Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
SMGSS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge


View Poll Results: Who will win the Fight?
Pacquiao 10 58.82%
Mayweather 7 41.18%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2015, 10:34 PM   #1
rjdapilmoto
DAP-ONE [COTW - 12/23/13]
 
rjdapilmoto's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 - 2SS/RS IOM
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 2,826
Pacquiao vs. Mayweather - May 2nd

After Years of debates and failures at the negotiating table, both fighters have FINALLY agreed and signed to fight on May 2, 2015!

This is IT! This is definitely huge for both fighters and for the Philippine Nation.

LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Images
 
rjdapilmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 10:49 PM   #2
Tcnj80
 
Drives: Black Jeep srt8, IOM 2013 2ss/rs.
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 98
It's lost it's luster a bit, but people will watch it myself included. Mayweather is long overdue for a solid beating, how anyone could root for him is mind boggling.
Tcnj80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 11:15 PM   #3
rjdapilmoto
DAP-ONE [COTW - 12/23/13]
 
rjdapilmoto's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 - 2SS/RS IOM
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 2,826
Agreed. It's lost the luster only because this fight should have happened 5 years ago, but the fact that it is going to happen now is good enough for me.

Mayweather is an overwhelming 71% odds to win the fight. I prefer Manny being an underdog, but at the end of the day, both fighters will have to bring their game faces to the ring and strap it on.
rjdapilmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 12:09 AM   #4
DevilsReject97
Shadowboxin
 
DevilsReject97's Avatar
 
Drives: Toxic SS - 2011 SGM M6 LS3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Greenwood, Indiana
Posts: 1,285
Truthfully, I think had Mayweather chosen this fight sooner, he might have won it... but I think Pacquiao is just too much for Mayweather at this point. Most of the fighters don't have Mayweather's stamina, but Pacquiao does. More importantly, Pacquiao can hit, and hit, and hit hard while doing it.

Mayweather is a very good fighter, but a vast majority of his fights have been guys who were never going to hurt him or guys past their prime. He has had a few good fights where he fought decent guys...but all in all... he's a lot like Roy Jones Jr.... avoiding the very best until they weren't...
__________________


DevilsReject97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 10:27 PM   #5
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime
 
Steve Dallas's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 Stingray Z51 NPP MRC, AudiQ53.0T
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 8,839
I will likely be going to the fight. I've followed boxing over the years, however I've never attended a fight.

My girlfriend, however, is the daughter of one of the more famous boxers in history...so I've been following it a lot more closely over the last 3 years.
__________________
2014 LBT Stingray Z51, Mag Ride, Perf Exhst, Comp Seats
I fire up the willing engine, responding with a roar. Tires spitting gravel I commit my weekly crime.
Steve Dallas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 10:34 PM   #6
2010SLVRBULIT


 
2010SLVRBULIT's Avatar
 
Drives: G5 & C6
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: MARS
Posts: 7,374
Should've happened 5 yrs ago(drawn billion$), now they're both worn and slower. Expect it to last all rounds. Thinking this might be Manny's last fight.
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 07:48 AM   #7
PoorMansCamaro



 
PoorMansCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: Really Slow
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 54,942
I'll be rooting for mayweather.
__________________
PoorMansCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 09:29 AM   #8
rjdapilmoto
DAP-ONE [COTW - 12/23/13]
 
rjdapilmoto's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 - 2SS/RS IOM
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 2,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
Truthfully, I think had Mayweather chosen this fight sooner, he might have won it... but I think Pacquiao is just too much for Mayweather at this point. Most of the fighters don't have Mayweather's stamina, but Pacquiao does. More importantly, Pacquiao can hit, and hit, and hit hard while doing it.

Mayweather is a very good fighter, but a vast majority of his fights have been guys who were never going to hurt him or guys past their prime. He has had a few good fights where he fought decent guys...but all in all... he's a lot like Roy Jones Jr.... avoiding the very best until they weren't...
Both fighters are no longer in their prime. Manny hasn't knocked anyone out since 2009 and Money May hasn't had a KO since 2011. I do expect a helluva fight and there's a possibility that one or both fighters will hit the canvas at least once during the fight. It should be great!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
I will likely be going to the fight. I've followed boxing over the years, however I've never attended a fight.

