Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Nickey Chicago
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Off-topic Discussions Discuss any off-topic subjects with other members.

Old 05-01-2012, 07:56 PM   #1
uniqueskillz

Drives: ETMC built 700+hp Twin Turbo LS3
Need help shipping my car

Has anybody shipped a car on a transport before. I’m looking for a good shipping company. I just want my camaro to show up in one piece with no scratches in a timely fashion...
uniqueskillz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:59 PM   #2
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
I helped my girlfriend ship her miata. You'll definitely want to get a covered carrier.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:10 PM   #3
Ivas
el Ruco

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS (now runnin' TENS )
You know, I too would like to learn something about shipping my Camaro. I'm gonna' retire to France sooner or later, and the car oughta' come along. How's it done from the Best Coast to Europe? all the way by ship from Long Beach? or does it ride a train to the Atlantic Coast and then hop a freighter? Also, 'bout how much is that gonna' set me back?
Ivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:25 PM   #4
uniqueskillz

Drives: ETMC built 700+hp Twin Turbo LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
I helped my girlfriend ship her miata. You'll definitely want to get a covered carrier.
Yeah i want the enclosed container but Im trying to cut cost a little. I can use that money for mods when the car arrives.... do u remember what shipping company you used?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivas View Post
You know, I too would like to learn something about shipping my Camaro. I'm gonna' retire to France sooner or later, and the car oughta' come along. How's it done from the Best Coast to Europe? all the way by ship from Long Beach? or does it ride a train to the Atlantic Coast and then hop a freighter? Also, 'bout how much is that gonna' set me back?
More then likely you'll have to take it to the nearest port and ship it by boat. At least thats how the military does it when we go oversees and bring our cars.
uniqueskillz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:13 PM   #5
mastertypodemon
Late Night Crew

Drives: 2010 SIM 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by uniqueskillz View Post
More then likely you'll have to take it to the nearest port and ship it by boat. At least thats how the military does it when we go oversees and bring our cars.
I've seen how the military ships cars.

mastertypodemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:19 PM   #6
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by uniqueskillz View Post
Yeah i want the enclosed container but Im trying to cut cost a little. I can use that money for mods when the car arrives.... do u remember what shipping company you used?

No sorry. I must have gotten quotes from like 10 companies. Just google car shipping quote - that's what I did. It cost her $600 to go from Erie PA to Elizabeth Town KY
Old 05-01-2012, 10:36 PM   #7
nukemustang

Drives: 2011 SIM 1SS/RS Vert, 14 Raptor
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastertypodemon View Post
I've seen how the military ships cars.

I did that, it didn't turn out too well. It was free though Had really small rust spots all over it from a helo kicking up the steel non-skid from the flight deck and the salt air environment. I used a clay bar on it and it took them all off, but I still find an occasional spot now and then.
2011 Silver Ice Metallic 1SS/RS+ Convertible. Completed modifications so far: installed factory HUD, deleted AFM/DOD, Dynatech LT coated headers with high flow cats, Solo Cat back exhaust, CAI inc. intake, Vmax ported TB, SIM quarter flares/splash guards, steering wheel radio controls, PDIM iPod interface in center console, RX catch can, JRE cold air scoop, windshield washer bottle relocation.
nukemustang is offline   Reply With Quote