Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2012, 01:23 PM   #1
bigwayne3000

 
Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,447
This should buff out right!?

Luckily my accident last night is only cosmetic, I think this should buff right out...

Soooooo I'm leaving work on my way to Buffalo Wild Wings around 11pm last night. Where I live in NJ we have a few circles where 2 highways meet. The highway coming onto RT 202 which I was on has a yeild coming around but this idiot decides to completely blow thru it when I'm basically right on top of him, pulling out in front of me with no where else to go except right into the back of him. Needless to say I am not happy.
Attached Images
 
bigwayne3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:25 PM   #2
WiSSDiver

 
WiSSDiver's Avatar
 
Drives: 1968 Coupe, 2010 2SS
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: WIsconsin
Posts: 1,243
I'm thinking not... Sorry to hear about this Big Wayne. Hope everything works out
__________________
WiSSDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:26 PM   #3
Tyler360
 
Tyler360's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wittenberg, Wisconsin
Posts: 702
Ouch, hope she gets fixed quickly!
__________________
Tyler360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:26 PM   #4
Todd@Autopia
 
Todd@Autopia's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Mazdaspeed 3
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Orlando/Stuart, FL
Posts: 1,161
Sorry to hear! (and see!)
Todd@Autopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:27 PM   #5
bigwayne3000

 
Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,447
Me too. I hope to use this time to get a different hood and some T2 ports but I'm not sure how the whole claim process works. I'm hoping to be able to just like pay the difference between whatever the stock hood/bumper is and what I want. Not to be a "racisit" or anything but the guy was a fresh off the boat Asian and I don't understand how a whole population of people can be so terrible at driving.
bigwayne3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:30 PM   #6
Ice515
 
Drives: Chevy Camaro 5th Gen 2LS IBM
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 6
Hey insurance says restores to pre-accident condition right?! Good Luck
Ice515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:36 PM   #7
bigwayne3000

 
Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,447
Yes but is it pre accident stock or pre accident aftermarket? I do have a few aftermarket things there that could have gotten f'd up like my K&N, I modded my lights to have HIDs. Still waiting for insurance adjuster to call back with everything. I'm just p'o this even happen. Idk how some people get their licenses..
bigwayne3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:38 PM   #8
bigwayne3000

 
Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,447
MSRP for a stock LS hood I see on GMPartsHouse is close to $900. I'm sure I can find a good aftermarket one for about the same or less.
bigwayne3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:19 PM   #9
Nick@Adams



 
Nick@Adams's Avatar
 
Drives: The shiny ones.
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: In the detail shop!
Posts: 4,773
Ouch! At least you're OK and the damage is cosmetic. Good luck with the fix.
__________________
Email: Nick@AdamsPolishes.com
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter @AdamsPolishes
Use the code CAMARO5 or CORVETTE7 at checkout to save 10% off your next order at www.AdamsPolishes.com
Nick@Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:20 PM   #10
2010 SSRS



 
2010 SSRS's Avatar
 
Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Ocean State
Posts: 123,977
ouch, that definitely sux
__________________
Jannetty Racing JRE Street Package
2010 SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:22 PM   #11
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless
 
Iwantone2's Avatar
 
Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: OC Cali
Posts: 9,731
Try some clay bar on it first, if that doesn't work, step up to Adam's SSHR.

Sorry to see the damage on your car, I hope it all gets fixed really soon!
__________________
Iwantone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:23 PM   #12
xVengeancex28


 
xVengeancex28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 10,533
ouch!.. the dreaded circle on 202 is horrible.. im 10 mins from it so i know.. glad you are ok though
__________________
Click Sig For Graphics Page On Facebook
xVengeancex28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:23 PM   #13
rmpackers
Ride this Chevy
 
rmpackers's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 RJT RS Camaro
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska
Posts: 1,579
And don't forget to use the deep cut buffer pad!
__________________
NFL OWNR I love the smell of new car in the morning!
rmpackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:16 PM   #14
Haole
My K9 partner and me
 
Haole's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 IOM SS
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 1,062
Not to be a "racisit" or anything but the guy was a fresh off the boat Asian and I don't understand how a whole population of people can be so terrible at driving.


Sorry about your accident. You weren't being "racist" what you did was Stereotype a whole ethnicity. I for one find it Insulting (I am white). My wife is of "Asian" ethnicity and had been driving for 30+ years and never been the cause of an accident.
Haole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:38 PM   #15
Kinetic Kev HWSE 2013

 
Kinetic Kev HWSE 2013's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Hot Wheels Special Edition
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Auburn,Mass
Posts: 1,338
Sorry to hear about your accident, It all looks cosmetic but who knows till they pull it apart.
Kinetic Kev HWSE 2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:26 PM   #16
BlackIce1066
Black Ice
 
BlackIce1066's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS Black w/ silver ice stripes
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pueblo,Co.
Posts: 1,509
__________________
BlackIce1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:22 AM   #17
bigwayne3000

 
Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haole View Post
Not to be a "racisit" or anything but the guy was a fresh off the boat Asian and I don't understand how a whole population of people can be so terrible at driving.


