Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Dyno Max
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Forced Induction - V8 V8 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2012, 05:00 PM   #51
mikepage0007


 
mikepage0007's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: port st lucie ,florida
Posts: 4,274
all right, i will ask, what is needed to make the c5 version work...i know i will fall into this 1% range ...and not really feeling like beating my head against the wall ...throw me some working options other then going to a stock 90mm...i,m sure many are listening as this thread has grown fast for 1% issues ...as tommy states , nick seems to be full aware of issue and my hounding him will not have any positive effects...as i have stated on many occasions , i,m sure he would like it to be working perfectly and if it was a simple fix, i,m sure it would be done by now...fact 1 : nw102mm is not working well on many boost and possible high horsepower cars...probably works great on 98% of cars which are usually under 1000 hp...but most that have responded here are running this hp range...ls2 as jamie seems like a difficult option as the tuning has to be spot on and time consuming getting it...andy has opted to run old style nw102, which has the same tuning issues i believe...is the c5 a option??? lets here it...
__________________
mikepage0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 05:31 PM   #52
JUISSD

 
JUISSD's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 White/IOM 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,236
Yeah let's hear it. Those who have gone through this issue and fixed it successfully, share the details! I really don't feel like going through this hassle after waiting so long for the car in the first place.
__________________
2010 White/IOM Camaro 2SS/RS M6


JUISSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 05:52 PM   #53
Hendrix-Engineering
Account Suspended
 
Drives: First 9 inch-12 bolt IRS Camaro
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: nc
Posts: 1,839
A c5 tb is not an option from Nick Williams ,as I stated we are working on a fix that will work with the new nw tb ,ill keep everyone posted
Hendrix-Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:23 PM   #54
HufferSS
I Wanna Go Faster!!
 
HufferSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green M6
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: SC
Posts: 3,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by S-eatin-grin View Post
You never miss an opportunity do you?
Jamie inspires me.
__________________
Built by Vengeance Racing
9.31@154.81 mph
Procharger F1-X
RPM Level 7 4L80e + Coan Converter
Hendrix 9" Rear Axle + 3.50 Gear
ARH 2" LTs+3.5" Exhaust
Fore Fuel System, Bogarts + Hoosier Slicks
Pfadt Drag Pack Suspension
My Build Thread | Best Pass To Date
HufferSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:38 PM   #55
Whipped416

 
Whipped416's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CAMARO SS
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,527
what is the ETA on fix?
Whipped416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:49 PM   #56
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 12,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by HufferSS View Post
Jamie inspires me.
I inspire all the mentally challenged to do their very best.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:50 PM   #57
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 12,020
Btw, 13 more passes today and no issues, besides crazy tire spin, with my JRE modified TPIS 102.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:18 PM   #58
paul2010

 
paul2010's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 #1278
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepage0007 View Post
all right, i will ask, what is needed to make the c5 version work...i know i will fall into this 1% range ...and not really feeling like beating my head against the wall ...throw me some working options other then going to a stock 90mm...i,m sure many are listening as this thread has grown fast for 1% issues ...as tommy states , nick seems to be full aware of issue and my hounding him will not have any positive effects...as i have stated on many occasions , i,m sure he would like it to be working perfectly and if it was a simple fix, i,m sure it would be done by now...fact 1 : nw102mm is not working well on many boost and possible high horsepower cars...probably works great on 98% of cars which are usually under 1000 hp...but most that have responded here are running this hp range...ls2 as jamie seems like a difficult option as the tuning has to be spot on and time consuming getting it...andy has opted to run old style nw102, which has the same tuning issues i believe...is the c5 a option??? lets here it...
I have an old style C5 NW102 and LPE was able to tune it with no troubles. I am sure that Andy didn't have any trouble tuning these either. I know the LPE LS9 car is running one with major boost and tons of nitrous and it has never sucked shut on their car. I called Nick and was able to get him to sell me the base for the old style and all I had to do was buy the C5 TB motor and TPS. I found the parts I needed at RPM Transmissions as well as a new complete old style NW105 that I just had to have. I am sure there are still a few laying around but might have to call quite a few shops to locate one.
__________________
2012 ZL1 #1278

2010 2nd Place Fastest 4 5th Gen LSX Shootout
2011 2nd Place Fastest 4 5th Gen LSX Shootout
paul2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:01 AM   #59
Sam88gta1
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS / 2006 CC Duramax
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Rowlett
Posts: 381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix-Engineering View Post
A c5 tb is not an option from Nick Williams ,as I stated we are working on a fix that will work with the new nw tb ,ill keep everyone posted
Is he going to replace the tb that are having trouble staying open?
I know of 14 total that had problems with the NW102mm tb. It has to be higher than just 1%.

