Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Rick@Livernois
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Forced Induction - V6 V6 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Old 05-02-2012, 02:22 AM   #51
kenkartasasmita
COTW [4/23/12]

Drives: Camaro Of The Week.
i thought it was supposed to be somewhere above 350rwhp.

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession

2010 Camaro V6 1LT | Kooks Catback Exhaust + MBRP exhaust tips | TF3 Stripes | GM Transformers Emblem and Door Sill | Stillen splitter | GMX rear diffuser | K&N CAI | Pulstar iridium spark plugs. | Gm High Wing Spoiler | BBK LT Headers | BMR 4 Point Strut Bar | BMR 1" Lowering Springs | ZL1 Side Skirt | Black Ice-olator | Trifecta Tune |

My Build Thread
kenkartasasmita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:03 AM   #52
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: `12 LFX/`11 EB F-150/`13 Sonic RS
Yeah, we were the first Twin Turbo setup and built it in less than a week. We simply ran out of time on the dyno while tuning it. I don't put a whole lot of stock in dyno numbers as something absolute, they are more of a guide to see if you are making gains and a tool to help with tuning. That's why I'm not too worried about what I actually make to the wheels...I just want it to be fast. There's a lot more to being fast than just a lot of HP. You have to be able to put the power to the ground and not spin. If you see our first videos at the track we spun through first and most of second.

Also, not bashing you, but PT_Killa was the first supercharged LLT. All the designs I've seen have pretty much followed his original design. I'm not suggesting they copied him, but I do think he deserves some credit for what he did.
Build Thread

Last edited by GretchenGotGrowl; 05-02-2012 at 07:26 AM.
GretchenGotGrowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:12 AM   #53
Macrackie

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS Stripper model
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr3e4gent View Post
Last time I took my car to the track it was when I had a cold air intake. However, my camaro is more powerful than the LFX SC from IPF and that did 13.0. So I know for a fact it will be within the 12s somewhere.

We will see what I do when I get the required items to race.
"Required items to race"?
Run it stock on the track. Thats going to be the best way to prove that car. By stock I mean oem tires, wheels, suspension etc... I know what mine does without mods and would like to see only the super charger install on the track. Only thing required for the track then is a helmet.
Macrackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:17 AM   #54
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Yeah, we were the first Twin Turbo setup and built it in less than a week. We simply ran out of time on the dyno while tuning it. I don't put a whole lot of stock in dyno numbers as something absolute, they are more of a guide to see if you are making gains and a tool to help with tuning. That's why I'm not too worried about what I actually make to the wheels...I just want it to be fast. There's a lot more to being fast than just a lot of HP. You have to be able to put the power to the ground and not spin. If you see our first videos at the track we spun through first and most of second.

This!

Dynos are a tool... there is a huge variation between different dynos and comparing two different cars on different dynos is really just very loose estimates... To truly get a better feel for things I would rather compare timeslips, taking into consideration the DA...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:00 AM   #55
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2011 1LT M6 TT/ NEW 2013 Malibu 1LT
can I jump in on this ! But I'm not!
Old 05-02-2012, 08:06 AM   #56
formare
Suspension by Pedders

Drives: Synergy Edition 13.71@102 1.95 60'
OP - Awsome news!!! Thanks for posting.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:41 AM   #57
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Actually, isn't pt_killa a turbo build? I do know smokes1lt was finished before this one and that one is indeed a supercharger.

And not trying to sound negative but assuming you'll get better times is never a good thing. If the red ipf supercharged car was driven by someone who knew how to run it, chances are they'll get better times since they know how to drive it.

Also, you have a non-rs car so that's not going to help. With a supercharger, the power comes on as soon as you stomp on it. Not like a turbo where it kicks in at over 4000 rpm. If you still have the bf goodrich tires on, good luck.... I spin my tires through first and all I have is an intake and exhaust. With the torque you have, you'll have a heard time keeping them from spinning and launching will be tough too.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:49 AM   #58
GretchenGotGrowl

PT_Killa has a turbo now, but his first build was a supercharger.
Build Thread
Old 05-02-2012, 08:58 AM   #59
lscamaro

Ah wasn't aware of that, sorry.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:37 AM   #60
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2011 1LT M6 TT/ NEW 2013 Malibu 1LT
SC will never beat the brute force of the turbo's when spooling up. And the top end power on the SC kits aren't to great. It goes from all out power to a steady incline of power. Also you can't compare a SC 6psi's to a turbo's 6psi's. If you do please go back to the books because there is no comparison. Either the tune or the car itself is malfunctioning or not set up right on the turbo car. And this is compared using the same type of car. I ran 382rwhp on a bad tune, no Meth, and at 3psi's on my kit. if I was at 6psi's with a good tune OOooo boy lol. O and I signed up like 3 months ago for grudge match's at CFIII for anyone that wants to run.

And I'm glad the IPF kit is finally done, but everyone that wants to go FI has alot of supporting mods. And this will drive many away as they won't tune for modded C5's. If you compare the IPF kit to any similar SC kit and the other kits tune supports mods. That kit will most likely out power IPF but not by much. The key thing here is not many go FI when the rest of the motor is stock.

