Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Rick@Livernois
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 07-21-2016, 07:54 PM   #1
CALLAWAY11

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Callaway
Evolution of my Callaway Camaro

Hi there, i figured since everyone else on here that has as much done to their vehicle as myself has a build thread. So why not and it would be cool if my car was considered for COTW. I have done so much to this car its kind of scary looking back at what i did. It was already a sweet car coming from Callaway. I purchased this car with just over 7000 miles on it 3 years ago and stumbled on it on accident. I didn't even know that I would end of with a Camaro. I just wanted something faster with the potential for more. I was looking at Camaros, Mustangs and Challengers. I like all three, i actually grew up a Mustang fan because of my Dad. He had 3 of them, and 87 GT and 2 1988 LX 5.0's. I had a lot good memories in those cars. Before my purchase of the Camaro, I had a Honda Accord that was really nice, great car, this mod bug i have came from this car. I did just about anything you could do to it. Spent way to much on it and by the end of it, it was a little ricerish. LOL. Living around the Metro Detroit area, was a hard sell for that car and me being in my mid 30's and the fact that i couldn't make it faster lead to me to trading it in for the Camaro. I was searching for a low mileage V8 muscle car in a certain price bracket. I noticed a grey Camaro that was about 5K higher then a comparable camaro and thats what caught my eye. I have heard of Callaway Corvettes before hand but never knew they worked on Camaros also. I couldn't believe what i was seeing. This car was a 2SS/RS that was sent to Callaway to be modified. You have several options thru Callaway and whoever purchased mine added the Power Hood, Black Chrome Wheels and the standard Supercharger package Callaway adds. I went down to see it and bought it that day. once i was approved to buy it, they let me drive it and all i could say to myself was Holy crap this thing is fast. So here it began and this is where the car is at now.
2011 Callaway SC572 2SS/RS, TVS 2300 Supercharger, 1-7/8" Kooks LT Headers, Fast 85# injectors, E85 Flex Fuel Conversion, Fore Twin Fuel Pumps, MGW flat stick short throw shifter, McLeod RXT twin disc clutch, Liberty Gears Tremec trans, DSS 1000 hp axles, Nitto NT555r drag radials, 10#'s of boost, 702 rwhp/ 697 torque, Recaro seat upgrade
CALLAWAY11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 08:32 PM   #2
Demon War Horse
War Horse Pilot

Drives: 2014 AGM 2SS/RS L99
Pics didn't post. Can't wait to see it!

SigPic by Hazman
Demon War Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 09:06 PM   #3
CALLAWAY11

Exterior Mods

The mods in this section that I did were the 3d side vent install, which i lost like 10 years of my life trying to do that, lol, but was actually not that bad. I also installed the front splitter and rear diffuser, installed the side markers.I painted the Callaway emblems and put the stickers on.

Cyber Grey Metallic (CGM) Heritage Grill
Street Scenes Lower Grill
Carbon Fiber Hydro dipped SLP Splitter
Morimoto LED DRL and Fog Light Halos
Oracle Plasma Fog Light Bulb
3d Carbon CGM Side Vents
AAC CGM Concept Mirrors
AAC LED Side Markers
Callaway Carbon Fiber Power Hood
Carbon Creations CGM Rear Spoiler
Technostalgia Sequential LED Taillights
Black Tail light Bezels
AAC LED Reverse Lights
RK Sport Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser
Pioneer License Plate Bracket w/ Rear Camera
Front Facing Camera thru Headunit
Carbon Fiber Vinyl Gas Cap and Roof Slot Covers
Big Worm Graphics Black Rear Vents
Gloss Black Painted Callaway Emblems

Interior Upgrades

All Alcantara was installed by myself except the steering wheel cover. Steering wheel was removed and shipped to be wrapped. All pieces were purchased at Redline Goods and are cut to size and fit perfectly and its pretty easy to do. This is an awesome upgrade and would do it again if I had too.

Charcoal Alcantara Steering Wheel Cover
Charcoal Alcantara Door Arm Rest Cover
Charcoal Alcantara Lower Center Console Cover
Charcoal Alcantara Center Console Cover
Charcoal Alcantara Rear Console Cover
Charcoal Alcantara Sun Visor Cover
Charcoal Alcantara E Brake Boot
Charcoal Alcantara A Pillar Cover
Charcoal Alcantar Console Arm Rest Cover
Black Nappa Leather E Brake Handle Cover
Black Nappa Leather Shift Boot
Recaro Seats
SJM Auto Prod RGB ABL, Dash, Door, Footwells, Cupholder and Door pull Lighting
SRP Black Billet Foot Pedals
Callaway Premium Floor Mats
1968 Black Onyx Camaro Emblem
2014 Frameless Rearview Mirror
Carbon Fiber Hydro Dipped Side Panels
Carbon Fiber Hydro Dipped Trunk Panels

Stereo Build

All exterior and interior lighting including the stereo build was done No-Limitz car audio inside of Car Tunes in Redford. Chad knows his stuff and the shop is veru busy. They have done a lot of work on the car and I'm very pleased with the job they did.