You know NW sells the c5 style tb. How is it not an option?
Sam88gta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:58 AM   #60
mikepage0007


 
mikepage0007's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: port st lucie ,florida
Posts: 4,274
glad everyone is contributing , good to hear input from everyone...really a novice on this end, ..btu learning
__________________
mikepage0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:09 AM   #61
Mike TexaSS
 
Drives: 454 LS7 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Houston
Posts: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam88gta1 View Post
Is he going to replace the tb that are having trouble staying open?
I know of 14 total that had problems with the NW102mm tb. It has to be higher than just 1%.

You know NW sells the c5 style tb. How is it not an option?
Watch it Sam you Will get banned....lol
Mike TexaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:57 AM   #62
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 12,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by calculator0512 View Post
ack! you caught me price shopping.
now put down that keyboard and put my powerglide in. i got some orange arse to kick on the 25th

You don't need a full cage for the car show circuit. The flaming yellow one you have now does just fine! Leave the cages to us racing professionals!
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:59 AM   #63
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 12,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by calculator0512 View Post
got your text yesterday. thanks for the update...i feel better

But was I being honest or playing a game of chicken??????? I will be coming with a new set-up for the 25th. It's gonna be the fastest yet!
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:09 AM   #64
Hendrix-Engineering
Account Suspended
 
Drives: First 9 inch-12 bolt IRS Camaro
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: nc
Posts: 1,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam88gta1 View Post
Is he going to replace the tb that are having trouble staying open?
I know of 14 total that had problems with the NW102mm tb. It has to be higher than just 1%.

You know NW sells the c5 style tb. How is it not an option?
We are working on something that can be done to the current tb,if it works the tb can be upgraded for those few that need it. FYI someone ordered 600 tbs while I was there wendsday,that was just that day ,one order.the c5 can shut as well incase u missed that and Nick isn't going to make the c5 anymore
Hendrix-Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:03 PM   #65
mikepage0007


 
mikepage0007's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: port st lucie ,florida
Posts: 4,274
tommy, any idea on a time frame,,, 2 weeks or much longer till you know something.fix works or not working...?? thanks for the input..
__________________
mikepage0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:03 PM   #66
Hendrix-Engineering
Account Suspended
 
Drives: First 9 inch-12 bolt IRS Camaro
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: nc
Posts: 1,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepage0007 View Post
tommy, any idea on a time frame,,, 2 weeks or much longer till you know something.fix works or not working...?? thanks for the input..
First test today looked awesome,we have over 50% more HOLD,it will go on our 850rwhp maggie car when i get back,i have to take the dual tb setup off but any thing for the TEAM lol.I would say by the end of next week we should have more info,we will have a fix before your car gets running
Hendrix-Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:26 PM   #67
mikepage0007


 
mikepage0007's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: port st lucie ,florida
Posts: 4,274
sounds good, tommy...thanks for contributing...i,m a team player,, any sacrifices you need ..i,m there..lol
__________________
mikepage0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:27 PM   #68
Hendrix-Engineering
Account Suspended
 
Drives: First 9 inch-12 bolt IRS Camaro
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: nc
Posts: 1,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepage0007 View Post
sounds good, tommy...thanks for contributing...i,m a team player,, any sacrifices you need ..i,m there..lol
you coming up tommorow to hang out
Hendrix-Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:35 PM   #69
Sam88gta1
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS / 2006 CC Duramax
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Rowlett
Posts: 381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix-Engineering View Post
We are working on something that can be done to the current tb,if it works the tb can be upgraded for those few that need it. FYI someone ordered 600 tbs while I was there wendsday,that was just that day ,one order.the c5 can shut as well incase u missed that and Nick isn't going to make the c5 anymore
I have never had the c5 style shut on me and ive made 1100rwhp on boost alone sucking air through one. That same car wouldt make over 900rwhp without sucking the new style shut.

