Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

autoguy
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 05-09-2009, 03:10 PM   #1
Tim Adams

Drives: 2010 IOM 1LTRS
Very frustrated

Well I sit here with my GMS number in hand ready to order a Camaro. It seems all the Chicago area dealers are either out of allocated cars, or will not even think about GMS pricing, or both. I guess I'll sit here and twiddle my thumbs. I simply will not pay a penny over GMS for this car, I don't care how hot it is, or how much I want it.

For a company on the brink of survival, they seem to be working very hard, to NOT sell cars.

I have a lead on a dealer in Detroit, but have heard nothing yet.
Old 05-09-2009, 03:14 PM   #2
gtjacket
2G1FT1EW0A9118618

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Black/IOM M6
You should PM CamaroScotty
3400, Order broadcast 6/4
3800, Order produced 6/15
4000, Available to ship 6/16
4104, Bailment Invoice
4200, Shipped 6/19
6000, Delivered to the customer 6/25

2SS/RS BLK M6 GFX IOM interior
gtjacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 03:15 PM   #3
Tim Adams

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtjacket View Post
You should PM CamaroScotty
I have, no response.
Old 05-09-2009, 03:20 PM   #4
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Adams View Post
For a company on the brink of survival, they seem to be working very hard, to NOT sell cars.
ShnOmac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 03:24 PM   #5
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
GM is not your problem. The dealers are. They have the choice to accept GMS or not.

For the first time in years, these dealers finally have a product that will sell itself without having massive incentives along side it. They are going to sell as many as they can for the most possible while they can. If you want GMS, then you are just going to have to be stubborn and wait it out until these cars finally start stacking up on their lots.

Best of luck finding a dealership nearby that will sell to you at GMS and still has the allocations available to do so. You'll probably be able to find a dealer that will do the deal but you are probably going to have to expand your search area out pretty far from Chicago.

#1: 2010 1LT/RS Victory Red M6 - July 2009-Oct 2011 (SOLD). #2: 2011 2SS/RS Synergy Green A6 - Oct 2011.....
rolnslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 03:27 PM   #6
JJ2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
If you play you have got to pay or wait and play another day.....
JJ2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 03:43 PM   #7
John Farnen

Drives: 1969 RSSS Convertable
There are many dealers selling at msrp, find one. May take a little longer, but if you can wait a couple more months, they will get there, and you will save a few thousand. Mine will not sell above msrp, but 30 min down the road, a clone to mine is 5K over, another 100 miles and they sold one for 15K over, have a yellow 2SS RS Manual like mine coming in a few weeks, 15K over. Is a few montjhs worth 5 -15K? No!!!
John Farnen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 03:55 PM   #8
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Check out Dugan Chevrolet. Here is a link to the thread:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20235
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:01 PM   #9
espo19047

Drives: Impala
Send a message via AIM to espo19047
Quote:
Well I sit here with my GMS number in hand ready to order a Camaro. It seems all the Chicago area dealers are either out of allocated cars, or will not even think about GMS pricing, or both. I guess I'll sit here and twiddle my thumbs. I simply will not pay a penny over GMS for this car, I don't care how hot it is, or how much I want it.

You will have to wait a little while. How can you fault the dealers for getting msrp when they can? Someone else will gladly pay right now. So they are selling cars which is good for you and the Company you work for. Your time will come.
espo19047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:20 PM   #10
Khrono

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro SS
Send a message via Yahoo to Khrono
Quote:

Go to Bredemann Chevrolet. They still may have allocations left. Ask for Victor, tell him Karl sent you, hes a great guy. I got the first allocation and I ordered in Feb 10, plus they sold it to me for MSRP. Good Luck

Ordered: 2/10/2009
Delivered: 5/20/2009

VIN# 2G1FS1EW7A9107621
Khrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:51 PM   #11
Tim Adams

Well Dugan Chevrolet said they will place the order Tuesday, lets see what happens.

Thanks for the tip.
Old 05-09-2009, 05:28 PM   #12
2010SSRS

Drives: 2000 Silverado
as stated in a pm to Tim.........my dealer took my order and it made 3000 as promised within 5 days (only cuz i ordered on a wednesday).

if i woulda order 1 day earlier..............it woulda hit 3000 a week earlier.

luckily, my dealer wasn't lying! he says my TPW, by his calculations, should be 3rd or 4th week this month!

he told me he has several May build allocations left if anyones interested. i mean, if you can go 3000 within a couple days of ordering...........why not!

oh....MSRP and GMS too!

call John Weber at 586.274.0375, tell him Wes sent ya! he's in MI.

