Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2012, 11:20 PM   #29
Fr3e4gent
 
Fr3e4gent's Avatar
 
Drives: 1LT, Very First LLT Supercharged v6
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 154
Weather from today in Tempe, Arizona was over 105 all day so instead they are doing it tomorrow morning when its cooler.
__________________
MRT 2.0, Hotchkis Suspension Springs, SS Rotors, SS Brembos, Braided Brake Lines, 20inch SS Rims, Nitto Invos, IPF Supercharger
Fr3e4gent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:21 AM   #30
Ir0nM4n


 
Ir0nM4n's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 1LE
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Washington
Posts: 2,538
ok, first wouldnt you want 18" rims for less rotational mass. You can purchase 18's on the rear that are 10.5" wide. Wondering if IPF can tune the LLT or do they outsource for that.
Nice car great times I am sure you are one very happy customer. Congrats on the mods.
__________________
Ir0nM4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:29 AM   #31
Fr3e4gent
 
Fr3e4gent's Avatar
 
Drives: 1LT, Very First LLT Supercharged v6
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by MINI HLK View Post
ok, first wouldnt you want 18" rims for less rotational mass. You can purchase 18's on the rear that are 10.5" wide. Wondering if IPF can tune the LLT or do they outsource for that.
Nice car great times I am sure you are one very happy customer. Congrats on the mods.
Yes 18s are better I guess because of their diameter and ability to move faster but I have always wanted 20s. The 20s wont make that much change and the rims I am getting are very light.

What do you mean by "Wondering if IPF can tune the LLT or do they outsource for that. " IPF does their own tuning.

Yes I am extremely happy and fortunate.
__________________
MRT 2.0, Hotchkis Suspension Springs, SS Rotors, SS Brembos, Braided Brake Lines, 20inch SS Rims, Nitto Invos, IPF Supercharger
Fr3e4gent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:52 AM   #32
Ir0nM4n


 
Ir0nM4n's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 1LE
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Washington
Posts: 2,538
Ah, ok I thought Trifecta were the only ones for the LLT. Yea I am still deciding on 20" or 18" though I am leaning on 18". The TSW's nurbugring's are pretty light, the 20x9.5 is 18.5 lbs, and the 20x10.5 is 18lbs. Ugh decisions decisions.

Thank you for the reply, again nice car!
__________________
Ir0nM4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:12 AM   #33
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by MINI HLK View Post
Ah, ok I thought Trifecta were the only ones for the LLT. Yea I am still deciding on 20" or 18" though I am leaning on 18". The TSW's nurbugring's are pretty light, the 20x9.5 is 18.5 lbs, and the 20x10.5 is 18lbs. Ugh decisions decisions.

Thank you for the reply, again nice car!
Nurburgrings... you are looking more at 23 to 24 pounds..

Others here:

http://www.tsw.com/alloy_wheels_nurburgring.php

BTW... LOVE MINE!

scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:12 AM   #34
Mach

 
Mach's Avatar
 
Drives: White M6 1LT RS
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,676
^^^^^No burnouts.. WHAT???
__________________
Pfadt Sway Bars - FE3 Suspension - Barton Shifter - IdealG's Clutch Master Cylinder - Trifecta - Vmax TB - Vararam Intake - MACE 25mm Insulator - Plenum Insulator - Ported/Gasket Matched Intake Manifold - Rx Catchcan - AAC DRL's - 4 Pack Aux Gauges - Steering Controls - AAC Afterburners - DIY Led Sidemarkers - ZL1 Front End

Next mod: Done!
Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:50 PM   #35
KMPrenger


 
KMPrenger's Avatar
 
Drives: 16 SS Camaro, 06 Colorado
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jefferson City, Missouri
Posts: 12,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr3e4gent View Post
Yes 18s are better I guess because of their diameter and ability to move faster but I have always wanted 20s. The 20s wont make that much change and the rims I am getting are very light.

What do you mean by "Wondering if IPF can tune the LLT or do they outsource for that. " IPF does their own tuning.