Sorry about your accident. You weren't being "racist" what you did was Stereotype a whole ethnicity. I for one find it Insulting (I am white). My wife is of "Asian" ethnicity and had been driving for 30+ years and never been the cause of an accident.
Just because your wife hasn't been the cause of an accident doesn't mean she knows how to drive. Honestly, 99.999999999% of Asians I have come into contact with don't know how to drive. I don't understand how 99% of 1 billion all can't grasp the concept of driving but they can't and it's rather remarkable. Stereortypes are stereotypes for a reason... because they are for the most part, true...
bigwayne3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:16 AM   #18
Haole
My K9 partner and me
 
Haole's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 IOM SS
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 1,062
Shows the intelligence of a Ignorant stupid Ass. All I have to say. And if I get booted from here so be it.
Haole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:37 AM   #19
christianmotox


 
christianmotox's Avatar
 
Drives: ( . )( . )
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 2,722
I understand you being all pissed off about you're accident, any of us would be to. But that's no reason for making those comments.
They are the nicest people.
__________________
christianmotox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:39 AM   #20
Atti2de
Móderator
 
Atti2de's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 1,667
Looks like a good time for zl1 front end, vented fenders and aftermarket hood as for the "racist" comments, on the east coast no one can drive....
__________________
I'm not the one with the Atti2de problem it's everyone else that has a problem with my Atti2de!
Atti2de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:40 AM   #21
Cereus
 
Drives: 2011 Summit White LS
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SFV
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwayne3000 View Post
Just because your wife hasn't been the cause of an accident doesn't mean she knows how to drive. Honestly, 99.999999999% of Asians I have come into contact with don't know how to drive. I don't understand how 99% of 1 billion all can't grasp the concept of driving but they can't and it's rather remarkable. Stereortypes are stereotypes for a reason... because they are for the most part, true...
Well sir, for one thing, you are most definitely a racist for stereotyping an entire race.

But that aside, by your reasoning, since you post your location as New Jersey, and 99% of NJ folks that I've met were very angry and very bad drivers, you too must be a very bad driver. Since you also seem to place quite an importance on stereotypes, and NJ drivers are stereotyped as being among the worst, it must be true. After all, as you say "Stereortypes are stereotypes for a reason... because they are for the most part, true..."

Plus, let's back this up with this small link http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com...-U-S-Live-in-/
which shows that according to US News that you must indeed be among the group of worst drivers in America. Congrats.

Edit:
PS: Here's a funny comment on the US News Site. "I'm military currently stationed in the armpit of America: New Jersey. As someone who is driven in several other states and countries, let me tell you, they are absolutely the worst drivers. I was in Asia before this assignment and they're better drivers than people in New Jersey." Just found it ironic.


Disclaimer: This doesn't truly represent my views on NJ drivers. Just pointing out that the silly OP's reasoning is inherently flawed.
Cereus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:58 AM   #22
Parapdrapa
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianmotox View Post
I understand you being all pissed off about you're accident, any of us would be to. But that's no reason for making those comments.
They are the nicest people.
More stereotyping, in a more friendly manner albeit.

:-)
__________________
2010 SIM 1SS. TSP 229/236, TSP UDP, TSP CAI, TSP t-304 1 7/8 stainless headers, magnaflow 2.5 comp catback.

HP 468 TQ 428
Parapdrapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:57 AM   #23
Matt8892
 
Matt8892's Avatar
 
Drives: White 2002 Saturn L300
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Central Jersey
Posts: 31
Somerville Circle? Ill bet it was te Somerville circle. Its like a mosh pit for cars. I avoid it as much as i can.
Matt8892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:18 AM   #24
xVengeancex28


 
xVengeancex28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 10,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereus View Post
Well sir, for one thing, you are most definitely a racist for stereotyping an entire race.

But that aside, by your reasoning, since you post your location as New Jersey, and 99% of NJ folks that I've met were very angry and very bad drivers, you too must be a very bad driver. Since you also seem to place quite an importance on stereotypes, and NJ drivers are stereotyped as being among the worst, it must be true. After all, as you say "Stereortypes are stereotypes for a reason... because they are for the most part, true..."

Plus, let's back this up with this small link http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com...-U-S-Live-in-/
which shows that according to US News that you must indeed be among the group of worst drivers in America. Congrats.

Edit:
PS: Here's a funny comment on the US News Site. "I'm military currently stationed in the armpit of America: New Jersey. As someone who is driven in several other states and countries, let me tell you, they are absolutely the worst drivers. I was in Asia before this assignment and they're better drivers than people in New Jersey." Just found it ironic.


Disclaimer: This doesn't truly represent my views on NJ drivers. Just pointing out that the silly OP's reasoning is inherently flawed.
Even though Im from NJ, I agree with you 100% that NJ has the WORST. I seriously have no idea how 50% have the right to drive to be honest. Everyone ive encountered has no idea how to stay in lanes without swerving horribly from side to side or paying attention to the cars around them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt8892 View Post
Somerville Circle? Ill bet it was te Somerville circle. Its like a mosh pit for cars. I avoid it as much as i can.
avoiding the Somerville circle at all costs is usually the best thing to do
__________________
Click Sig For Graphics Page On Facebook
xVengeancex28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:07 AM   #25
midnighter
Account Suspended
 
Drives: nothing
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: a hole
Posts: 21,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwayne3000 View Post
Me too. I hope to use this time to get a different hood and some T2 ports but I'm not sure how the whole claim process works. I'm hoping to be able to just like pay the difference between whatever the stock hood/bumper is and what I want. Not to be a "racisit" or anything but the guy was a fresh off the boat Asian and I don't understand how a whole population of people can be soterrible at driving.
I disagree with that assumption, but I do agree that there are many careless drivers on the road.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.