Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vector Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Forced Induction - V6 V6 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Old 04-30-2012, 10:57 PM   #26
Mach

Drives: White M6 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr3e4gent View Post
This is my first car too =) Glad it happen to be a camaro and getting this much fame.
Lucky.. my first car was the 1992 Geo Tracker.. 2 door.
Pfadt Sway Bars - FE3 Suspension - Barton Shifter - IdealG's Clutch Master Cylinder - Trifecta - Vmax TB - Vararam Intake - MACE 25mm Insulator - Plenum Insulator - Ported/Gasket Matched Intake Manifold - Rx Catchcan - AAC DRL's - 4 Pack Aux Gauges - Steering Controls - AAC Afterburners - DIY Led Sidemarkers - ZL1 Front End

Next mod: Done!
Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:10 PM   #27
Jaime068
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS RJT
Quote:
This is my first car too =) Glad it happen to be a camaro and getting this much fame.
...would be nice seeing our cars still in our garage 10yrs from now
Old 04-30-2012, 11:15 PM   #28
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop

Drives: One Badass 1LE
What are the dyno numbers from today?
Old 04-30-2012, 11:20 PM   #29
Fr3e4gent

Drives: 1LT, Very First LLT Supercharged v6
Weather from today in Tempe, Arizona was over 105 all day so instead they are doing it tomorrow morning when its cooler.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:21 AM   #30
Ir0nM4n

Drives: 14 1LE
ok, first wouldnt you want 18" rims for less rotational mass. You can purchase 18's on the rear that are 10.5" wide. Wondering if IPF can tune the LLT or do they outsource for that.
Nice car great times I am sure you are one very happy customer. Congrats on the mods.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:29 AM   #31
Fr3e4gent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MINI HLK View Post
ok, first wouldnt you want 18" rims for less rotational mass. You can purchase 18's on the rear that are 10.5" wide. Wondering if IPF can tune the LLT or do they outsource for that.
Nice car great times I am sure you are one very happy customer. Congrats on the mods.
Yes 18s are better I guess because of their diameter and ability to move faster but I have always wanted 20s. The 20s wont make that much change and the rims I am getting are very light.

What do you mean by "Wondering if IPF can tune the LLT or do they outsource for that. " IPF does their own tuning.

Yes I am extremely happy and fortunate.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:52 AM   #32
Ir0nM4n

Ah, ok I thought Trifecta were the only ones for the LLT. Yea I am still deciding on 20" or 18" though I am leaning on 18". The TSW's nurbugring's are pretty light, the 20x9.5 is 18.5 lbs, and the 20x10.5 is 18lbs. Ugh decisions decisions.

Thank you for the reply, again nice car!
Old 05-01-2012, 10:12 AM   #33
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Ah, ok I thought Trifecta were the only ones for the LLT. Yea I am still deciding on 20" or 18" though I am leaning on 18". The TSW's nurbugring's are pretty light, the 20x9.5 is 18.5 lbs, and the 20x10.5 is 18lbs. Ugh decisions decisions.

Nurburgrings... you are looking more at 23 to 24 pounds..

Others here:

http://www.tsw.com/alloy_wheels_nurburgring.php

BTW... LOVE MINE!

scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:12 AM   #34
Mach

Drives: White M6 1LT RS
^^^^^No burnouts.. WHAT???
Pfadt Sway Bars - FE3 Suspension - Barton Shifter - IdealG's Clutch Master Cylinder - Trifecta - Vmax TB - Vararam Intake - MACE 25mm Insulator - Plenum Insulator - Ported/Gasket Matched Intake Manifold - Rx Catchcan - AAC DRL's - 4 Pack Aux Gauges - Steering Controls - AAC Afterburners - DIY Led Sidemarkers - ZL1 Front End

Next mod: Done!
Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:50 PM   #35
KMPrenger

Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
Quote:
Yes 18s are better I guess because of their diameter and ability to move faster but I have always wanted 20s. The 20s wont make that much change and the rims I am getting are very light.

What do you mean by "Wondering if IPF can tune the LLT or do they outsource for that. " IPF does their own tuning.

Yes I am extremely happy and fortunate.
I think he meant maybe for drag racing, the smaller rear with more rubber and sidewall is better (as I'm sure you also know), but for looks, I'm with you on the 20s.
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:13 PM   #36
Fr3e4gent

Quote:

I am going to love my 20s with staggered fitment and Nitto 555s
Old 05-01-2012, 02:34 PM   #37
Ir0nM4n

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Nurburgrings... you are looking more at 23 to 24 pounds..

Others here:

http://www.tsw.com/alloy_wheels_nurburgring.php

BTW... LOVE MINE!