My girlfriend, however, is the daughter of one of the more famous boxers in history...so I've been following it a lot more closely over the last 3 years.
My brothers and I want to go to this fight very badly, but at $5000 a pop, I don't see that happening in this lifetime. LOL It'll be Pay-per-View for me. Enjoy the fight!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SLVRBULIT View Post
Should've happened 5 yrs ago(drawn billion$), now they're both worn and slower. Expect it to last all rounds. Thinking this might be Manny's last fight.
Agreed, but at least it is finally going to happen. Unless one of these guys gets injured during training or some unforseen sickness hits one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
I'll be rooting for mayweather.
I'll be cheering for Manny Pacquiao.
rjdapilmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 10:34 AM   #9
DevilsReject97
Shadowboxin
 
DevilsReject97's Avatar
 
Drives: Toxic SS - 2011 SGM M6 LS3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Greenwood, Indiana
Posts: 1,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjdapilmoto View Post
Both fighters are no longer in their prime. Manny hasn't knocked anyone out since 2009 and Money May hasn't had a KO since 2011. I do expect a helluva fight and there's a possibility that one or both fighters will hit the canvas at least once during the fight. It should be great!!
However, we have seen Mayweather struggle badly against any fighter who could actually hit him... Cotto however got him good early on in their fight, but just couldnt keep it up..again stamina issues...

Manny doesnt have to really try to run to keep up with Floyd...so this will be a fight where Floyd will actually have to do more than just be defensive...
__________________


DevilsReject97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 10:41 AM   #10
rjdapilmoto
DAP-ONE [COTW - 12/23/13]
 
rjdapilmoto's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 - 2SS/RS IOM
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 2,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
However, we have seen Mayweather struggle badly against any fighter who could actually hit him... Cotto however got him good early on in their fight, but just couldnt keep it up..again stamina issues...

Manny doesnt have to really try to run to keep up with Floyd...so this will be a fight where Floyd will actually have to do more than just be defensive...
On Manny's part, he needs to watch out for the counter shots, because his aggressiveness can get him into trouble at times. That's how he ended up getting his ass kicked by Marquez in that 3rd matchup. I'm still stung from that one, but it was all Manny's fault for leaving himself open for that shot. I'm sure Freddie will be going over this a lot.

Manny won't run for sure. He will go toe-to-toe...
rjdapilmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 09:07 PM   #11
Dmpsix
 
Dmpsix's Avatar
 
Drives: Black Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 623
Mayweather wins this fight in my opinion.

Pacquiao just isn't the same fighter anymore, some people say he's become smarter after the Marquez knockout loss, but Roach said all his KO power came at 142. Mayweather is going to have them fight at 147... no way he moves back down.

I don't think Pacquiao even knocks Floyd down at this point. I'm sure he'll land a solid couple of hits on him... come to think about it, the last person who really tested Mayweather's chin was Mosley back in 2010.

They're most likely going to fight with big, heavy gloves and have Kenny Bayless as the ref. That means a slow paced fight and lots of Kenny Bayless interfering with fight the entire time.

Mayweather wins this fight by decision, I feel like Pacquiao will be simply outboxed... he's not that lethal fighter anymore that would've won against Floyd. I think in the later rounds it becomes so one sided, people are going to say the fight was fixed and Pac was just in it for the money.
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 10:41 PM   #12
camarosspower

 
camarosspower's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Port Arthur, Tx
Posts: 927
I'm rooting and putting my money on pacman. Any body that wants to go the fight can forget about ring side tickets. They are suppose to be 100k and they are all reserved before going on sale. Lol ppv for me. Mayweather needs a whooping that's the main reason that people will watch. If pacman can't do it no one else can't either. Well maybe GGG.
camarosspower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 11:32 PM   #13
Tcnj80
 