Yes I am extremely happy and fortunate.
I think he meant maybe for drag racing, the smaller rear with more rubber and sidewall is better (as I'm sure you also know), but for looks, I'm with you on the 20s.
__________________
2016 Camaro 1SS - 8-speed - NPP - Black bowties
2010 Camaro 1LT V6 (Sold. I will miss her!)
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:13 PM   #36
Fr3e4gent
 
Fr3e4gent's Avatar
 
Drives: 1LT, Very First LLT Supercharged v6
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by MINI HLK View Post
Ah, ok I thought Trifecta were the only ones for the LLT. Yea I am still deciding on 20" or 18" though I am leaning on 18". The TSW's nurbugring's are pretty light, the 20x9.5 is 18.5 lbs, and the 20x10.5 is 18lbs. Ugh decisions decisions.

Thank you for the reply, again nice car!
I am going to love my 20s with staggered fitment and Nitto 555s
__________________
MRT 2.0, Hotchkis Suspension Springs, SS Rotors, SS Brembos, Braided Brake Lines, 20inch SS Rims, Nitto Invos, IPF Supercharger
Fr3e4gent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:34 PM   #37
Ir0nM4n


 
Ir0nM4n's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 1LE
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Washington
Posts: 2,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Nurburgrings... you are looking more at 23 to 24 pounds..

Others here:

http://www.tsw.com/alloy_wheels_nurburgring.php

BTW... LOVE MINE!

Very nice wheels!!! I stand corrected . I will be going with 18 for all around. I will be saving 3 lbs per rim on the rear. Going from 20 X 10.5 (24.45lbs) to 18 X 10.5 (21.25lbs). Sorry I shouldnt high jack this thread. I will create another thread for rim discussion. Thank you for the replies though.
__________________
Ir0nM4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:34 PM   #38
Fr3e4gent
 
Fr3e4gent's Avatar
 
Drives: 1LT, Very First LLT Supercharged v6
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 154
Anyway, watched my camaro on the dyno today. The LLT v6 was at 267rwhp stock and it did 392rwhp on its first run today. Its pushing only 6psi. I think this was better than Gretchen's TT 6psi, where it did 350rwhp. Photos will be up today and videos within the week.
__________________
MRT 2.0, Hotchkis Suspension Springs, SS Rotors, SS Brembos, Braided Brake Lines, 20inch SS Rims, Nitto Invos, IPF Supercharger
Fr3e4gent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:32 PM   #39
lscamaro


 
lscamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 10,310
No offense whatsoever, but Gretchen now has a lot of upgrades since that run. Gretchen is running top of the line turbos with all the supporting pieces to boot. Also, have you run it at the track yet? That's what im interested in. I believe gretchen ran a 12 at 3 psi with traction problems. I really want to see what a supercharger can do but at the moment, turbos seem to be the way to get the best power.
__________________

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:56 PM   #40
JohnZ
 
JohnZ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT V6
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: California
Posts: 420
267 rwhp stock? that's amazing
__________________
Injen CAI, V-Max Throttle Body, Rx 25mm Iceolator, Rx 10mm Plenum Spacer, Mace Ported Manifold, ARK N-II Catback, Trifecta Tune, Rx Catch Can.

BMR Bushing Inserts,Pedders Radius Rod Inserts, Pfadt Sway Bars and Endlinks, LSR Front Subframe Brace

SS Brembo Brakes, Racing Brake Stainless Lines
JohnZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:34 PM   #41
Fr3e4gent
 
Fr3e4gent's Avatar
 
Drives: 1LT, Very First LLT Supercharged v6
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
No offense whatsoever, but Gretchen now has a lot of upgrades since that run. Gretchen is running top of the line turbos with all the supporting pieces to boot. Also, have you run it at the track yet? That's what im interested in. I believe gretchen ran a 12 at 3 psi with traction problems. I really want to see what a supercharger can do but at the moment, turbos seem to be the way to get the best power.
Im not mad or offended whatsoever, Gretchen has a lot more stuff than me yes but at that time he still had more than me. My car did better than his with less things. Only a supercharger of 6psi, No HO fuel pump or injectors, just an advance tune. I could probably run 12 if I upgraded my car a little more but I am just saying. Supercharger is keeping up with you Gretchen and I have less aftermarket parts.
__________________
MRT 2.0, Hotchkis Suspension Springs, SS Rotors, SS Brembos, Braided Brake Lines, 20inch SS Rims, Nitto Invos, IPF Supercharger
Fr3e4gent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:54 PM   #42
Ir0nM4n


 
Ir0nM4n's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 1LE
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Washington
Posts: 2,538
What was the torq number on the dyno.
__________________
Ir0nM4n is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.