Is the fix going to be that airfoil in the air path?
From what I understood SDPC was the only mw dealer for NW. Surely they didn't order 600 of them.

I wouldn't downplay the issue and say a "few". Most people don't talk about it. That doesnt mean it's not a big problem.
Sam88gta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:36 PM   #70
Sam88gta1
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS / 2006 CC Duramax
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Rowlett
Posts: 381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike TexaSS View Post
Watch it Sam you Will get banned....lol

Shhhhhh!! Don't sound the alarm!
Sam88gta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:42 PM   #71
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 12,020
The worst part of this entire problem is that NW can't even speak for himself. Excuse the language but that's cowardly bullshit. How can you make a product, know in some applications it has failed, and then not give at least a "hey, guys, I'm sorry, I know something is wrong, here's my plan to correct it". Thomas, we appreciate your help and your ability to shed some light on this but the fact remains we still have no idea what the plan is. Any if someone says he's to busy or something to that effect go stab yourself in the eye. That's another lame ass excuse. It's called quality control, damage control, or whatever you want to call it. Successful businesses do it. The NW was awesome, had great driveability. I'd love to be able to use one, but I'm not gonna hold my breath. I'll stick with what Ted has done for mine.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:51 PM   #72
mikepage0007


 
mikepage0007's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: port st lucie ,florida
Posts: 4,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
The worst part of this entire problem is that NW can't even speak for himself. Excuse the language but that's cowardly bullshit. How can you make a product, know in some applications it has failed, and then not give at least a "hey, guys, I'm sorry, I know something is wrong, here's my plan to correct it". Thomas, we appreciate your help and your ability to shed some light on this but the fact remains we still have no idea what the plan is. Any if someone says he's to busy or something to that effect go stab yourself in the eye. That's another lame ass excuse. It's called quality control, damage control, or whatever you want to call it. Successful businesses do it. The NW was awesome, had great driveability. I'd love to be able to use one, but I'm not gonna hold my breath. I'll stick with what Ted has done for mine.
how do you really feel...
__________________
mikepage0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:59 PM   #73
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 12,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepage0007 View Post
how do you really feel...
At this point I could care less. Ted made right by me. He gave me full credit on the NW to put toward the new one. But if he didn't I'd have a $600 paper weight! To me it seems that because it's such a small percentage that had a problem that it wasn't a priority. Yes, it appears that a fix had been in the works for some time but no news no updates and no progress. When there's a problem with an axle or driveshaft frank is the first guy to make it right. I just expected most vendors do that. No one was saying anything so I figured I would. I know some guys were thinking the same thing.

On another note. Shoot me the pm to your build please. I tried to find it earlier and couldn't. Thanks Mikey!!
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:10 PM   #74
mikepage0007


 
mikepage0007's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: port st lucie ,florida
Posts: 4,274
haven,t updated lately..http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...hp?t=195970... check the video on the power rear seat.lol..the body is naked up on lift, sent rear back to gforce for some spline upgrades and installed triple hat fuel pump this week...complete drivetrain is out and if all goes well , next week will reinstall the engine and 4l80...and have all the nos and larger fuel lines run..
__________________
mikepage0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:44 PM   #75
Hendrix-Engineering
Account Suspended
 
Drives: First 9 inch-12 bolt IRS Camaro
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: nc
Posts: 1,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam88gta1 View Post
I have never had the c5 style shut on me and ive made 1100rwhp on boost alone sucking air through one. That same car wouldt make over 900rwhp without sucking the new style shut.

Is the fix going to be that airfoil in the air path?
From what I understood SDPC was the only mw dealer for NW. Surely they didn't order 600 of them.

I wouldn't downplay the issue and say a "few". Most people don't talk about it. That doesnt mean it's not a big problem.
It seems as you know alot more than me,ill stay out of the thread,sorry for my mis information
Hendrix-Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
boooo, oc2donefixed

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.