Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

sjm autoprod
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Off-topic Discussions Discuss any off-topic subjects with other members.

Old 05-01-2012, 11:34 AM   #1
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
Chicago Nato Summit - might want to leave by May 18

If you do enough research on your own, you will find out these things have happened in Chicago recently:

1) April 12, 2012: Blackhawk helicopters flying very low in Chicago in some places, street level. Residents were caught off guard and freaked out by this.
2) Milwaukee Red Cross told to prep for Chicago Evacuation during NATO
3) April 20, 2012: Some residents told to leave Chicago during NATO summit
4) April 27, 2012: Chicago Hospitals prepare for NATO Summit Attack, Perform radioactive Dirty Bomb Response Drills

Homeland security is worried that Americans are going to be rioting in the streets, and there will be a civil unrest. The truth is NO ONE CARES about that Nato Summit meeting. No one gives a flying F--- about that.

Therefore, if they are doing all these preparations, and even calling on other cities, asking the Red Cross to prepare "temporary shelter" because they are expecting evacuees, they must be worried about something way, way worse than people outside rioting.

They are not preparing for "riots".

Peace out
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:39 AM   #2
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
your average person doesn't care. but there are people nationwide that are planning on converging in Chicago to protest. Hopefully it won't be violent. But when you get a big crowd, gang mentality rules. It takes just one act of violence to start a riot.

oh and regarding the dirty bomb stuff... homegrown terrorist or not, security forces need to prepare for some sort of fundamentalist trying to take advantage of the situation. It's preparatory actions like this that have been thwarting terrorist threat after threat worldwide. I'd be more worried if they didn't have a plan in place for a possible terrorist attack.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:45 AM   #3
steveo9043

Drives: 2012 45th AE 2SS Coupe
I am avoiding the city like a plague for the nato meeting. I do IT work for a dialysis company who has a few facilities in the city and I have already told my boss I am not going down there for anything.

A lot of residential buildings have been told to get out. If they stay they are told to stay in and not try to leave also not to have any guest over. There will be armed off duty police officers as security at those residential buildings and will not allow anyone in who doesnt live there.
steveo9043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:46 AM   #4
christianmotox

Drives: ( . )( . )
Whats NATO?

Old 05-01-2012, 11:52 AM   #5
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Some people tend to behave badly in an organized manner at these events.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:50 PM   #6
OffseT
AkA Maroboy2001

Drives: Success
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo9043 View Post
A lot of residential buildings have been told to get out. If they stay they are told to stay in and not try to leave also not to have any guest over. There will be armed off duty police officers as security at those residential buildings and will not allow anyone in who doesnt live there.
^This
Lol they never said,"Leave the city". lol
They just don't want a lot of traffic in and out of the building, so unless people want to be considered having suspicious activity they recommend finding somewhere else to live for that period of time.
But there aren't only going to be downtown, they are going to the south side of Chicago and close off all the surround streets for their little tour.
smh
Old 05-01-2012, 01:27 PM   #7
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Choppers flying street level height in Chicago?