Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Transmission / Driveline

Transmission / Driveline Shifters, differentials, gears, rearends, clutch

View our official forum sponsors list.

View Poll Results: Are you interested ?
Yes, interested 390 71.82%
Maybe 103 18.97%
Not Interested 50 9.21%
Voters: 543. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-01-2013, 07:57 AM   #1101
montreal2010yellow

Drives: 2 LT/RS YELLOW, AUTO., VIN NO. 602
2010-11 have no stuffing in the paddles and connects same as OEM plasctic ones. No lag or delay with this model.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:23 PM   #1102
horizon670

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT / RS / Auto
The delay is directly related to the TCM (Transmission Control Module) Tune. It has nothing to do with the Paddles.

If you install a custom Transmission tune, you can firm up your gear changes and makes it more responsive. Almost or I should say a little closer to SMG (On BMWs) or PDK (Porsche's double clutch) Transmissions.

The ZL1 does have a new feature on it's 6L90 that opens or engages the next gear when it senses that you will up or downshift...

I had my previous Camaro tuned by Chuck Cow at Corvettes of Westchester, NY. He did an amazing job. He was able to custom tune the Transmission to exactly what I wanted... rev-matching or throttle-up when downshifting... fmoderately firmer gear changes than stock....

Now I can't wait to do the same thing on this one especially with the new Paddles !
Old 03-02-2013, 12:28 AM   #1103
vthokiefan
Stealthy SS

Drives: 2011 CGM 2SS/RS w Black Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by horizon670 View Post
The delay is directly related to the TCM (Transmission Control Module) Tune. It has nothing to do with the Paddles.

If you install a custom Transmission tune, you can firm up your gear changes and makes it more responsive. Almost or I should say a little closer to SMG (On BMWs) or PDK (Porsche's double clutch) Transmissions.

The ZL1 does have a new feature on it's 6L90 that opens or engages the next gear when it senses that you will up or downshift...

I had my previous Camaro tuned by Chuck Cow at Corvettes of Westchester, NY. He did an amazing job. He was able to custom tune the Transmission to exactly what I wanted... rev-matching or throttle-up when downshifting... fmoderately firmer gear changes than stock....

Now I can't wait to do the same thing on this one especially with the new Paddles !
Not sure if this was meant to be a reply to my post , but I was not referring to the action of the transmission. Just commenting on possible ways to improve the fitment of the paddles for 2010-2011 models. Still a good product.
3M Clear Bra, GM Strong MAF, Borla S-Type Axle-back, RX Catch Can, Pedders: Xa Coilovers, Sub-Frame / Radius Rod Inserts, BMR: Front & Rear sway bars / End links & RLCA plates, Defenderworx black bowties
vthokiefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:58 AM   #1104
horizon670

Quote:
Originally Posted by vthokiefan View Post
I agree completely. Got mine installed and love them. One thing is that you have to get used to a new hand position cause I found myself almost accidentally tapping the shifter when I was just trying to shift my hand position... not an issue with the design... more of a personal problem

One thing is that mine seem to have a little play/slop in them. It doesn't affect their functionality at all though. I do have two suggestions Ahmed if you ever update the design: 1) The stock buttons have a soft foam to help soak up any play... Possibly add some open cell foam inside the new paddles to help with this, and 2) the electronics board of the tapshift seems to have 2 posts that stick out (kinda look like electrical spade connectors) to act possibly as a backstop with the stock buttons?... however it appears the aluminum piece that snaps in is deeper than the plastic stock piece, contributing to this extra play in the paddles. Essentially it would keep the post that actuates the tap shift more firmly in contact with the switch. Just my $0.02. My apologies for being an engineer

Great product at a great price

Thank you vthokiefan, yes we're always looking for ways to improve our product, your comments and suggestions are more than welcome.

On the 2010/11 Yes, we've noticed that some OEM plastic buttons do have that little foam pad and others dont. I personally dont think it makes a big difference. I prefer without because it makes the click more precise, more feedback . I dont want something that will absorb the click.

I've designed the connecting part with this piece on the front exactly like the OEM button (See picture attached) but a little longer to avoid any play. (The play does exist on the OEM plastic buttons but since there are no Paddles that will amplify that small movement, you can't notice.

The 2012+ new Paddles have a pin that holds the Paddles.
Attached Images

Last edited by horizon670; 03-02-2013 at 08:43 AM.
horizon670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:17 AM   #1105
vthokiefan
Stealthy SS

Drives: 2011 CGM 2SS/RS w Black Stripes
Gotcha.
3M Clear Bra, GM Strong MAF, Borla S-Type Axle-back, RX Catch Can, Pedders: Xa Coilovers, Sub-Frame / Radius Rod Inserts, BMR: Front & Rear sway bars / End links & RLCA plates, Defenderworx black bowties
vthokiefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:46 PM   #1106
HelloWorld

Drives: 2013 ZL1 #2046
Just installed mine, very easy even for someone like me who's not very handy.

Love them!
HelloWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:59 AM   #1107
SuperSport2011

Drives: 2011 camaro 2ss/rs rally yellow L99
Thumbs up

Quote:
Thank you vthokiefan, yes we're always looking for ways to improve our product, your comments and suggestions are more than welcome.

On the 2010/11 Yes, we've noticed that some OEM plastic buttons do have that little foam pad and others dont. I personally dont think it makes a big difference. I prefer without because it makes the click more precise, more feedback . I dont want something that will absorb the click.

I've designed the connecting part with this piece on the front exactly like the OEM button (See picture attached) but a little longer to avoid any play. (The play does exist on the OEM plastic buttons but since there are no Paddles that will amplify that small movement, you can't notice.