VR 2SSRS LS3 - Borla, SLP CAI
2010SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 08:17 AM   #13
RPO F55

Drives: 2005 C6 Corvette
Quote:

Give me a break. GMS or any of the company discounts are a privilege, not a right. You cannot be seriously upset that dealers in non-employee areas are hesitant to greatly reduce their profit by giving a GMS discount on a car with this much demand right now. Come on! Used to be GM never allowed us GMS on a new model for 6 months to a year into production - be happy this is even an eligible model off the bat. You really need to lose the self-centeredness and use some common business sense.
RPO F55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 09:00 AM   #14
Tim Adams

Common sense tells me that a company on the verge of not existing anymore, needs to sell every damn car it can, and not generate any negative press.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:42 AM   #15
Stevo

Drives: Camaro 2010 SIM
Stop all this talk about common sense! Now GM has been doing this for a 100 years so they know what they are doing ... business as usual...
Stevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 09:47 AM   #16
Silver Streak

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
Stop all this talk about common sense! Now GM has been doing this for a 100 years so they know what they are doing ... business as usual...

"The future is in the windshield, not the rear-view mirror!"

"If you haven't gone a 175 mph on land, you haven't lived! That's just a fact!" - Ricky Bobby
Silver Streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 02:19 PM   #17
Rockies4

Drives: PT Cruiser 02
Hey Tim, you're new to this wait game.

However, you need to read some of the past posts on the explaination of everything.

Once you become informed, then you'll understand everything. Don't jump to conclusions about GM.

You sound like an educated person to me, so start reading and researching everything, and then you'll understand the entire situation.
Rockies4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 09:19 PM   #18
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
Common sense tells me that a company on the verge of not existing anymore, needs to sell every damn car it can, and not generate any negative press.
AGAIN, GM DOESN"T TELL THE DEALER WHAT TO SELL THE CAR AT, IF TO ACCEPT GMS OR NOT, TO SELL ABOVE MSRP. THAT IS ALL THE DEALER, WHICH IS NOT GM ALL GM SETS IS THE MSRP, THE DEALER TAKES IT FROM THERE IF THEY WANT TO SELL IT FOR LESS OR MORE, THAT ARE NOT GM
2SS/RS 400RWHP, Hurst Shifter, Vararam Tune model,SLP Loudmouth axle back, Pedders Camaro Pace Car Kit &, EP7323, PDUSACAM2800, EP1167, ZL1 Calipers, CTS-V rotors, ZL1 Wheels, GTO clutch resevoir, Pedders Camber plates.
Back Street Performance has done a great job with ALL my Performance & Suspension mods, highly recommend them (Rich@BSP) he's in my friends list.
TLSTWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 09:17 AM   #19
2010SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPO F55 View Post
Give me a break. GMS or any of the company discounts are a privilege, not a right. You cannot be seriously upset that dealers in non-employee areas are hesitant to greatly reduce their profit by giving a GMS discount on a car with this much demand right now. Come on! Used to be GM never allowed us GMS on a new model for 6 months to a year into production - be happy this is even an eligible model off the bat. You really need to lose the self-centeredness and use some common business sense.
uhhhh, i'm with Tim......just because you guys don't qualify, don't get all pissy!

just because some of you are MSRP or over, doesn't mean the rest of us have to do it.

i will agree with the fact that GM never used to allow this so early.....but they are. therefor why pay more? hell if i couldn't find a dealer offering GMS, i'd wait 6 months!

Old 05-11-2009, 09:19 AM   #20
2010SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSTWIN View Post
AGAIN, GM DOESN"T TELL THE DEALER WHAT TO SELL THE CAR AT, IF TO ACCEPT GMS OR NOT, TO SELL ABOVE MSRP. THAT IS ALL THE DEALER, WHICH IS NOT GM ALL GM SETS IS THE MSRP, THE DEALER TAKES IT FROM THERE IF THEY WANT TO SELL IT FOR LESS OR MORE, THAT ARE NOT GM
perhaps this will change with the renegotiations concerning the dealers that will manage to stay open?

