Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Cam Motion
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Off-topic Discussions Discuss any off-topic subjects with other members.

Old 04-29-2012, 02:57 PM   #1
INTIMIDAT3R
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 2SS/RS L99, '12 2LS LFX
Cool One-Man Crime Spree...

I'm on a regular, one-man crime spree.

I get pulled over a couple of weeks ago for no headlights.

Just over an hour ago I get pulled over just north of Cedar Falls for no front plate. Must have been a slow day for the State Patrol.

Anyone else want to join me in this spree?

The Trooper was really cool about it, but let me know I needed to remedy the situation or next time it would not be a warning.

FYI... It was only a warning. In Iowa, for no front plate, the fine is $87 and it's NOT a moving violation.
Attached Images

Last edited by INTIMIDAT3R; 04-29-2012 at 03:12 PM.
INTIMIDAT3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 02:59 PM   #2
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Yeah, I will never put a front plate on my car. Hell no, and I am a Police Officer in Ohio where it is illegal to not have front plates. I will never pull someone over for it and I will never put one on.
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 03:22 PM   #3
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: '11 1SS/RS, '13 Cruze
You're a bad bad man
Old 04-29-2012, 03:24 PM   #4
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie7 View Post
You're a bad bad man
Angie every time you post something and I see it I see that summit white and am kinda jealous. I guess I will admit it.
Old 04-29-2012, 03:44 PM   #5
gbosh

Drives: 2012 ZL1 Camaro
Who in the hell can see a front plate when it's dark,tried too read front plates and I can't do it! So what two bit nit wit can tell me that a front plate can be read at even 30 mph closingl speed?
gbosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 03:49 PM   #6
Stealthpanda

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
They are honestly pretty pointless. PA people get to drive in NJ w/o them. Just rguergvjhsdfgf..... Some things irritate me... I dont get why it matters. Someone will chime in, but I just dont see the point. Wonder what the ratio of states that require it to states that dont is.... Can it be like Self Service gas stations? I know NJ and a FEW others at best dont have SS. Shrug. Cheers.
Stealthpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 03:54 PM   #7
Bumblebee2012

Drives: 2012 2SS TF3, 1971 Chevelle
No LEO would write a ticket to another LEO for something like that. Maybe for nearly killing someone.... And even that is a big maybe. There is a brotherhood, call it professional courtesy.... But if it's another LEO or family member, there is a very high chance that there will be no pen to paper observed.

Then you have the anomalies, the cops that will write on their own. Luckily, these are not common creatures.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Bumblebee2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 03:57 PM   #8
Myyu

Drives: 2012 1LT IBM
I've never understood the point of a front plate. Maybe its because I live in GA, were you don't need them, but whats the point of them?
Myyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:00 PM   #9
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumblebee2012 View Post
No LEO would write a ticket to another LEO for something like that. Maybe for nearly killing someone.... And even that is a big maybe. There is a brotherhood, call it professional courtesy.... But if it's another LEO or family member, there is a very high chance that there will be no pen to paper observed.
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH don't tell our secret
Old 04-29-2012, 04:04 PM   #10
StentS

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th Anniversary LS3
If front plates are so important and required then why aren't they on motorcycles too? I will not put the front plate on either....

Vince

StentS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:58 PM   #11
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
Stupid front plate law. SO glad I don't have to deal with that crap!
Old 04-29-2012, 05:00 PM   #12
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myyu View Post
I've never understood the point of a front plate. Maybe its because I live in GA, were you don't need them, but whats the point of them?
Mostly extra revenue for the state.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:02 PM   #13

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
How the heck do you get a ticket (or pulled over) for no head-lights?...They either come on by themselves, or you turn them on early????
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:18 PM   #14
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: '11 1SS/RS, '13 Cruze
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post
Angie every time you post something and I see it I see that summit white and am kinda jealous. I guess I will admit it.
Lol thanks, Ill take the compliment
Old 04-29-2012, 05:27 PM   #15
upflying

