Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Hurst Shifters
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2014, 02:54 PM   #851
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club
 
Modern07's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 #2303
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Heathrow, FL
Posts: 2,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
23 is back together and meaner than ever now.

Dyno Tune is tomorrow.

Attachment 607072

How does the cam sound?
__________________
Modern07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 03:50 PM   #852
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,869
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Nice. What numbers you expect?

We should play over under like Price is Right. lol
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 12:16 AM   #853
Merc
COTW 12/5/11
 
Merc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abbotsford BC Canada
Posts: 8,382


__________________
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:33 AM   #854
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Keep us posted!
Post


Quote:
Originally Posted by Modern07 View Post
How does the cam sound?
Oh man... this car is a beast now... Cam video will come soon, but there's a great preview on Instagram.. Look up J_Rod6410

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Nice. What numbers you expect?

We should play over under like Price is Right. lol
650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc View Post


LOL... SN

Like Today!!!
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:10 AM   #855
SM0KE
IN THE CIRCLE
 
SM0KE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: IN THE CIRCLE
Posts: 1,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Nice. What numbers you expect?

We should play over under like Price is Right. lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
650
651
__________________
Increasing Circle Size is not important.
Worthiness will knock at the door on it's own accord


SM0KE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:43 AM   #856
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,369
I'll take the Under...
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 12:42 PM   #857
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club
 
Modern07's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 #2303
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Heathrow, FL
Posts: 2,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Post


Oh man... this car is a beast now... Cam video will come soon, but there's a great preview on Instagram.. Look up J_Rod6410

Man that sounds AWESOME!!!

What RPM do you have the idle set at?
__________________
Modern07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 01:59 PM   #858
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modern07 View Post
Man that sounds AWESOME!!!

What RPM do you have the idle set at?
When I drove it to the dyno last night it was at 800. Matt was going to street tune last night and adjust the idle so not sure where it will be set at yet. Getting ready to head that way for the dyno tune.

Working 12hr shifts sucks when tending to car build at the same time.

Did you get those M/T's on yet?
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:47 PM   #859
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club
 
Modern07's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 #2303
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Heathrow, FL
Posts: 2,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
When I drove it to the dyno last night it was at 800. Matt was going to street tune last night and adjust the idle so not sure where it will be set at yet. Getting ready to head that way for the dyno tune.

Working 12hr shifts sucks when tending to car build at the same time.

Did you get those M/T's on yet?
Ouch yeah that sucks but totally be worth it!

I've not got the MTs on yet as I'm driving it across to Bradenton for Matt to do his magic on Sunday evening - then back to Orlando again once done. Figured I may as well do the 4hr round trip on the tires I have on it now and then throw the MTs on once I'm back in Orlando before hitting the track - save some of the rubber with that treadwear rating of 0 haha!
__________________
Modern07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:04 PM   #860
h018871
 
h018871's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE BlueRay Met
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
23 is back together and meaner than ever
the monster is awakened

can't wait to see it!
__________________
standard mods: headers/cam/intake and associated goodies................

modifications: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=332717
h018871 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:08 PM   #861
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,869
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
650
Quote:
Originally Posted by SM0KE View Post
651
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I'll take the Under...
649
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 04:11 AM   #862
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modern07 View Post
Ouch yeah that sucks but totally be worth it!

I've not got the MTs on yet as I'm driving it across to Bradenton for Matt to do his magic on Sunday evening - then back to Orlando again once done. Figured I may as well do the 4hr round trip on the tires I have on it now and then throw the MTs on once I'm back in Orlando before hitting the track - save some of the rubber with that treadwear rating of 0 haha!
Got home at 10:30 and backup to go to work at 1:30.

Working on 3hrs sleep... this should be a fun day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h018871 View Post
the monster is awakened

can't wait to see it!
Yes it is... and safely tucked away in the garage now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
649
You lose...

