Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Exterior Parts & Accessories

View our official forum sponsors list.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2012, 08:26 AM   #43
Jonathan@AACstyle.com

 
Jonathan@AACstyle.com's Avatar
 
Drives: www.CamaroLighting.com
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 3,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96_2010_CAMARO View Post
Can i wire the the h11 led bulb to the sidemarkers or it will cause an overload to the circuit like the regular bulb ???

I don't want to buy a harness :(
You can tap the bulb into your side marker wires and it will not cause any issues. The LED bulbs pull much less power than the halogen lights so you will be fine.
Jonathan@AACstyle.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:13 AM   #44
AACstyle

 
AACstyle's Avatar
 
Drives: www.CamaroLighting.com
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 6,966
Bump for Remys ZL1
AACstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:25 PM   #45
mlee
Charter Circle Member
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 27,934
I had some P13s from you guys already that I had in my SS. Now I need the fogs now also.

My question is the old P13's sort of have a purple tint and don't "exactly" match, so I think I'm going to order this complete set and fix all that. I just want to make sure I'm not going to get the same purple tint again.

Also I didn't seem to have any trouble with fitament on the 2012 ZL1 like some reported in the other thread.

Ready to order just making sure before I do...
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:22 PM   #46
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12
 
Deke736's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray ZL1
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Glen Carbon, IL
Posts: 3,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I had some P13s from you guys already that I had in my SS. Now I need the fogs now also.

My question is the old P13's sort of have a purple tint and don't "exactly" match, so I think I'm going to order this complete set and fix all that. I just want to make sure I'm not going to get the same purple tint again.

Also I didn't seem to have any trouble with fitament on the 2012 ZL1 like some reported in the other thread.

Ready to order just making sure before I do...
You've got to let me know how this works out. I wish mine was a little closer match as well. I have also considered going to HID's to get an exact color match, but they are really expensive.
__________________
Deke736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:04 PM   #47
mlee
Charter Circle Member
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 27,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deke736 View Post
You've got to let me know how this works out. I wish mine was a little closer match as well. I have also considered going to HID's to get an exact color match, but they are really expensive.
Will do..

Here's where I'm at right now...

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 356
Size:  35.2 KB

The good news is I have the FieldGoal00 harness and a switch inside that I can turn my DRLs on or off anytime day/night. Just like the fogs.

I don't run my DRLs at the same time as the fogs until I get them matched. I also prefer just halos on in the day and nothing else.
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:52 AM   #48
AACstyle

 
AACstyle's Avatar
 
Drives: www.CamaroLighting.com
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 6,966
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I had some P13s from you guys already that I had in my SS. Now I need the fogs now also.

My question is the old P13's sort of have a purple tint and don't "exactly" match, so I think I'm going to order this complete set and fix all that. I just want to make sure I'm not going to get the same purple tint again.

Also I didn't seem to have any trouble with fitament on the 2012 ZL1 like some reported in the other thread.

Ready to order just making sure before I do...
The 6W Plasma bulbs have a closer match to the factory HID than previous P13 bulbs we have offered. You are still trying to compare 2 completely different light sources, HID and LED where the light is produced in 2 completely different manners so it will never match exactly.
AACstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:53 AM   #49
leonardo
SoCal HT5 [COTW 11/24/13]
 
leonardo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS / Ducati 1198s
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Orange County
Posts: 3,861
.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I had some P13s from you guys already that I had in my SS. Now I need the fogs now also.

My question is the old P13's sort of have a purple tint and don't "exactly" match, so I think I'm going to order this complete set and fix all that. I just want to make sure I'm not going to get the same purple tint again.

Also I didn't seem to have any trouble with fitament on the 2012 ZL1 like some reported in the other thread.

Ready to order just making sure before I do...
not to worry these new bulbs match the headlights if not 100% then 99.9% so you are good to go my friend the smaller fog lights however do give off a more blueish color but as far as the DRL's they are near identical to the headlights and halos
Attached Images
 
__________________
leonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:12 PM   #50
mlee
Charter Circle Member
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 27,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by AACstyle View Post
The 6W Plasma bulbs have a closer match to the factory HID than previous P13 bulbs we have offered. You are still trying to compare 2 completely different light sources, HID and LED where the light is produced in 2 completely different manners so it will never match exactly.
Great... Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardo View Post
not to worry these new bulbs match the headlights if not 100% then 99.9% so you are good to go my friend the smaller fog lights however do give off a more blueish color but as far as the DRL's they are near identical to the headlights and halos
So maybe I'd come off OK with just the Fogs... then if not replace the DRLs again...

Thanks for the pic... shows it very well...
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 01:31 AM   #51
RoketRdr
 
RoketRdr's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Duramax; 2012 CTS-V Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 387
You guys list two different P13W's on your site. Which ones are illustrated here in this thread and what's the difference between the two?
RoketRdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 12:22 AM   #52
Korrosion
 
Korrosion's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 camaro rs summit white
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 213
whats the price of just the H11's?
Korrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:42 AM   #53
AACstyle

 
AACstyle's Avatar
 
Drives: www.CamaroLighting.com
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 6,966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korrosion View Post
whats the price of just the H11's?
They are $69 a pair, if you email me justin@aacstyle.com I can send you an invoice for just the H11 bulbs.
AACstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:10 AM   #54
Jonathan@AACstyle.com

 
Jonathan@AACstyle.com's Avatar
 
Drives: www.CamaroLighting.com
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 3,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoketRdr View Post
You guys list two different P13W's on your site. Which ones are illustrated here in this thread and what's the difference between the two?
We are using the 6W Cree LED P13W bulbs for this package.



Jonathan@AACstyle.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:52 AM   #55
leonardo
SoCal HT5 [COTW 11/24/13]
 
leonardo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS / Ducati 1198s
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Orange County
Posts: 3,861
.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Thanks for the pic... shows it very well...
anytime
__________________
leonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:22 PM   #56
Korrosion
 
Korrosion's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 camaro rs summit white
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 213
Order placed
Korrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
drl, fog, hid, led, zl1

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.