Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Kraft Werks
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 05-08-2012, 06:55 PM   #1
Emig5m
100% Sport Møde

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS|RS '04 SVT Lightning
Is this the stock Camaro sub?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-2012-CA...4247#vi-ilComp

1) I thought the stock sound system in the Camaro was Boston Acoustics and not MTX?

2) If this is stock, does this kit come with everything needed (amp, wiring harness, etc)

3) Plug and play easy to install? How hard is it exactly to install? Will I need to let a shop do it?

4) I read through a search here that the factory sub has some type of crossover to built in and and plug and play with the factory wiring harness to redirect the bass from the other speakers and this was the advantage of using the factory sub over aftermarket (mainly plug and play/ease of install)

5) The Ebay link appears to be a good price with free shipping compared to the normal retail price?

Thanks.
Emig5m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:00 PM   #2
Out4it
Banned

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emig5m View Post
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-2012-CA...4247#vi-ilComp

1) I thought the stock sound system in the Camaro was Boston Acoustics and not MTX?

2) If this is stock, does this kit come with everything needed (amp, wiring harness, etc)

3) Plug and play easy to install? How hard is it exactly to install? Will I need to let a shop do it?

4) I read through a search here that the factory sub has some type of crossover to built in and and plug and play with the factory wiring harness to redirect the bass from the other speakers and this was the advantage of using the factory sub over aftermarket (mainly plug and play/ease of install)

5) The Ebay link appears to be a good price with free shipping compared to the normal retail price?

Thanks.
1. The sub is MTX
2. who lnow from ebay
3.fairly easy.

5. Got mine a LOT cheaper from GMPARTSHOUSE
Out4it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:43 PM   #3
Emig5m
100% Sport Møde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out4it View Post
1. The sub is MTX
2. who lnow from ebay
3.fairly easy.

Thanks for the reply. I just want to do my research before I purchase so I don't screw up. I want the stock part as if you where buying the car brand new off the lot with the option. So the speaker comes with the amp, wiring, and everything needed to hook it up?
Old 05-08-2012, 08:48 PM   #4
Emig5m
100% Sport Møde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out4it View Post
Actually they're more expensive than the ebay buy $142.25 not to mention shipping on top of that (ebay is free shipping). Any trick you used to get it cheaper than their online advertised price?
Old 05-08-2012, 09:09 PM   #5
pgustavson
does NOT drive a "'vert"

Drives: 2011 2LT Convertible
Quote:
Actually they're more expensive than the ebay buy $142.25 not to mention shipping on top of that (ebay is free shipping). Any trick you used to get it cheaper than their online advertised price?
Maybe he meant http://www.gmpartsdirect.com ??? $745.50...
Old 05-08-2012, 09:10 PM   #6
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
I was going to get this 2 years ago but decided I spend more time listening to the LS3 than XM, so I opted out.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:07 AM   #7
Out4it
Banned

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS
Quote:
I think it was about 700 installed. Genes guys installed it at the GM nationals last year. Wanted the install done for the 3 year warranty. No shipping involved.
Out4it is offline   Reply With Quote