The 2012+ new Paddles have a pin that holds the Paddles.
I just purchased the paddles and the first thing I thought when I put them on was ''what did I do wrong'' they felt very loose. Personally I think you should make the foam and give the customer the choice. I completely disagree that you think they don't make a big difference, I went out and got some foam for them and they feel much better. They don't feel flimsy and they engage very well. If it wasn't for me finding the foam I would have sent them back.

…and please don't look at this as bashing you got a wonderful product all it needs is the foam so it isn't rattling around.

''Second place is a fancy word for a loser''
SuperSport2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:44 AM   #1108
horizon670

Thank you SuperSport2011 Did your OEM buttons came with any little padding inside ?
I'm trying to see if there is any difference, why some do have them and others dont.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSport2011 View Post
I just purchased the paddles and the first thing I thought when I put them on was ''what did I do wrong'' they felt very loose. Personally I think you should make the foam and give the customer the choice. I completely disagree that you think they don't make a big difference, I went out and got some foam for them and they feel much better. They don't feel flimsy and they engage very well. If it wasn't for me finding the foam I would have sent them back.

…and please don't look at this as bashing you got a wonderful product all it needs is the foam so it isn't rattling around.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:41 PM   #1109
SuperSport2011

Drives: 2011 camaro 2ss/rs rally yellow L99
Quote:
Thank you SuperSport2011 Did your OEM buttons came with any little padding inside ?
I'm trying to see if there is any difference, why some do have them and others dont.
Yes it did, here’s a picture of it. I also included a picture of what I used. I went to the dollar store and bought a shoe sole insert (foam) that's about a 5/16 of an inch thick and that's extremely fluffy and soft. I experimented with a few different materials and I found this one to be most effective, since this foam is so soft it doesn't take away from the feel (click) but at the same time holds it better in place so the paddles don't feel flimsy. When I tried harder foam it held the paddles in place but it took away from the feel and made it feel stiff and didn't get that nice click when you engaged them.

Hope this helps... sorry for the low quality pictures.
Attached Images

''Second place is a fancy word for a loser''
SuperSport2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:20 PM   #1110
horizon670

Thank you SuperSport for your susggestions, it's very kind of you.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:24 PM   #1111
emin7
1st State C5

Drives: 2010 Camaro SIM 2LT/RS
Just ordered my set through PayPal! Can't wait
Old 03-19-2013, 09:05 PM   #1112
horizon670

All orders shipped. Thank you
Old 03-20-2013, 04:13 PM   #1113
camaroblack.

Drives: Camaro 2Lt 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSport2011 View Post

Mine is verry loose too,
Old 03-21-2013, 03:29 PM   #1114
horizon670

camaroblack , did you have any foam padding on your OEM buttons ?
Try using them and place them on the new Paddles. It will make them fit better and wont feel loose anymore.
If you have any questions, send me a PM and I'll assist you. There are many ways to adjust them to the perfect fit.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:47 AM   #1115
camaroblack.

Quote:
camaroblack , did you have any foam padding on your OEM buttons ?
Try using them and place them on the new Paddles. It will make them fit better and wont feel loose anymore.
If you have any questions, send me a PM and I'll assist you. There are many ways to adjust them to the perfect fit.
no foam for me,I surch ,nex week i take care for that.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:29 AM   #1116
montreal2010yellow

Drives: 2 LT/RS YELLOW, AUTO., VIN NO. 602
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroblack. View Post
no foam for me,I surch ,nex week i take care for that.
Salut Mani,,, Mine does'nt have any padding and OEM neither. There is a very little loose but not worth to add padding. I'll check them out with yours when I'll see you this spring. By the way, very nice new mods on your baby.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:57 AM   #1117
RS_Bee

Drives: 2011 2LT Rally Yellow
Still having $75 sale? I'm interested....
RS_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:20 AM   #1118
RS_Bee

Drives: 2011 2LT Rally Yellow
Ordered!
RS_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:41 PM   #1119
camaroblack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal2010yellow View Post
Salut Mani,,, Mine does'nt have any padding and OEM neither. There is a very little loose but not worth to add padding. I'll check them out with yours when I'll see you this spring. By the way, very nice new mods on your baby.
to loose for me and fix that this week.i try to go a few meet this year see you there mister BOB.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:01 PM   #1120
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
Is the $75 sale still going on? I have a 2011. Thanks
3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
GearHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:20 AM   #1121
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
Order placed. Thanks
3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
GearHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:55 PM   #1122
hworth18
Jus' Cruzin

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS Convertible
Got mine today, installed in less than 10 minutes..They are great!! I would have liked to get them for the sale price, but I guess you snooze, you lose..lol
Old 03-29-2013, 11:14 PM   #1123
SIN R G

Drives: 2008 VW R32, 2011 Synergy Green 2SS
Just placed my order for a set for my 2011. I know I will love them, my R32 has the paddles and it is much better than a button.
2SS L99, CAI, Kooks Stainless 1 7/8 headers, Kooks Catted Oem Connection Pipe, MBRP Exhaust, MSD LS1 Superconductor 8.5 mm Wires. NKG Copper Spark Plug Set, Full Dyno Tune. BMR G8Trailing Arms - Hammertone and BMR Rear Toe Rods, GFX, Devils Tail Side Stripes, Side Vent Stripes, Synergy Green Door Panels and SS Grill & Trunk Badges .
SIN R G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:40 PM   #1124
torranosaurus

Drives: 2011 Black RS
So how much are they now for a 2010?
torranosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:56 PM   #1125
horizon670

Quote:
Originally Posted by torranosaurus View Post
So how much are they now for a 2010?