to keep cars like LPE in the exibition class. Quite sure they won't have a problem with it.

And we ALL want to see them run...
Old 07-16-2012, 08:22 AM   #432
nyny69

Drives: 2010 IOM SS
Can you add me to the unlimited and bracket class.
nyny69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:01 AM   #433
mlee
Charter Circle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny69 View Post
Can you add me to the unlimited and bracket class.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:14 AM   #434
mlee
Charter Circle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno camaro View Post
Is there a set time and place "the cruise" will start? Assume thursday sometime probably from the track. When you say cruise you, mean around town right?
Yes... around town. I would check the main Fest Threads for details on this one, but it would probably be Thursday Evening leaving from the Host Hotel.

As you can probabably tell I completely forgot about the cruise. The first one we did went around 3 towns with police at every corner stopping traffic. It was HUGE.... and a blast...
Old 07-17-2012, 08:25 AM   #435
musclecargirl

Drives: 2010 2SS CGM w/IO Interior
Can you add me +1 to Bracket racing? Thanks.
musclecargirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:40 AM   #436
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by musclecargirl View Post
Can you add me +1 to Bracket racing? Thanks.
Done!
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:08 PM   #437
Graham Behan

Drives: Various
Hi all,
we plan on bringing both the Black Camaro and the White Camaro!

The White car is, obviously, a "stripped down" race car, weighing 3325 lbs, to meet the Real Street rules for the LSX race series. However the Black car, weighing 4200 lbs, with driver, functioning AC and radio, is not and BTW meets the True Street Rules, with D/R's on it, just saying

We currently intend on using the Black car in the Drag race classes and just doing a couple of passes in exhibition with it, may have some competition in the 8's by then

We will be bringing a few other cars too.

Graham Behan.
Graham Behan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:12 PM   #438
mlee
Charter Circle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Behan View Post
Hi all,
we plan on bringing both the Black Camaro and the White Camaro!

The White car is, obviously, a "stripped down" race car, weighing 3325 lbs, to meet the Real Street rules for the LSX race series. However the Black car, weighing 4200 lbs, with driver, functioning AC and radio, is not and BTW meets the True Street Rules, with D/R's on it, just saying

We currently intend on using the Black car in the Drag race classes and just doing a couple of passes in exhibition with it, may have some competition in the 8's by then

We will be bringing a few other cars too.

Graham Behan.
AWESOME... that's what we all want to see... So do you want me to list the Black car in the one of the V8 sections or bracket racing?
Old 07-17-2012, 02:11 PM   #439
Graham Behan

Drives: Various
Quote:
AWESOME... that's what we all want to see... So do you want me to list the Black car in the one of the V8 sections or bracket racing?
No thanks, don't want to race in a bracket class, just a few "exhibition" runs is fine, may even put a lap on the white car for "fun" who knows

Graham Behan
Graham Behan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 02:44 PM   #440
mlee
Charter Circle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRD_WRK View Post
Sorry MLEE for the 'Licensed' headaches and lashback. I had already deleted my PMs sent from our discussions- am maxed out all the time.

If I recall one of the two main reasons for my suggestion was to move away from the 'Street Legal', was to allow slicks- which you still are covered with your "(...slicks..exhaust)". Thanks.

The other reason, although I see flawed now, was to prevent people from just bringing in a rental or a dealer taking one there and running against those that own. So, maybe then a "(excluding rentals/dealer cars) should be added.

I have raced against cars that are privately owned and driven by a team mate/friend and have no problem with that. I don't agree with bringing in a car off the lot or rentals. Have even seen rentals with tunes thrown in-voids V8 warrantee-"they'll never trace it to me". Doesn't seem quite fair and actually disrespectful to those with so much time, money, and energy invested.

Yes I know its all for fun.

Just my two cents.
No problem at all.... I welcome the details and hopefully we can nail things down not just for this fest but the next ones too.

One issue is the track will be doing tech inspections so we are trying to keep it simple as possible for classes, but we will check things out as best we can... especially when we line up and seed the top 16.

I guess I don't understand the rental thing. Are you talking about cars from like Avis with that are tuned. If so, unless they put a blower or something on they won't even come close... Or am I missing this terminology somehow.

I'll be off the boards for a bit but get back this evening.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:44 PM   #441
mlee
Charter Circle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Behan View Post
No thanks, don't want to race in a bracket class, just a few "exhibition" runs is fine, may even put a lap on the white car for "fun" who knows

Graham Behan
You guys let us know when you want to line up... It's all yours...
Old 07-17-2012, 03:42 PM   #442
Bad70supreme

Drives: 2010 aqua blue SS/RS M6
Can you add me... most likely bracket race in the morn session both days. Thanks