Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ModBargains
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 05-09-2009, 05:46 AM   #1
Haloman1346
Banned

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
A question for you dealers..

I ordered my Camaro back in November. I told my dealer that he would get phone calls every 2 weeks starting March 16 from me asking about the status of the car.

April came and I found out my dealer left the company to take care of his brother. The owner picked up my order and told me that he would take care of it. I then told him that I would call every 2 weeks and ask for updates, which he had no problem with.

Last time I spoke to my dealer was 4/21/09 and he informed me I was at code 4B00.

I know hes the owner of the dealership so when I do call him, I get his secretary and I just ask if he can return my call whenever he is free.

I called him last Monday and didnt get a call back. Waited Tuesday and still nothing. I called Wednesday and gave the exact same message. "Have him call me when he has time in regards to any new information about my car." No call Wednesday. Thursday passed and nothing. So I again called friday morning around 0930 hours and I'm still waiting on my call.

I know he runs the place and something may have come up, but do you think its too much to keep calling? I was thinking calling Monday, but I dont want to piss the guy off, considering the fact that he selling my the car at sticker. The last thing I want to do is upset him in anyway where he sells my car to somebody else or slaps a hefty "supply and demand" fee on the car.

And I also dont want to go to one of his employees, I just think thats disrespectful.

Could it be possible for me to call another dealer and give him my order number? Would it show up that somebody else has checked it if I do go that route? I just want some info without pissing my dealer off.

And please dont give me the advice of: "You're the customer, he needs to retunr your phone calls."

This guy, even if he is the owner, makes me feel like I am his only customer.

I'm just starting to get nervous. Maybe its there and he's getting the stripes on? Maybe he sold it to somebody? Maybe the car fell off the truck in transit? Who knows. But me without my 2 week update is making me worry way to much.

Just here to vent and hopefully get some sort of input. Thanks in advance.
Haloman1346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 05:54 AM   #2
VenomHP

Drives: Fleet of em
Did you specify that you would call him and want to talk to him personally and not one of his salesman? He might of thought that you would call back and just talk to one of the people. I would not keep calling him, I know he has more than enough to do running the dealership and keeping everyone employed. IMO I think his intentions were right but he is a busy guy, to be more respectful it may help to just show up and talk to him in person. That way you can just say you were right around the corner or whatever and theres not as much of an option not to call you back
VenomHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:05 AM   #3
NotAnInsider

Drives: just sold it. Feet!
Maybe he is waiting until there is news to relay to you. Hi might not feel like explaining to you that its still at 4B, sitting in Ontario.
NotAnInsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:17 AM   #4
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar

Drives: Depends on the day...
2 weeks @ 4B00 is pretty standard actually, it's a QC thing. I would wait another week and then try to call again. If you can't do that, call the store and just speak with a sales manager and ask him to check it for you. The dealer principal has a lot on their plates and he shouldn't be upset that you talked to someone else at the store (actually h might be relieved). I would wait until Moday or Tuesday though.
Old 05-09-2009, 04:58 PM   #5
JAMIEB
Inventory Manager

Drives: 2004 2500HD SILVERADO
4B00 Means you car is built and it is QC thing before shipment.Your dealer would have been invoiced at 4150 this is prior to 4B00.Call your dealer ask them to check the in-transit date on the factory invoice and this will tell you very close if not exactly when your car will arrive at the dealership.The railyards have a 3 day window to get it to the dealership based on the in-transit date on the factory invoice.
JAMIEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 05:01 PM   #6
babyjulie83
driving! Thanks GM !!!

Drives: 2SS Camaro in ABM!!!
maybe he's on vacation and hasn't been in the office to call you back.

Everything is better in a Camaro.......puts a smile on my face everyday.....
babyjulie83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 05:07 PM   #7
2010SSRS

Drives: 2000 Silverado
dude..........he sold it.........................

$5k over MSRP to boot!

VR 2SSRS LS3 - Borla, SLP CAI
2010SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 05:13 PM   #8
RallyFever

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIEB View Post
4B00 Means you car is built and it is QC thing before shipment.Your dealer would have been invoiced at 4150 this is prior to 4B00.Call your dealer ask them to check the in-transit date on the factory invoice and this will tell you very close if not exactly when your car will arrive at the dealership.The railyards have a 3 day window to get it to the dealership based on the in-transit date on the factory invoice.
Yeah, right!!

My EXP I/T was a week ago and I'm being told late next week before delivery.

More like 12 day window!!

PICKED UP ON 5/12/09

RallyFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 05:32 PM   #9
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 72 GTO 07 NBS Silverado
Maybe he's in meetings with GM and they want to close him?
Old 05-09-2009, 05:41 PM   #10
ThreeNineNine
2G1FB1EV6A9107522

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro
Send a message via AIM to ThreeNineNine Send a message via MSN to ThreeNineNine
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyjulie83 View Post
maybe he's on vacation and hasn't been in the office to call you back.
^That would be my guess.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:03 PM   #11
NotAnInsider

Drives: just sold it. Feet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIEB View Post
Are you kidding me? It's invoiced when it's invoiced. Period. It most certainly does NOT have to happen before 4B. Many vehicles arrive to dealers without yet being invoiced. Aside from that, as was previously noted, a 3 day window is an insane idea. Most GM orders (not just Camaros) don't make it to the owning dealer until after exp I/T
NotAnInsider is offline   Reply With Quote