Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

PFYC
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 05-05-2012, 03:35 PM   #1
IneedAZ

Drives: not enough power
Who is familiar with the Hertz speaker line?

I am thinking about putting Hertz speakers up front and not crazy about the website. They show Dieci, Energy, Hi Energy, and Mille. Which are considered to be the better speaker?

When i was at the store today i was listening to the Audison AVk6 and Hertz HSK 165. I also listened to the HSK 165XL, but worried it may be too much base. I plan to use the factory BA rears. I do have the Pheonix Gold sub/amp package already. The factory BA are not as clean as i want.

So, whats the better speaker between the speakers i listed? Anybody have a set up front and have an opinion?

thanks
2012: Vmax TBody, CAI w/scoop, Solo HFC, ZL1 FP, Magnaflow TruX, Dynomax VT, RX catch can, HP Tune, BMR; Springs, Sways, Trailing Arms, Toe Ends, & Safety Loop, Koni str.t, Pioneer Z150bh, Phoenix Gold Sub, Hertz speakers & 5ch Amp, SS rear with 3.91 gears w/Eaton TrueTrac, and BMR bushings, Baer Decela Rotors, Goodridge brake lines, Brembo(GM) 4 piston calipers, Hawk Ceramic pads, and Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta Tires, Ny-Trex Nitrous, and more. 345RWHP/354lbsTQ 12.8@108
IneedAZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:15 PM   #2
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
look up zach @ extreme , he is big hertz seller and knows everything...about hertz..i wiull send him link to you..i am doing a lot of hertz
Old 05-05-2012, 04:19 PM   #3
IneedAZ

thanks..i think i figured out that milli and Hi Energy are the top 2 and i still like the audison av k6
2012: Vmax TBody, CAI w/scoop, Solo HFC, ZL1 FP, Magnaflow TruX, Dynomax VT, RX catch can, HP Tune, BMR; Springs, Sways, Trailing Arms, Toe Ends, & Safety Loop, Koni str.t, Pioneer Z150bh, Phoenix Gold Sub, Hertz speakers & 5ch Amp, SS rear with 3.91 gears w/Eaton TrueTrac, and BMR bushings, Baer Decela Rotors, Goodridge brake lines, Brembo(GM) 4 piston calipers, Hawk Ceramic pads, and Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta Tires, Ny-Trex Nitrous, and more. 345RWHP/354lbsTQ 12.8@108
Old 05-05-2012, 05:20 PM   #4
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
yeah , they are big on audison...here is link to there website..check out the gallery..also voted top retailer of the year and top 10 installer of the year..http://www.extreme-performance.biz/
Old 05-06-2012, 05:02 PM   #5
IneedAZ

thanks, will call them tomorrow
Old 05-06-2012, 09:54 PM   #6
Newold memories

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS/RS
I have Hertz speakers in my 5th Gen. and am EXTREMELY satisfied with them. Had an ARC audio 100 watt amp installed and am playing through the stock head unit cuz I dont like the aftermarket kits so far. But the speakers are everything I can ask for. I would highly recommend them.
2010 2SS/RS M6 LS3: K&N CAI, Eibach Pro Lowering Kit, Heritage Grill, Ceramic Tint, GM Performance Borla Exhaust, Hertz/Arc Audio Sound System, MPD1 Rear Spoiler, Rennen C-10 Wheels (20x9 w/ 275/40/20 front & 20x10.5 w/ 295/40/20 rear Continental DSW Extreme contact tires) Hurst Short Throw Shifter.

Visit us @ WWW.Facebook.com/SacramentoValleyCamaros
Newold memories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:26 AM   #7
JohnnyComeLately

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
The Hertz Hi Energy are great EQ speakers but I would not run them for a SPL system. The HiEnergy XL are happier with high (hearing loss) levels. Mille are the high end but I found they seem to be a little pickier about placement. If you're directl between them the sound is incredible but "off axis" (eg low mounts in a door) sometimes the Hi Energy sound better (to my ear). audisons sounded good but I kept going back to the Hertz and Focal.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:33 AM   #8
IneedAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newold memories View Post
I have Hertz speakers in my 5th Gen. and am EXTREMELY satisfied with them. Had an ARC audio 100 watt amp installed and am playing through the stock head unit cuz I dont like the aftermarket kits so far. But the speakers are everything I can ask for. I would highly recommend them.
which ones do u have? Are the door speakers the xl or regular?
Old 05-07-2012, 12:08 PM   #9
Agent WD-40

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I have the Hertz Hi-Energy speakers and am completely satisfied with them! I read JohnnyComeLately's review of them and then went to listen at my local shop. They were exactly what I was looking for. As a plus JohnnyComeLately posted some really nice install videos that make the install very easy.
Stainless Works 1 7/8" Long Tube Headers
Corsa Exhaust
Agent WD-40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:14 PM   #10
IneedAZ

I think the HSK165 will fit the bill. They will be driven by the Phoenix Gold amp i have. Dont need it loud, just clear and crisp. My vocals and highs are not the best with the BA's. Guess i can fine tune with the built in Phoenix amp eq.

What settings did u guys use for the crossover during your install?
Old 05-08-2012, 07:40 AM   #11
IneedAZ

Last night i stopped at the local Hertz dealer and bought the HSK165's. Having them installed saturday. Excited! Hope they sound as good or better in the car as i heard in the showroom.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:55 AM   #12
Zach@ExtremePerformance

Drives: not a Camaro :(
Good to hear!

Run 'em for a bit, the tweet will mellow out a tad after 10 - 20 hrs.
Zach@ExtremePerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:21 AM   #13
IneedAZ

thanks!!