Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 05-03-2012, 08:37 AM   #1
camarolover911

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS
CEL On

So i have a 2010 camaro RS and I put an Airaide intake on it and flowmaster exhaust. Everything was fine and then it began to sputter and throw p0300 and p0301 (misfires). It stopped for a while (6 months). Now it started again and I changed my mass flow to a jet mass flow and put hypertech programming on it. It started doing the same codes as before except every single time I drove the car to the point where I had to park it. Also, it had p062b which is ENGINE CONTROL MODULE (ECM) INTERNAL CIRCUIT MALFUNCTION. I have no idea what to do with it because there are so many things it could be. So far I have resealed my intake to make sure there are no air leaks. Also, I went ahead and tried disconnecting my battery for the 3 hours, but as soon as 100 miles passed it threw the p062b code again. The only thing I can think of thats left is injectors, O2 sensors, AFE sensor, and plugs. Anyone encountered this problem yet and know how to fix it? So far Chevy has been absolutely worthless when I took it in. So far they have told me "We see the codes it threw but we don't know why". After some advice i took out the aftermarket mass flow and replaced it with the factory mass flow and for a little it acted fine then it started throwing the same codes again. I'm about to give up so any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!
camarolover911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:43 AM   #2
Brian52682

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
Take it to the dealer, tell them to fix it and you don't want it until it's fixed. They will call in someone from Detroit if need be. This is not something you should concern yourself with in my opinion. Get it DOCUMENTED!
Brian52682 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:04 AM   #3
TooCool5
Resident Gearhead

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian52682 View Post
Take it to the dealer, tell them to fix it and you don't want it until it's fixed. They will call in someone from Detroit if need be. This is not something you should concern yourself with in my opinion. Get it DOCUMENTED!
He has a tune which voids warranty.
Sounds like the direct injection dirty intake valve issue some of us have.
There is also a re-flash for misfires on 2010's.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:38 AM   #4
strych9
Nice rear end!

Drives: Not a Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarolover911 View Post
p062b which is ENGINE CONTROL MODULE (ECM) INTERNAL CIRCUIT MALFUNCTION.
That is internal to the ECM. Either the programming is bad, or the ECM has failed. Nothing else will generate this code. Sadly, it's likely that the ECM has failed, and as mentioned above, programming voided the warranty on it.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:33 PM   #5
SmokeJ

Drives: 2010 IOM 2LT RS Auto
Send a message via Skype™ to SmokeJ
Hey there,

i already posted in another thread (which is pretty much the same thing) a couple days ago. i have the same issue with my car, however its completely stock, no mods whatsoever... i had that problem already october last year. took it to the dealership and after like two weeks they replaced a injector (because it was also throwing p0301 and p0300 codes) but it didnt help a lot, because the problem is back again and seems even worse now. however this time around its only the p062b code.

anyone know what else it could be if its not the ecm?
GIGGITY!
SmokeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:34 AM   #6
TooCool5
Resident Gearhead

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeJ View Post
Hey there,

i already posted in another thread (which is pretty much the same thing) a couple days ago. i have the same issue with my car, however its completely stock, no mods whatsoever... i had that problem already october last year. took it to the dealership and after like two weeks they replaced a injector (because it was also throwing p0301 and p0300 codes) but it didnt help a lot, because the problem is back again and seems even worse now. however this time around its only the p062b code.

anyone know what else it could be if its not the ecm?
There is a re-flash bulletin for this, they took the sticky off.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:21 PM   #7
SmokeJ

Drives: 2010 IOM 2LT RS Auto
Send a message via Skype™ to SmokeJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooCool5 View Post
There is a re-flash bulletin for this, they took the sticky off.
Hey TooCool,

I just went through all the bulletins for my car with the mechanic at the dealership and there was nothing like the one you're describing, can you please send me the forum-link on that one?

Also, its a weird kind of error: Even tho the engine is clearly misfiring constantly it doesnt show any on the computer in the 'misfire count' programme of the dealer and ignition timing ranges from 27.5 to -5!

Still we cant figure out what the problem is, since once u reset the error codes, misfiring stops and the engine runs so smooth u could put a open beer bottle on top...

so i'm like: and the dealer is like:

thx in advance for any more help one that case!
GIGGITY!
SmokeJ is offline   Reply With Quote