Drives: '86 Monte Carlo SS
Quote:
Yeah, I will never put a front plate on my car. Hell no, and I am a Police Officer in Ohio where it is illegal to not have front plates. I will never pull someone over for it and I will never put one on.
Will you stop a car with no front plate as probable cause under the pretext of another motivation?
For example, you think the car and occupants are suspicious and use no front plate as a reason to stop them to find out who they are.
upflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:34 PM   #16
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by upflying View Post
Will you stop a car with no front plate as probable cause under the pretext of another motivation?
For example, you think the car and occupants are suspicious and use no front plate as a reason to stop them to find out who they are.
If I am fairly confident something isn't right like I see someone smoking a blunt) then sure. Chances are I could find something else though. I can go out right now and pull over any car I see for something lol. Ohio has so many moving violations that you can really pull someone over for anything. I can pull someone over for weaving in their own lane. I know no one out there can drive in a perfectly straight line unless they are purposely trying.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:41 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by INTIMIDAT3R View Post
I'm on a regular, one-man crime spree.

I get pulled over a couple of weeks ago for no headlights.
Sorry for posting again, but am I missing something? How is no headlights even possible?? Were they removed?? or what??...thanks, just curious!
Old 04-29-2012, 05:42 PM   #18
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Sorry for posting again, but am I missing something? How is no headlights even possible?? Were they removed?? or what??...thanks, just curious!
He probably had them turned off lol
Old 04-29-2012, 05:45 PM   #19

Quote:
He probably had them turned off lol
Ok...but I thought toggling them off was only good for a brief while...if the cars on...the toggle automatically goes back to "auto" on the lights...and would come back on?? Or do they stay off for the duration even at night?? thanks again.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:56 PM   #20
SSBlack
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS JFB
If I remember, OP said in a separate thread they were in a parking lot that had really bright lights. I don't recall mine not coming on in parking lots with bright lights, but it must happen.
SSBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:25 PM   #21
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumblebee2012 View Post

Then you have the anomalies, the cops that will write on their own. Luckily, these are not common creatures.

Sometimes I've wanted to be a police officer, just to ticket other police officers. Look, I've got the most respect for you guys and putting your lives on the line for others, but when those lights are not on, you're just another driver and that means you can't go 10-15 over the speed limit.

Police in my area have a hard time understanding that laws apply to all, not just non-police people.

Of course I don't mean you in particular, just police in my area
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:32 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
Sometimes I've wanted to be a police officer, just to ticket other police officers. Look, I've got the most respect for you guys and putting your lives on the line for others, but when those lights are not on, you're just another driver and that means you can't go 10-15 over the speed limit.

Police in my area have a hard time understanding that laws apply to all, not just non-police people.

Just a thought, I think the lights and siren use is actually pretty rare compared to the majority of calls police actually "respond" to...I would give them the benefit of the doubt that they are a lot of times still getting to a call of some kind as quickly and safely as they can, whether the lights or siren are on or not.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:42 PM   #23
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Ok...but I thought toggling them off was only good for a brief while...if the cars on...the toggle automatically goes back to "auto" on the lights...and would come back on?? Or do they stay off for the duration even at night?? thanks again.
They still turn off until you turn them back on or until you turn the car off. It goes back to the auto position automatically so they come on when needed the next time.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:45 PM   #24
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post

There are A LOT of times when we need to get somewhere quickly and can't use the sirens. You don't want bad guys to know you're coming or they will just run. I probably go lights and sirens 3-5 times a month. NOW I completely understand where you are coming from. Most cops do speed when they shouldn't and when they aren't on a call. Now me, I drive the speed limits bc it's fun to watch all the speeders catch up to me and slow down then cause a traffic jam behind me bc everyone is afraid to pass.

NOW if you want a hilarious video...search "florida state trooper pulls over cop". HILARIOUS! haha
Old 04-29-2012, 07:00 PM   #25
TurboTA89

Drives: 2010 RS/SS Camaro
Quote:
Good to know you wont pull me over when I drive threw fairfield lol.
TurboTA89 is offline   Reply With Quote