Ok my rant is over I said I wasn't going to get in this lol!
Old 05-02-2012, 09:38 AM   #61
GretchenGotGrowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Ah wasn't aware of that, sorry.
No problem, most people don't remember that. Again, I think he deserves some recognition for what he's done on both the SC and Turbo front.
Build Thread
Old 05-02-2012, 09:48 AM   #62
hunterv6
Always bet on Black

Drives: 2011 turbo LS, 2012 f 150,
ipf supercharger against twins turbos i think i can make the fest after all.
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283263</font>
hunterv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:05 AM   #63
smoke1lt

Drives: 2011 1lt/rs/sim
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterv6 View Post
ipf supercharger against twins turbos i think i can make the fest after all.
How about IPF SC against RX PERFORMANCE SC,I will line mine up against a IPF car
Old 05-02-2012, 10:18 AM   #64
lscamaro

I would pay to see that..... But since I can't go, if it does happen, someone please have a camcorder there!!!

Old 05-02-2012, 10:32 AM   #65
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
All about that Smoke!!

And Gretchen on 5-6 PSI ran a low 12 sec 1/4 mile. Gretchens dyno #'s will be lower than a standard due to the drivetrain loss of a auto vs manual...and gretchen has a stall converter.
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:17 AM   #66
KMPrenger

Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrackie View Post
"Required items to race"?
Run it stock on the track. Thats going to be the best way to prove that car. By stock I mean oem tires, wheels, suspension etc... I know what mine does without mods and would like to see only the super charger install on the track. Only thing required for the track then is a helmet.
I like this idea as well. Yes I know that a proper track setup includes drag radials, and proper suspension setup, and nobody in their right mind that is a serious drag racer does it on power alone.

That said, the other IPF car that ran a 13 flat did it on stock tires and suspension and so that was pretty cool. I'd guess with DRs, a 12.8 or lower should be pretty doable. If the LLT IPF powered car is even more powerful, then perhaps mid 12s is doable.

Quote:
Also, you have a non-rs car so that's not going to help. With a supercharger, the power comes on as soon as you stomp on it. Not like a turbo where it kicks in at over 4000 rpm. If you still have the bf goodrich tires on, good luck.... I spin my tires through first and all I have is an intake and exhaust. With the torque you have, you'll have a heard time keeping them from spinning and launching will be tough too.
It depends on the type of supercharger. A centrifugal SC doesn't have quite the same amount of instant low end TQ that say a screw type SC would have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke1lt View Post
How about IPF SC against RX PERFORMANCE SC,I will line mine up against a IPF car
DO IT!! lol. (really wouldn't matter to me who wins...it just sounds like fun)
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:26 AM   #67
hunterv6
Always bet on Black

Drives: 2011 turbo LS, 2012 f 150,
Quote:
that will work too.
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283263</font>
hunterv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:46 PM   #68
SDCamaro10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RJT
Quote:
DOOO ITTT!
Old 05-02-2012, 01:42 PM   #69
Fr3e4gent

Drives: 1LT, Very First LLT Supercharged v6
Quote:
What items do you still need to race? I really hope to see a track day vid! It's exciting to see all these builds.

I love superchargers and their ease of maintenance but i agree with prenger. Turbos are the kings of making power. Just look at cjt's sts setup. Over 400 to the wheels I believe?

Oh and yea, gretchen didn't have any aftermarket injectors or fuel pump, it was just the turbos. Now, his car is something else lol
I need a Snell Certified helmet and a fire coat.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:44 PM   #70
Fr3e4gent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Also, not bashing you, but PT_Killa was the first supercharged LLT. All the designs I've seen have pretty much followed his original design. I'm not suggesting they copied him, but I do think he deserves some credit for what he did.
Fair enough. But I mean from IPF
Old 05-02-2012, 01:50 PM   #71
Fr3e4gent

Quote:
And not trying to sound negative but assuming you'll get better times is never a good thing. If the red ipf supercharged car was driven by someone who knew how to run it, chances are they'll get better times since they know how to drive it.

Yes he would do better than me and I will admit that. Thats why practice makes perfect or somewhat close to it. My SC kicks in around 3000RPM, it doesnt come on as soon as I stomp it. Non-RS isnt going to help... ?? Ok now you sound like your crying wolf. It might be harder than usual with the spinning of tires but I can figure out after some more time and actually a chance to get to the track...
Old 05-02-2012, 03:08 PM   #72
kenkartasasmita
COTW [4/23/12]

Drives: Camaro Of The Week.
Quote:
Fair enough. But I mean from IPF
What else do u need? I got everything or race equipments, from racing suit, long sleeve, long joh, head cover, gloves and bell helmets all fire proof and FIA required. Send me a ticket to ur place and i'll test it. Lol

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession

2010 Camaro V6 1LT | Kooks Catback Exhaust + MBRP exhaust tips | TF3 Stripes | GM Transformers Emblem and Door Sill | Stillen splitter | GMX rear diffuser | K&N CAI | Pulstar iridium spark plugs. | Gm High Wing Spoiler | BBK LT Headers | BMR 4 Point Strut Bar | BMR 1" Lowering Springs | ZL1 Side Skirt | Black Ice-olator | Trifecta Tune |

My Build Thread
kenkartasasmita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:43 PM   #73
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
I need a Snell Certified helmet and a fire coat.
Both items are relatively cheap... fire jacket isn't required until 11.49...
Old 05-02-2012, 03:48 PM   #74
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Actually, isn't pt_killa a turbo build? I do know smokes1lt was finished before this one and that one is indeed a supercharger.

Not true in this case... here we are talking about a centrifugal supercharger NOT a positive displacement supercharger... HUGE difference!!! A centrifugal makes max boost at max RPM! Boost comes gradually and linearly as the RPMs climb!

Don't know what kind of turbo you've driven by my twins kick in well before 4,000 RPM!! My max torque is BEFORE 3,000 RPM!!!

Old 05-02-2012, 04:30 PM   #75
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
I want ecoboost
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote