Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Motorsports Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2012, 05:58 PM   #18
SixGracing

 
SixGracing's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 A6
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Haven, UT
Posts: 790
Pictures of them after the race the day they drove. They are also posted on Utah Camaros on Facebook.

Name:  Maranda sm.jpg
Views: 1130
Size:  162.2 KB

Name:  Alyssa sm.jpg
Views: 1116
Size:  160.3 KB
__________________
SixGracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:38 PM   #19
PoorMansCamaro



 
PoorMansCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: Really Slow
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 55,207
Hey! Looks like Sam did a good job on your car! Beautiful car and girls, congrats! Make sure you hit up the vegas club if you ever come back down. the DA here is not AS bad as up there. lol

edit: you may know me as "poormanscamaro". lol got a name change to go with the new car.
__________________
PoorMansCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:48 PM   #20
SixGracing

 
SixGracing's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 A6
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Haven, UT
Posts: 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by aSSian View Post
Hey! Looks like Sam did a good job on your car! Beautiful car and girls, congrats! Make sure you hit up the vegas club if you ever come back down. the DA here is not AS bad as up there. lol

edit: you may know me as "poormanscamaro". lol got a name change to go with the new car.
Yes, Sam did an excellent job! Thanks for the compliments. I will be down again for some Vegas drags for sure. My brother-in-law likes to race in Vegas too so I'm sure we'll see you around.

Any new mods on your Camaro?
__________________
SixGracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:54 PM   #21
SixGracing

 
SixGracing's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 A6
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Haven, UT
Posts: 790
Hood open

Notice the new RX catch can, just installed Vmax TB and of course the engine cover courtesy of Sam at the Speed shop in Vegas! Thanks again Sam! You rock.

Name:  Cover 2 small.jpg
Views: 1165
Size:  286.1 KB
__________________
SixGracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:08 PM   #22
PoorMansCamaro



 
PoorMansCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: Really Slow
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 55,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixGracing View Post
Yes, Sam did an excellent job! Thanks for the compliments. I will be down again for some Vegas drags for sure. My brother-in-law likes to race in Vegas too so I'm sure we'll see you around.

Any new mods on your Camaro?
She's mostly stock right now. I bought her on march 13th. still don't know which direction i want to go in. Whether FI or NA, so i'll be doing suspension/wheels and tires first. I just chopped off the mufflers and did straight pipe for now.
__________________
PoorMansCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:11 PM   #23
PoorMansCamaro



 
PoorMansCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: Really Slow
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 55,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixGracing View Post
Hood open

Notice the new RX catch can, just installed Vmax TB and of course the engine cover courtesy of Sam at the Speed shop in Vegas! Thanks again Sam! You rock.
never knew sam did engine covers. lol looks real good!
__________________
PoorMansCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:12 PM   #24
07fx2
 
07fx2's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 F150
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 186
Umm they single??!! Haha Jk sounds like you had a blast.
__________________
07fx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:19 PM   #25
SixGracing

 
SixGracing's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 A6
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Haven, UT
Posts: 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by aSSian View Post
never knew sam did engine covers. lol looks real good!
Sam doesn't do them lol. He said some local guys does them and Sam was just generous enough to get me this cover because my stock one got scratched during the build.
__________________
SixGracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:20 PM   #26
SixGracing

 
SixGracing's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 A6
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Haven, UT
Posts: 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07fx2 View Post
Umm they single??!! Haha Jk sounds like you had a blast.

Definitely had a blast! As far as their status... Well, sort of up in the air I think.. lol
__________________
SixGracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:20 PM   #27
motorhead


 
motorhead's Avatar
 
Drives: Stormtrooper
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bartertown
Posts: 9,026
Awesome! Pretty and great racers too. Love to see the family play together. Hope my daughter is into racing when she's old enough.

Great thread!
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:22 PM   #28
SixGracing

 
SixGracing's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 A6
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Haven, UT
Posts: 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Awesome! Pretty and great racers too. Love to see the family play together. Hope my daughter is into racing when she's old enough.

Great thread!
Just put her in the car and let her go. She'll be hooked. Both of them absolutely loved it! They can hardly wait til the next race. I've created a couple monsters I think.
__________________
SixGracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:24 PM   #29
07fx2
 
07fx2's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 F150
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 186
I need to get me a mustang or camaro soon. Getting tired of my truck haha
__________________
07fx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:25 PM   #30
PoorMansCamaro



 
PoorMansCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: Really Slow
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 55,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixGracing View Post
Just put her in the car and let her go. She'll be hooked. Both of them absolutely loved it! They can hardly wait til the next race. I've created a couple monsters I think.
maybe they can drive my car and get better times than i can. fastest i've gone so far is 13.833 here.
__________________
PoorMansCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:27 PM   #31
PoorMansCamaro



 
PoorMansCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: Really Slow
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 55,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixGracing View Post
Definitely had a blast! As far as their status... Well, sort of up in the air I think.. lol
__________________
PoorMansCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:27 PM   #32
motorhead


 
motorhead's Avatar
 
Drives: Stormtrooper
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bartertown
Posts: 9,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixGracing View Post
Just put her in the car and let her go. She'll be hooked. Both of them absolutely loved it! They can hardly wait til the next race. I've created a couple monsters I think.


Will do. I have six years to wait. I'm taking her to her first drag strip on Saturday. Hoping to get it in her blood early.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:31 PM   #33
SixGracing

 
SixGracing's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 A6
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Haven, UT
Posts: 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by aSSian View Post
maybe they can drive my car and get better times than i can. fastest i've gone so far is 13.833 here.
Stock Camaro's in Utah run low 14's. Probably the difference in DA. 13.8 is a great run for mostly stock. Just have Sam throw a few upgrades in there and get you into the 12's.

I think my next investment is going to get some parts to get my power to the ground. Car seems to run harder with the T/C off but can't keep the tires from spinning. So I think 18's for the back, a set of MT drag radials and the Stage III Pfadt drag kit should be a huge help. Along with changing my diff gears to 3.45's. Was going to go 3.70's but plan on FI next year so the 3.70's would be a bit low from what I've seen. One piece at a time though. Everything I mentioned is well over $1k for each. $$$$$
__________________
SixGracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:32 PM   #34
SixGracing

 
SixGracing's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 A6
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Haven, UT
Posts: 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post


Will do. I have six years to wait. I'm taking her to her first drag strip on Saturday. Hoping to get it in her blood early.
That should do it. Are they top fuel? That might scare the crap out of her.. lol
__________________
SixGracing is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.