Drives: Black Jeep srt8, IOM 2013 2ss/rs.
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarosspower View Post
I'm rooting and putting my money on pacman. Any body that wants to go the fight can forget about ring side tickets. They are suppose to be 100k and they are all reserved before going on sale. Lol ppv for me. Mayweather needs a whooping that's the main reason that people will watch. If pacman can't do it no one else can't either. Well maybe GGG.
GGG is too flat footed, floyd would make him look like a fool. Pac of 08-12 would have knocked out floyd there is no doubt in my mind about that, too many very hard punches coming from so many angles at once floyd's great defense would not have been able to deal with that.
Tcnj80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 11:54 PM   #14
camarosspower

 
camarosspower's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Port Arthur, Tx
Posts: 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcnj80 View Post
GGG is too flat footed, floyd would make him look like a fool. Pac of 08-12 would have knocked out floyd there is no doubt in my mind about that, too many very hard punches coming from so many angles at once floyd's great defense would not have been able to deal with that.
If you seen his fight against Murray he is flat footed but puts extreme pressure on the opponent. That being said I think that's the way PAC should fight him but without getting careless like in Marquez4. I also think pacquiao would've knocked him out back in the day. Now I'm not so sure but he should give him a beating like Judah was doing to Mayweather in the first half of their fight
camarosspower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 11:10 AM   #15
rjdapilmoto
DAP-ONE [COTW - 12/23/13]
 
rjdapilmoto's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 - 2SS/RS IOM
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 2,826
Looks like I'll be watching this fight on PPV. Tickets were just way out of my league!! Now, the wait to see how much they jack up the price for PPV. Either way, I am watching this fight! This will be their one and only match up.
rjdapilmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 04:59 PM   #16
camarosspower

 
camarosspower's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Port Arthur, Tx
Posts: 927
Man I thought way more people were interested in this fight. I know I am
camarosspower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 05:01 PM   #17
snarky
ultracrepidarianism
 
snarky's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '14 Accord Sport
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: where folks drive like shit
Posts: 711
Floyd's 38 and Manny is 36 so I don't really care who wins as long as it isn't a dinosaur dance around to a draw.
__________________

parked on memory lane: 71 Corvette LT-1, 80 Buick Regal Turbo, 82 Corvette, 82 Camaro Z/28, 82 Cadillac Coupe DeVille, 84 Mercedes 190E, 85 Toyota Tacoma, 85 Fiero, 86 Fiero GT, 89 5.0 Mustang vert, 92 Jeep Wrangler, 98 Jeep Wrangler, 98 Saturn SL2, 99 Chevy Suburban, 2001 custom Chevy Silverado, three Yamahas
snarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 05:12 PM   #18
Black Market Racing
 
Black Market Racing's Avatar
 
Drives: ZL1
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: United States
Posts: 196
Mayweather gets so much flack for being "scared" to fight pacman. Personally, i think hes a genius. With all the hype that has surrounded these two over the years, all hes done is make probably double or triple of what he would have made if he agreed to the fight years ago when they were in their prime. I would be willing to bet that this was his plan all along, and it worked pretty perfectly. Hes gonna have a HUGE payday.

Oh, and i think Mayweather wins and retires in the ring after.
Black Market Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 10:20 PM   #19
Tcnj80
 
Drives: Black Jeep srt8, IOM 2013 2ss/rs.
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Market Racing View Post
Mayweather gets so much flack for being "scared" to fight pacman. Personally, i think hes a genius. With all the hype that has surrounded these two over the years, all hes done is make probably double or triple of what he would have made if he agreed to the fight years ago when they were in their prime. I would be willing to bet that this was his plan all along, and it worked pretty perfectly. Hes gonna have a HUGE payday.

Oh, and i think Mayweather wins and retires in the ring after.
Mayweather is a sleeze ball hood booger, your speaking with admiration for him.......he's been a black eye on the sport. Hopefully Kenny Bayless is not the ref so they can actually fight, Pacquiao needs to cut the ring off and unload on that piece of garbage.
Tcnj80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 10:27 PM   #20
rjdapilmoto
DAP-ONE [COTW - 12/23/13]
 
rjdapilmoto's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 - 2SS/RS IOM
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 2,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarosspower View Post
Man I thought way more people were interested in this fight. I know I am
You and me both! I think there will still be a lot of people checking out this fight. It's been way overdue and should have happened at least 5 years ago, but it is what it is. Let's Go, Manny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarky View Post
Floyd's 38 and Manny is 36 so I don't really care who wins as long as it isn't a dinosaur dance around to a draw.
I can tell you now, that Money will be dancing and trying to just counter. Manny is the Underdog and will be fueled. Don't Mess with a fired up Pinoy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Market Racing View Post
Mayweather gets so much flack for being "scared" to fight pacman. Personally, i think hes a genius. With all the hype that has surrounded these two over the years, all hes done is make probably double or triple of what he would have made if he agreed to the fight years ago when they were in their prime. I would be willing to bet that this was his plan all along, and it worked pretty perfectly. Hes gonna have a HUGE payday.