Scosche Double Din Unit
Pioneer 8000NEX Head Unit
Hybrid Audio Technologies Clarus 6.5 Speakers and Tweeters
Hybrid Audio Technologies 6x9 Rear Speakers
Rockford Fosgate T2 12" Subwoofer
Rockford Fosgate T1500-1 Amplifier
Rockford Fosgare T600-4 Amplifier
Custom Sealed FiberGlass Subwoofer Box
Custom False Floor so the amps sit flush

Engine Modifications

All of the work on my car after Callaway was performed by Vector Motorsports out of Brighton, MI. It has been there 3 times and have done work with them in the past. Kelley and Greg are awesome guys, very knowledgable and have fair prices.
As of now the car Dyno'd at 702 rwhp with 697 Torue at 10-11 #s of boost

TVS Magnuson 2300 Roots Supercharger
1 7/8" Kooks LT Headers
Comp Cam
Fast 85# Injectors
E 85 Flex Fuel Conversioin
Fore Innovations Twin Fuel Pumps
Mcleod RXT Twin Disc Clutch
Rebuilt Tremec 6060 Transmission by Liberty Gears
DSS 1000 HP Axles
MGW Flat Stick Black Short Throw Shifter
TVM Gunmetal M1 Abrams Shift Knob
Roto Fab CAI Carbon Fiber with CGM Filter Housing
Nitto 20" 275 555r Drag Radials

Engine Bay Goodies

All of my hydro dipped parts were also done locally by a company called Michigan Hydro Graphics out of Ypsilanti. Richard is very personable and passionate about what he does and walked me thru the whole process, which was really interesting to see and sent me pictures as he was finishing. So I would highly recommend them.

Carbon Fiber Hydro Dipped Strut Bar with Painted Black Ends
Carbon Fiber Hydro Dipped Fuse Box Cover
Carbon Fiber Side Pieces
Carbon Fiber Radiator Cover
CGM Corner Cover
CGM Roto Fab Radiator Cover
CGM Positive Post Cover
Carbon Fiber Dip Stick
Callaway Carbon Fiber Valve Covers
Carbon Fiber various cap covers
Black ABS Cover
Black Master Cylinder Cover
Black Strut Covers
2011 Callaway SC572 2SS/RS, TVS 2300 Supercharger, 1-7/8" Kooks LT Headers, Fast 85# injectors, E85 Flex Fuel Conversion, Fore Twin Fuel Pumps, MGW flat stick short throw shifter, McLeod RXT twin disc clutch, Liberty Gears Tremec trans, DSS 1000 hp axles, Nitto NT555r drag radials, 10#'s of boost, 702 rwhp/ 697 torque, Recaro seat upgrade
Old 07-21-2016, 09:10 PM   #4
CALLAWAY11

First things first, Holy crap that is a lot of mods! Ill have pics up shortly and as of today the car is at No limits where they are finishing up with all of my lighting. It will be ready for pickup this saturday and he wants to showcase it at his shop for the Telegraph cruise, which is pretty cool.
Old 07-21-2016, 09:48 PM   #5
CALLAWAY11

Here's the most recent picture.
Attached Images

Old 07-21-2016, 09:52 PM   #6
CALLAWAY11

Engine bay
Attached Images

Old 07-21-2016, 09:57 PM   #7
CALLAWAY11

Engine bay #2
Attached Images

Old 07-22-2016, 06:08 AM   #8
Machinehead

Drives: 2012 LS
5k more for an installed supercharger kit is well worth it.
Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 06:17 PM   #9
hctrble
BMBLBLU

Drives: Aqua Blue Metallic 2010 Camaro 1ss
This is making me want to put together my build sheet. Very nicely done and yes a lot of mods but they look very good.

Steve
SLP TVS 2300, JBA Comp Exhaust with headers, 416 Build by T&T Performance, Hotchkis front and rear sway bars, Hotchkis tower brace, ATI 10 rib Pulley set up, Super tensioner, Rear Cog, Pedders XA coil overs, DSS Version two 9inch rear with Strange third member, Methanol kit, 10" multi disc stall converter, and Squash Fuel System, Pillar Guages, Hurst Shifter, Oracle Halo Rings, fog and Demon eye lights, to name a few mods. 749.51rwhp 709.73 tq
hctrble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 07:38 PM   #10
CALLAWAY11

Quote:
Originally Posted by areoshu View Post
5k more for an installed supercharger kit is well worth it.
That's what I thought also. On top of the wheels, hood and all of the callaway badging. It was a no brainier.
Old 07-22-2016, 07:39 PM   #11
CALLAWAY11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hctrble View Post
This is making me want to put together my build sheet. Very nicely done and yes a lot of mods but they look very good.

Steve
Thanks! I'm very happy with it. It's just an incredible car. Your car is sick also.
Old Yesterday, 11:16 PM   #12
Marokev

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Clean!!! Great car!!
Marokev is offline   Reply With Quote