Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

River City Camaro Customs
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-07-2013, 08:37 PM   #256
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
I figure she'll be here in May. I'm ordering a 1LE the end of the month. Just gotta finish this damn promotional exam. She'll get here for my birthday in May.

Sent from my friggin Droid by two thumbs using Tapatalk 2 or whatever the ish it's called....
Old 02-12-2013, 11:51 AM   #257
Tayap79

Drives: 2013 Victorty Red Camaro 2SS
I'm getting excited about this intake. Hell, the sound difference alone makes me want it.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:39 PM   #258
Jason@JacFab
www.jacfab.com

Drives: 2010 1SS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
I figure she'll be here in May. I'm ordering a 1LE the end of the month. Just gotta finish this damn promotional exam. She'll get here for my birthday in May.
It's possible that I might have something ready to go by then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayap79 View Post
I'm getting excited about this intake. Hell, the sound difference alone makes me want it.
It does sound good doesn't it?

The first test intake has been received today... Hopefully something good will come of it.

In assembling the test intake, I realized that it has some problems that have come along with the addition of the silicone insulation inside the air box. The air box/heat shield was never originally designed for this insulation, so the addition of this, and as well as using the silicone insulation to replace the bulb seal edge trim along the outer edges of the box has not worked out as planned.

So an air box/lid redesign is in the works currently, which will hopefully lead to a better seal from the engine compartment, as well as an easier to install unit...

And so, remember the "Name that Intake!" contest will run for quite a while longer, as will the weekly giveaways on our facebook page so if you haven't entered yet, now is your chance!

To sweeten the pot for the v6 owners to want to enter, IF you should happen to own a v6 and you win the contest, because we don't have a working intake for the v6 cars yet, if you win, we will buy you a Roto-Fab, of Vararam v6 intake for you car in substitution of the grand prize of a JacFab v8 intake...

Enter now!

Specializing in attractive "no drill" front license plate brackets for the 2010+ Camaro Check out our new website! www.jacfab.com
2010 Camaro 1SS RJT w/ SIM Stripes; M6. 12.535 @ 112.33mph JacFab No-Drill front license plate bracket 1st AND 3rd owner!

Last edited by Jason@JacFab; 02-13-2013 at 01:29 AM.
Jason@JacFab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:52 PM   #259
pnyklr

Drives: A Gift From My Wife
Wow, May? Really?

It might be time to bail on this project and order a CAI.

-Funk
2012 Convert 2SS/RS SW/IO LS3 - Build #1081

07/21/2011 - (3800) Order produced and vehicle is being prepared for shipping.
08/09/2011 - (4200) Shipped (vehicle is shipped to the dealer or interim point of delivery).
08/16/2011 - (5000) Vehicle has been delivered to dealer.
08/19/2011 - In my possession.
pnyklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:54 PM   #260
Jason@JacFab
www.jacfab.com

Hopefully not "May", but it will go on sale when it's ready. Do what you have to do

Specializing in attractive "no drill" front license plate brackets for the 2010+ Camaro Check out our new website! www.jacfab.com
2010 Camaro 1SS RJT w/ SIM Stripes; M6. 12.535 @ 112.33mph JacFab No-Drill front license plate bracket 1st AND 3rd owner!
Old 02-22-2013, 09:26 PM   #261
Jason@JacFab
www.jacfab.com

Well... Got a bit of bad news. The first independent tester reports that the intake doesn't seem to have very good street manners. I'm not exactly how or why as I drove around with the intake in various stages and/or configurations for 10k miles on my own car, and I never noticed any of the problems reported either on the street or at the track. So I'm going to have to bite the bullet and move the MAF sensor into the tube and get it away from the opening of the velocity stack which will hopefully give it better street manners... He also suggested that in it's current configuration that perhaps it's a "tune only" intake so I guess it's not a total loss...

More bad news... I've been waiting for about 3 weeks now to here something on the silicone intake tube progress from the manufacturer... For some reason they claim they never received the email with the Solidworks drawing for the tube, but after digging through their email they found it... So now that's running behind schedule as well.

So along with the airbox redesign, I will have to start playing with the MAF location and watching fueling again once the MAF is moved into the tube.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:01 PM   #262
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Well that sucks... Keep us updated.
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:09 PM   #263
tramtwo

Drives: 2013 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacnJsn95 View Post
Well... Got a bit of bad news. The first independent tester reports that the intake doesn't seem to have very good street manners. I'm not exactly how or why as I drove around with the intake in various stages and/or configurations for 10k miles on my own car, and I never noticed any of the problems reported either on the street or at the track. So I'm going to have to bite the bullet and move the MAF sensor into the tube and get it away from the opening of the velocity stack which will hopefully give it better street manners... He also suggested that in it's current configuration that perhaps it's a "tune only" intake so I guess it's not a total loss...

