Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2012, 11:05 PM   #1
Fr3e4gent
 
Fr3e4gent's Avatar
 
Drives: 1LT, Very First LLT Supercharged v6
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 154
LLT Supercharger v6 Camaro 2010

Hello everyone,

A topic about this has most likely already been posted but I just created an account here on C5 and would like to put this out for everyone.

I know people have been wondering about the 2010 LLT supercharger kit that IPF-Tuning has been doing. In fact, that camaro would indeed be mine that they have worked on. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...1089250&type=1

I would also like to point out that of all 3 Camaros that they did, mine had the most power and only transmission tune.

There is so much to tell about the supercharger but I believe people have questions on certain things. If you wish to bring these questions up with me, send me a PM and I will get back to you.

Brandon
__________________
MRT 2.0, Hotchkis Suspension Springs, SS Rotors, SS Brembos, Braided Brake Lines, 20inch SS Rims, Nitto Invos, IPF Supercharger
Fr3e4gent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:24 AM   #2
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop
 
V6owner's Avatar
 
Drives: One Badass 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rosenberg, TX
Posts: 2,229
KeeP us posted
__________________
2014 Black 2SS/RS 1LE
V6owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:49 AM   #3
Fr3e4gent
 
Fr3e4gent's Avatar
 
Drives: 1LT, Very First LLT Supercharged v6
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 154
Will do.
__________________
MRT 2.0, Hotchkis Suspension Springs, SS Rotors, SS Brembos, Braided Brake Lines, 20inch SS Rims, Nitto Invos, IPF Supercharger
Fr3e4gent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:51 AM   #4
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider
 
Cyber Gray's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2SS/RS 14; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Muscat
Posts: 2,047
Did you manage to get any 0-60 or rwhp numbers ?

Also, how do you feel the car throttle response after installing SC especially from 1000-2000 RPM.

How is your car handling the extra hp. I mean suspension, brakes, and tires ?
__________________
Im not Gray any more !!
Cyber Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:54 AM   #5
kenkartasasmita
COTW [4/23/12]
 
kenkartasasmita's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Of The Week.
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 2,091
subscribed!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfall View Post

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession

2010 Camaro V6 1LT | Kooks Catback Exhaust + MBRP exhaust tips | TF3 Stripes | GM Transformers Emblem and Door Sill | Stillen splitter | GMX rear diffuser | K&N CAI | Pulstar iridium spark plugs. | Gm High Wing Spoiler | BBK LT Headers | BMR 4 Point Strut Bar | BMR 1" Lowering Springs | ZL1 Side Skirt | Black Ice-olator | Trifecta Tune |

My Build Thread
kenkartasasmita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:29 AM   #6
KalCorp
Space Coast Camaros
 
KalCorp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro Vert
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Palm Bay , FL
Posts: 1,151
KalCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:52 AM   #7
Fr3e4gent
 
Fr3e4gent's Avatar
 
Drives: 1LT, Very First LLT Supercharged v6
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Gray View Post
Did you manage to get any 0-60 or rwhp numbers ?

Also, how do you feel the car throttle response after installing SC especially from 1000-2000 RPM.

How is your car handling the extra hp. I mean suspension, brakes, and tires ?
My 0-60 is about 4.7sec and the rwhp is 385 (Getting another dyno run today)

The response time on the car has improved since the SC, getting into 2nd gear you can feel the boost kicking in and I have to say, I can just feel myself sinking into my seat. (The transmission tune has also helped out with getting the gearing perfect)

My camaro has been making extraordinary hp that they are installing better piping/tubing for the SC. The car seems to be doing fine with the hp, I have seen no problems so far. The suspension is handling the aggressive movements of the car with ease. Brakes are working fine, I possibly need to put the brake down a little more because its taking me longer to stop since I am going faster than usual =) The tires do experience some slip due to the hp/torque gain. I am on Good Years (not very expenisve) but in a couple weeks I am getting Nitto 555s and then I will see if there is tire slip. In addition, I am on 18s right now and going to be switching to 20s.