Name:  Dyno 672.JPG
Views: 95
Size:  94.3 KB
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:49 AM   #863
rjdapilmoto
DAP-ONE [COTW - 12/23/13]
 
rjdapilmoto's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 - 2SS/RS IOM
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 2,908
Dayum, Mike! Sweet numbers!! Are you up 24/7??? lol
rjdapilmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:02 AM   #864
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile
 
BaylorCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kemah, TX
Posts: 4,998
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Got home at 10:30 and backup to go to work at 1:30.
Yeah I didn't get back until a 1 a.m. But no 12 hour shifts for me, thank God.

On my way back from FAST I ran into cars that are here for TX2k14. An Evo, Mustang, 335i and GT-R. Lets just say I tested my new injectors and tune out and I can confirm they are working good.
__________________
Automotive YouTube Channel / MSR Houston / Grandsport Speedway / Camaro5 Fest V CamaroCross / Build Thread / Automotive Forums - Creating more drama than a teenage girl in high school.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:03 AM   #865
BooSSted
 
BooSSted's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 VR 2SS
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: NY
Posts: 577
Awesome numbers! Car looks sweet too, almost as good as VR :-P
BooSSted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:16 AM   #866
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjdapilmoto View Post
Dayum, Mike! Sweet numbers!! Are you up 24/7??? lol
Yes, ever since Sunday I haven't gotten more than 5hrs sleep and the time change didn't help either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Yeah I didn't get back until a 1 a.m. But no 12 hour shifts for me, thank God.

On my way back from FAST I ran into cars that are here for TX2k14. An Evo, Mustang, 335i and GT-R. Lets just say I tested my new injectors and tune out and I can confirm they are working good.
Thank god for mass quantities of caffeine. 6 more hours to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooSSted View Post
Awesome numbers! Car looks sweet too, almost as good as VR :-P
LOL... VR is awesome... especially with stripe.
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:39 AM   #867
SM0KE
IN THE CIRCLE
 
SM0KE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: IN THE CIRCLE
Posts: 1,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
3hrs sleep
That's more sleep than you get at the FESTS
__________________
Increasing Circle Size is not important.
Worthiness will knock at the door on it's own accord


SM0KE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:19 AM   #868
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by SM0KE View Post
That's more sleep than you get at the FESTS
LOL... I'm in training now. It's been a long time since August last year.
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:25 AM   #869
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,432
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Great numbers Mike,

I'm debating coming down for Tx2k... Rob my mechanic is bringing his Mitsu... Might have to go trolling...
__________________
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:09 AM   #870
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Great numbers Mike,

I'm debating coming down for Tx2k... Rob my mechanic is bringing his Mitsu... Might have to go trolling...
REALLY wish I could go. The guys from FSP flew in to tune some cars and make these races. Kind of sucks to be at work for this. The weather should be great and you should come down for sure.
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:27 AM   #871
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN
 
Jekyll-N-Hyde's Avatar
 
Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Between Weatherford and Azle TX hway730
Posts: 2,139
AWSOME ! Glad to see the numbers came out north of what you expected I bet the throttle is touchy
Now post a friggin video of the idle
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:56 AM   #872
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde View Post
AWSOME ! Glad to see the numbers came out north of what you expected I bet the throttle is touchy
Now post a friggin video of the idle
Video coming sN
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:29 PM   #873
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,869
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
You lose...
I was guessing the torque on that one.!?!

Ok so those are around the numbers I am wanting on mine when I get it done. Very nice.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:35 PM   #874
Sapper12b
HTCC Member
 
Sapper12b's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 1,490
Mike, I heard your ZL1 at the shop when i was there getting my tune. It sounds ANGRY ! Matt (FSP) is doing a great job of tunning these cars
__________________
Sapper12b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:36 PM   #875
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I was guessing the torque on that one.!?!

Ok so those are around the numbers I am wanting on mine when I get it done. Very nice.
That's where I always wanted to be also... now I want more already..
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
camaro of the week, the circle

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.