Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Kraft Werks
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:34 PM   #1
Angelsilhouette

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS, Red Jewel
Reversing Sensors

I've taken it to the dealer several times, but they never find anything wrong with them. Don't get me wrong, it does go off to let me know things are behind me.

It will go off at low curbs, it will go off if the surface over which I am reversing changes from tarmac to concrete, it will go off at items at an oblique angle to my rear bumper, it will go off at small shrubs lower than my bumper, it will go off at weeds poking up through cracks in the concrete.

It will not go off when I am backing up towards cars or trees, though, so I have learned not to trust the sensor and am wondering about installing a camera.

Has anyone else had any issues with the reversing sensors?

Angelsilhouette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:39 PM   #2
Breesy

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT
mine senses the curbs from pretty far away...but it does seem to wait until I'm right up next to a car or tree before beeping. I was wondering about this also.
Breesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:55 PM   #3
Angelsilhouette

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS, Red Jewel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breesy View Post
mine senses the curbs from pretty far away...but it does seem to wait until I'm right up next to a car or tree before beeping. I was wondering about this also.
Yeah. The only warning I get before a tree is (Mind you, this is backing up so slowly that my speedo doesn't register): nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, beepbeepbeepbeepbeep*BUMP*.

And backing into my driveway, absolutely sure I was clear and not going to hit my other car: *Crunch* beepbeepbeepbeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

And yet, an errant leaf, traffic cone or change in surface paving makes it go nuts.

Angelsilhouette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:48 PM   #4
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Angel, could you direct message me some details on this? I'd like to take a look into this for you. Hopefully we can get this resolved for you, and I can do the same for you as well Breesy. I hope to hear from you soon and I'm terribly sorry about this inconvenience.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:01 PM   #5
Envious
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Twin Turbo Synergy RS Coupe
Does anyone know if the backup camera system can be purchased through GMSPO? I looked at a 2012 today and it said on the OEM window sticker "dealer installed."
Envious is offline   Reply With Quote