Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Anthony @ LG Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 04-28-2012, 06:00 PM   #1
carls2010

Drives: 2010 SS
Red face HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes Other member in here told me to repost,, as he needed more help with me.-----Im trying to get my spare remote from my 2010 r/s i had programed to my 2010 SS.-- -I went thru the procedure of holding unlock button, then cycle key-- on,off/on,off ,then reliesed unlock button.-BUT THEN IT will not cycle locks after that like it suppose to ,as being in program mode ? --ANY help would be great yOU CAN ALSO GO TO THE THREAD .DO IT YOURSELF HELP ? TO SEE WHERE ME AND MEMBER WERE - Sorry for keep hitting cap's
carls2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:28 PM   #2
buzzy56
buzzy56

Drives: 2ss summit white L99
search

Quote:
Originally Posted by carls2010 View Post
Yes Other member in here told me to repost,, as he needed more help with me.-----Im trying to get my spare remote from my 2010 r/s i had programed to my 2010 SS.-- -I went thru the procedure of holding unlock button, then cycle key-- on,off/on,off ,then reliesed unlock button.-BUT THEN IT will not cycle locks after that like it suppose to ,as being in program mode ? --ANY help would be great yOU CAN ALSO GO TO THE THREAD .DO IT YOURSELF HELP ? TO SEE WHERE ME AND MEMBER WERE - Sorry for keep hitting cap's
Go to "search" above type in "program spare key camaro" it will take you to a link post on cam 5 where it was done successfully. Use the Google search not the other search feature.Good luck
Old 04-28-2012, 07:52 PM   #3
carls2010

yea,did search and come up with the procedure ---but car wont go into program mode for remote when i reliase the unlock button.[after i did key cycles] ????????????? like im locked out of getting into program mode.... ??? or ???????????????
Old 04-28-2012, 09:11 PM   #4
buzzy56
buzzy56

Battery ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carls2010 View Post
yea,did search and come up with the procedure ---but car wont go into program mode for remote when i reliase the unlock button.[after i did key cycles] ????????????? like im locked out of getting into program mode.... ??? or ???????????????
Remove + battery cable for 5 mins. then re-attatch and try again.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:29 PM   #5
rivenwolf

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6 CGM
The Key wil have to be cut to your new car for it to be programed. then follow this procedure.

Note:

To initiate, this procedure requires that 1 learned key be available.
A total of 8 keys maybe be learned to a single vehicle.
This procedure adds keys only. The procedure does not erase previously learned keys.
The keys to be learned must duplicate the mechanical cut of the current key.

1. With a previously learned key, turn the ignition ON.
2. Turn the ignition OFF and remove the key.
3. Within 10 seconds of turning OFF the ignition, insert the key to be learned and turn ON the ignition. The vehicle has now learned the new key and key.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:35 PM   #6
carls2010

yes, The Fob,programing told here still wont work,, So ill try the battery disconnect, then retry it again..--- In the mean time i found a place near here that told me over the phone that he will sell me/cut the sidewinder key/ and program , For 66.00 dollars which sounded pretty good price.-- Im going to go there tomorow and see how i make out.-- But gonna try the battery disconnect too, and see if my other pod from my R/S,, i had will program... 66.00 dollars sounds hard to beat if it's true when i get to the guys place...
Old 05-01-2012, 10:11 PM   #7
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '10 2LT/RS,'14 Caddy CTS Coupe
do your self a favor......run by your dealer......that is if you have one with good customer service as they should hook up up at no charge and fix it in a minute or two at the most.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:40 PM   #8
carls2010

Went to local key place, and they sold me fob/key and cutting for $66.00,--- safe, now.-that i have two keys.--thought price was good
Old 05-05-2012, 11:29 AM   #9
buzzy56
buzzy56

Problem solved

Glad to here you finally got the problem solved. Price not bad when I have heard earlier in 2010 they were charging $100-$200 dollars to cut and reprogram a key.Just goes to show you how availability and demand impact prices.Happy motoring.