Hope what I have said to your questions helps answers them.
__________________
MRT 2.0, Hotchkis Suspension Springs, SS Rotors, SS Brembos, Braided Brake Lines, 20inch SS Rims, Nitto Invos, IPF Supercharger
Fr3e4gent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:59 AM   #8
bmorecam
Account Suspended
 
Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: CYBERGMONSTER@GMAIL.COM
Posts: 3,658
I just can't understand why IPF does not offer custom tuning Especially when they are running their own custom tuning solution. Like I said before, peoples that are heavily modded such as myself have to look for different options. I don't think peoples will de-mod back to stock when there's other options right around the corner such as RX SC that can be trifecta custom tuned to whatever mod you have. It seem like a very nice kit but sucks that there's limitation. For someone that just want to stay stock and SC, this seem like a good option.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:43 PM   #9
Fr3e4gent
 
Fr3e4gent's Avatar
 
Drives: 1LT, Very First LLT Supercharged v6
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 154
They are doing a tune with LT Headers with the SC
__________________
MRT 2.0, Hotchkis Suspension Springs, SS Rotors, SS Brembos, Braided Brake Lines, 20inch SS Rims, Nitto Invos, IPF Supercharger
Fr3e4gent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:14 PM   #10
bmorecam
Account Suspended
 
Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: CYBERGMONSTER@GMAIL.COM
Posts: 3,658
They said they will be offering that but it will be months out. Why not offer them now? Put the car on the dyno and tweak as necessary individually.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:35 PM   #11
Fr3e4gent
 
Fr3e4gent's Avatar
 
Drives: 1LT, Very First LLT Supercharged v6
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 154
They wanted to start right away on the project using my car, but I did not want headers since I feel it would be a little to much.

They went all out giving my camaro a very aggressive tune, its on the dyno as we speak. Including that its getting upgraded tubing for the supercharger.
__________________
MRT 2.0, Hotchkis Suspension Springs, SS Rotors, SS Brembos, Braided Brake Lines, 20inch SS Rims, Nitto Invos, IPF Supercharger
Fr3e4gent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:11 PM   #12
lesson1
I Get Around
 
lesson1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1LT
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hampton, Va
Posts: 42
lesson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:59 PM   #13
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider
 
Cyber Gray's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2SS/RS 14; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Muscat
Posts: 2,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr3e4gent View Post
My 0-60 is about 4.7sec and the rwhp is 385 (Getting another dyno run today)

The response time on the car has improved since the SC, getting into 2nd gear you can feel the boost kicking in and I have to say, I can just feel myself sinking into my seat. (The transmission tune has also helped out with getting the gearing perfect)

My camaro has been making extraordinary hp that they are installing better piping/tubing for the SC. The car seems to be doing fine with the hp, I have seen no problems so far. The suspension is handling the aggressive movements of the car with ease. Brakes are working fine, I possibly need to put the brake down a little more because its taking me longer to stop since I am going faster than usual =) The tires do experience some slip due to the hp/torque gain. I am on Good Years (not very expenisve) but in a couple weeks I am getting Nitto 555s and then I will see if there is tire slip. In addition, I am on 18s right now and going to be switching to 20s.

Hope what I have said to your questions helps answers them.
WoW that is very impressive ..

But have to wait for the tune. Im on LTs already
__________________
Im not Gray any more !!
Cyber Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:03 PM   #14
Fr3e4gent
 
Fr3e4gent's Avatar
 
Drives: 1LT, Very First LLT Supercharged v6
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Gray View Post
WoW that is very impressive ..

But have to wait for the tune. Im on LTs already
I am a very happy v6 =)
__________________
MRT 2.0, Hotchkis Suspension Springs, SS Rotors, SS Brembos, Braided Brake Lines, 20inch SS Rims, Nitto Invos, IPF Supercharger
Fr3e4gent is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.