Old 05-11-2009, 10:32 AM   #21
DDustiNN

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Send a message via Skype™ to DDustiNN
Quote:

Well, if you need to get rid of that GMS number, I would gladly take it off your hands

I mean, if you're looking to "stick it to 'em" or anything...
Old 05-11-2009, 11:09 AM   #22
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRS View Post
perhaps this will change with the renegotiations concerning the dealers that will manage to stay open?
Nope, it is State and Federal LAWS More Government intrusion
2SS/RS 400RWHP, Hurst Shifter, Vararam Tune model,SLP Loudmouth axle back, Pedders Camaro Pace Car Kit &, EP7323, PDUSACAM2800, EP1167, ZL1 Calipers, CTS-V rotors, ZL1 Wheels, GTO clutch resevoir, Pedders Camber plates.
Back Street Performance has done a great job with ALL my Performance & Suspension mods, highly recommend them (Rich@BSP) he's in my friends list.
TLSTWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 12:18 PM   #23
marcgo2
It's a Traveshamockery!!

Drives: '09 G8 GT Stryker Blue
I'm sick of GM always getting blamed for these problems. GM does not run dealerships, they can't tell them what to do, how much to charge that's why the 'S' in MSRP stands for Suggested.

If a dealer can get 5k over MSRP why would they sell it for invoice. It's capatalism, and sometimes it sucks, get over it. Dealers are not working for the betterment of mankind, they are there to make a profit.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:48 PM   #24
Pdogg985

Drives: 2G1FK1EJ1A9102175
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcgo2 View Post
I'm sick of GM always getting blamed for these problems. GM does not run dealerships, they can't tell them what to do, how much to charge that's why the 'S' in MSRP stands for Suggested.

If a dealer can get 5k over MSRP why would they sell it for invoice. It's capatalism, and sometimes it sucks, get over it. Dealers are not working for the betterment of mankind, they are there to make a profit.
I'm a long time lurker and I generally don't post about other people's comments, but I've been seeing this a lot lately all over the forums and it is quite misguided.

I've driven GM cars all my life and I'm more loyal to GM than most other people out there, but the dealers are part of GM. If there are complaints about dealers, it should be fixed by GM.

Though you may believe in capitalism for the car companies, I would counter with an argument of the government bailouts. If we were truly capitalistic GM would have gone under late last year with no help from our tax dollars. (Note- I don't want to see this happen).

I'm sure I'm going to get flamed along with many other people on these forums that do not share the majority opinion on the thread, but before I get ridiculed know that I have ordered my car back in Oct. '08 with VIN 2175 and have been waiting patiently for it to arrive since. I have also been tracking the car's progress since early '07.
Old 05-11-2009, 01:37 PM   #25
marcgo2
It's a Traveshamockery!!

Drives: '09 G8 GT Stryker Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdogg985 View Post
I'm a long time lurker and I generally don't post about other people's comments, but I've been seeing this a lot lately all over the forums and it is quite misguided.

I've driven GM cars all my life and I'm more loyal to GM than most other people out there, but the dealers are part of GM. If there are complaints about dealers, it should be fixed by GM.

Though you may believe in capitalism for the car companies, I would counter with an argument of the government bailouts. If we were truly capitalistic GM would have gone under late last year with no help from our tax dollars. (Note- I don't want to see this happen).

I'm sure I'm going to get flamed along with many other people on these forums that do not share the majority opinion on the thread, but before I get ridiculed know that I have ordered my car back in Oct. '08 with VIN 2175 and have been waiting patiently for it to arrive since. I have also been tracking the car's progress since early '07.
I think we agree more than we disagree. Dealers are part of GM, no doubt, and the image and customer service dealers provide get reflected to GM as a whole.

But GM has thousands of dealers, that will be reduced soon, and GM cannot manage the day to day operations of all these dealers. Not too mention the dire times GM is going through now. I think a lot of people here forget that GM is more than the Camaro and pre-order process.

You're right that if it was truly capatalism GM and Chrysler would have been gone last December probabaly. But Dealers are franchises and seperate business entities from GM, and to my knowledge no GM dealership has received bailout money.

GM should address people's complaints with Dealers, but complaints don't mean the dealership did anything legally or contractually wrong, even if they are acting unscrupulously.