More bad news... I've been waiting for about 3 weeks now to here something on the silicone intake tube progress from the manufacturer... For some reason they claim they never received the email with the Solidworks drawing for the tube, but after digging through their email they found it... So now that's running behind schedule as well.

So along with the airbox redesign, I will have to start playing with the MAF location and watching fueling again once the MAF is moved into the tube.
do not be discouraged... now you may have time for a few new videos...
Old 02-22-2013, 10:20 PM   #264
14pilot
Original Bumblebee Owner

Drives: 265hp ZX-14, 500hp Silverado, V-ROD
Hope your tester has a strong MAF sensor ?!?!?
#5 - 2010 2SS/RS MN6 ABM #142-Silver Rallys-GFX / Med Titanium
My previous Camaros:
#4 - 1994 Z/28 6M Black over Arctic White / Graphite-Red Inserts - traded
#3 - 1981 Z/28 Bright Blue Metallic / Black - sold
#2 - 1970.5 RS Mulsanne Blue / Blue - endo crashed it and parted it out
#1 - 1967 RS Butternut Yellow w/ Black Bumblebee Stripe-RPO D91 / Parchment-Black - sold
14pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:27 PM   #265
pnyklr

Drives: A Gift From My Wife
This is not good.

-Funk
2012 Convert 2SS/RS SW/IO LS3 - Build #1081

07/21/2011 - (3800) Order produced and vehicle is being prepared for shipping.
08/09/2011 - (4200) Shipped (vehicle is shipped to the dealer or interim point of delivery).
08/16/2011 - (5000) Vehicle has been delivered to dealer.
08/19/2011 - In my possession.
pnyklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:28 PM   #266
Jason@JacFab
www.jacfab.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14pilot View Post
Hope your tester has a strong MAF sensor ?!?!?
I sent my strong MAF sensor from my car, installed in the v-stack/filter clamp piece that I probably put at least 3k miles on and did the previous dyno testing with...

I typically saw LTFT readings in about the +3-6% range myself, yet he was reporting +10-13% after driving around with it for 4-5 days.

Not a big deal, I will get it right.

Old 02-22-2013, 11:26 PM   #267
Red Jewel RS

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
Don't let it discourage you. Remember a lot of great products had several setbacks in their designs. A setback is just another opportunity to make a better design.

On October 29, 1941, U.K. Prime Minister Winston Churchill visited Harrow School to to hear the traditional songs he had sung there as a youth, as well as to speak to the students. When he was invited to give a speech, Churchill stood before the students and said,
"Never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, give up. Never give up. Never give up. Never give up."

To be successful in your life and business, here is what Winston Churchill told us:

"The pessimist sees the problems in every opportunity. Whereas the optimist sees the opportunity in every problem"
"Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense"

Old 02-23-2013, 12:24 AM   #268
tramtwo

Quote:
I sent my strong MAF sensor from my car, installed in the v-stack/filter clamp piece that I probably put at least 3k miles on and did the previous dyno testing with...

I typically saw LTFT readings in about the +3-6% range myself, yet he was reporting +10-13% after driving around with it for 4-5 days.

Not a big deal, I will get it right.

elevation... humidity... ect
Old 02-23-2013, 12:33 AM   #269
Tayap79

Drives: 2013 Victorty Red Camaro 2SS
Aw man, definitely a tune only intake?
Old 02-23-2013, 12:41 AM   #270
Jason@JacFab
www.jacfab.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
elevation... humidity... ect
It's definitely possible? He was located at appx 630ft, where as I am at 1410 here at my track. Although the dyno I have been using is at appx 250 ft, so I think I would have noticed something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayap79 View Post
Aw man, definitely a tune only intake?
Not necessarily, it was just suggested. I'm still working in it.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:52 AM   #271
tramtwo

Quote:
It's definitely possible? He was located at appx 630ft, where as I am at 1410 here at my track. Although the dyno I have been using is at appx 250 ft, so I think I would have noticed something

Not necessarily, it was just suggested. I'm still working in it.
So more testing before redesign...

tramtwo posted this on the go
Old 02-23-2013, 01:03 AM   #272
stlrammer

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS SGM
JacFab, that CAI looks really good.

Tags
cai, dyno, intake, jacfab, velocity