Oh, and i think Mayweather wins and retires in the ring after.
I don't think he's afraid of Pac-Man, but I think he KNOWS that he stands to lose more on his Legacy if he loses this match. He's already guaranteed to make possibly the richest payout in boxing history, so in that sense, he is a Genius.

I stand on the other side of line. YES, I am biased, but Pacquiao comes out with fire and wins this in a Split Decision. (Money will hit the canvas at least one time in this Match).
rjdapilmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 11:41 PM   #21
Dmpsix
 
Dmpsix's Avatar
 
Drives: Black Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Market Racing View Post
Mayweather gets so much flack for being "scared" to fight pacman. Personally, i think hes a genius. With all the hype that has surrounded these two over the years, all hes done is make probably double or triple of what he would have made if he agreed to the fight years ago when they were in their prime. I would be willing to bet that this was his plan all along, and it worked pretty perfectly. Hes gonna have a HUGE payday.

Oh, and i think Mayweather wins and retires in the ring after.
I too think Mayweather wins this fight.

However I don't think him stalling the fight for more money was his plan.
Truth of the matter is that before Pacquiao took his first knockout loss, he looked absolutely untouchable... he was a God in the ring, moving up from light welterweight to welterweight and knocking people out in the process.

After he ended Ricky Hatton's career in the 2nd right of their fight and after destroying Miguel Cotto to an absolutely BRUTAL stoppage. The planet Earth demanded to see Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao.

But talks stalled for so long and people got tired of it, as it stands right now, Mayweather is the CLEAR favorite to win and for good reason, Pacquiao lost a lot of that fire he had from 2011 and before.

Back then, Pacquiao would have been the favorite, if not then it would have been an even 50/50 for whoever would've won the fight.

They could have gotten away with charging a minimum of $150 for Pay Per View, and people would've bought it 4-5 years ago. Now? $99 isn't a bad stretch, but I feel that Floyd and Manny would have made a lot more.

Keep in mind though, besides a stupid amount of Floyd's excuses for not making the fight happen, if that fight were somehow MADE to happen... it would have been a 50/50 split down the middle for the purse, Floyd wasn't having that.

So maybe now that Manny has less bargaining room and he needs Floyd more than Floyd needs him at this point, Floyd will stand to make more than Pacquiao of course... that's without question.

Back then? Nah, they would have both walked away with the same amount of money that night, win or lose.
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 06:57 AM   #22
rjdapilmoto
DAP-ONE [COTW - 12/23/13]
 
rjdapilmoto's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 - 2SS/RS IOM
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 2,826
Just 3 more days...
rjdapilmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 11:50 PM   #23
PoorMansCamaro



 
PoorMansCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: Really Slow
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 54,942
48-0
__________________
PoorMansCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 12:21 AM   #24
krisprz2010camaross
SoCal HT5
 
krisprz2010camaross's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss/Rs Transformers,L99
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Yorba Linda, California
Posts: 841
Mayweather ftw! I respect Manny but I still Floyd can pull this off.
__________________
YouTube: BlackandyellowCamaro
Vararam intake(tune model)
Kooks long tube headers & cats delete
Corsa Zl1 black tipped catback exhaust
Dyno Tune
Jet chip mass air flow sensor
Billet oil catch can
Taylor racing spark plug wires
1le strut tower brace-TPIS spacers
BBK 102mm throttle body
Fast lsxr 102 intake manifold
Slp 25% underdrive pulley
Granatelli brake rotors(slotted/dimpled)
BMR
Front & rear sway bars
1inch springs
Driveshaft tunnel brace
Upper control arm bushings
Adjustable trailing arms
Adjustable toe rods
krisprz2010camaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 06:19 AM   #25
camarosspower

 
camarosspower's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Port Arthur, Tx
Posts: 927
47-1. Run floyd
camarosspower is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.