Very nice wheels!!! I stand corrected . I will be going with 18 for all around. I will be saving 3 lbs per rim on the rear. Going from 20 X 10.5 (24.45lbs) to 18 X 10.5 (21.25lbs). Sorry I shouldnt high jack this thread. I will create another thread for rim discussion. Thank you for the replies though.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:34 PM   #38
Fr3e4gent

Anyway, watched my camaro on the dyno today. The LLT v6 was at 267rwhp stock and it did 392rwhp on its first run today. Its pushing only 6psi. I think this was better than Gretchen's TT 6psi, where it did 350rwhp. Photos will be up today and videos within the week.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:32 PM   #39
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
No offense whatsoever, but Gretchen now has a lot of upgrades since that run. Gretchen is running top of the line turbos with all the supporting pieces to boot. Also, have you run it at the track yet? That's what im interested in. I believe gretchen ran a 12 at 3 psi with traction problems. I really want to see what a supercharger can do but at the moment, turbos seem to be the way to get the best power.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:56 PM   #40
JohnZ

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT V6
267 rwhp stock? that's amazing

BMR Bushing Inserts,Pedders Radius Rod Inserts, Pfadt Sway Bars and Endlinks, LSR Front Subframe Brace

SS Brembo Brakes, Racing Brake Stainless Lines
JohnZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:34 PM   #41
Fr3e4gent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
No offense whatsoever, but Gretchen now has a lot of upgrades since that run. Gretchen is running top of the line turbos with all the supporting pieces to boot. Also, have you run it at the track yet? That's what im interested in. I believe gretchen ran a 12 at 3 psi with traction problems. I really want to see what a supercharger can do but at the moment, turbos seem to be the way to get the best power.
Im not mad or offended whatsoever, Gretchen has a lot more stuff than me yes but at that time he still had more than me. My car did better than his with less things. Only a supercharger of 6psi, No HO fuel pump or injectors, just an advance tune. I could probably run 12 if I upgraded my car a little more but I am just saying. Supercharger is keeping up with you Gretchen and I have less aftermarket parts.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:54 PM   #42
Ir0nM4n

What was the torq number on the dyno.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:00 PM   #43
Fr3e4gent

319rwtq
Attached Images

Old 05-01-2012, 09:57 PM   #44
The_cartoonist_88
Turbine Cowboy

Drives: 2010 Yellow 2LT Camaro
Its probably even higher than that, the Mustangs seem to be a bit conservative on the numbers it gives. If possible I would try to get it on a different brand of Dyno. but that is an awesome number to see
Old 05-01-2012, 10:36 PM   #45
KMPrenger

Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
Quote:
Im not mad or offended whatsoever, Gretchen has a lot more stuff than me yes but at that time he still had more than me. My car did better than his with less things. Only a supercharger of 6psi, No HO fuel pump or injectors, just an advance tune. I could probably run 12 if I upgraded my car a little more but I am just saying. Supercharger is keeping up with you Gretchen and I have less aftermarket parts.
I can't guarantee it, but I'm pretty positive there was no HO fuel pump on his car back in early 2011 when that dyno was taken(in fact they may have only recently found a pump that will allow this car to reach its true potential...which is much MUCH higher than 350rwhp), and I'm not sure about any aftermarket injectors either. Also, we've had several other turbo cars run at 6psi with numbers like yours or higher with nothing more than a tune and all the necessary hardware to run a turbo.

Don't take any of that the wrong way...I love how these supercharger projects are coming along and your car just might be one of the best examples out there currently. Its super impressive and I'm jealous! But the turbo cars will end up being the ultimate performers in my opinion.

Also, I have to say, for a stock auto LLT, 267rwhp is about 15 to 20 HP higher than what I'd consider normal.

One final recommendation...don't call out gretchen... lol He'll put the hurt on ya eventually

IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:04 PM   #46
Fr3e4gent

I never called anyone out, just stating the obvious.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:22 PM   #47
Superfreak

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS, 2004 LLY Dually
Congrats!! Looks like an awesome upgrade. I have been lurking here for a while waiting for someone to get this IPF supercharger installed. The installation
Looks very stealth and clean - almost oem like. I like the stealth black look. I am happy for you and wish you lots of fun with the upgrade. Keep us posted. I am sure I will be doing the same supercharger upgrade in the next month or so.
Superfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:35 PM   #48
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Congrats on the car, pretty impressive numbers but I feel a grudge match coming up.
What did your car pull in the 1/4? It was a 12.9 right?
I think Gretchen ran a 12.4
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:20 AM   #49
Fr3e4gent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
Congrats on the car, pretty impressive numbers but I feel a grudge match coming up.
What did your car pull in the 1/4? It was a 12.9 right?
I think Gretchen ran a 12.4
Last time I took my car to the track it was when I had a cold air intake. However, my camaro is more powerful than the LFX SC from IPF and that did 13.0. So I know for a fact it will be within the 12s somewhere.

We will see what I do when I get the required items to race.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:09 AM   #50
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
What items do you still need to race? I really hope to see a track day vid! It's exciting to see all these builds.

I love superchargers and their ease of maintenance but i agree with prenger. Turbos are the kings of making power. Just look at cjt's sts setup. Over 400 to the wheels I believe?

Oh and yea, gretchen didn't have any aftermarket injectors or fuel pump, it was just the turbos. Now, his car is something else lol

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote