Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
HRE Wheels
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2007, 02:33 AM   #85
Good53X
 
Drives: 1988Nissan Pulsar (meh,beater)
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 83
There were a few comments about how the shots from the rear look wrong, like the vehicle is too tall and narrow. I think it's largely due to these bits of camo here, which aren't actually covering the body, but rather just interrupting the view...



Anyway, I love the side-view, it's obvious that it will represent historic muscle with pride, but won't just be a retro re-make.



Loving it. I've been waiting for these spyshots to leak for ages <3

Edit: The arrows represent the rear covers I'm talking about. Those are covering the natural lines of the car, not contouring to them... I'm 99% sure at least.
Good53X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 02:35 AM   #86
69 350 SS
 
69 350 SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 1969 Camaro pro touring
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner KS1 View Post
I see where you are going but I beleive that this is mandated by Australian law that left hand drive vehicles be labled as such.
Hi guys,

Thought I'd clear this one up for you.... As you would know we have right hand drive cars in oz.... any car under 30 years of age cannot be registered in most states (there is a few states however that allow registration of cars LHD regardless of age cant remember em all? WA is one though...) The only way to have a vehicle 30 years or less registered is with a special permit.... its quite involved but permits are available... for vehicles under 30 years of age that are LHD and have a permit, They must wear a "left hand drive" sign somewhere on the back..

For cars 30 years and older they can stay LHD and don't need to be labelled!!! Hence I've left my 69 Camaro LHD... I like it better cos it was born that way!

Kurt
69 350 SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 02:48 AM   #87
Mindz
E.B.A.H.
 
Mindz's Avatar
 
Drives: you wild...
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Posts: 18,258
Hi Kurt. Thanks for clearing that up and welcome to the boards.
__________________
Blue Rush, 2010 SS [Car of the Week 3/22/2010] Traded in on...ZLZBUBB, 2013 ZL1
Mindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 02:56 AM   #88
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com
 
TAG UR IT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SA, Texas
Posts: 26,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 350 SS View Post
Hi guys,

Thought I'd clear this one up for you.... As you would know we have right hand drive cars in oz.... any car under 30 years of age cannot be registered in most states (there is a few states however that allow registration of cars LHD regardless of age cant remember em all? WA is one though...) The only way to have a vehicle 30 years or less registered is with a special permit.... its quite involved but permits are available... for vehicles under 30 years of age that are LHD and have a permit, They must wear a "left hand drive" sign somewhere on the back..

For cars 30 years and older they can stay LHD and don't need to be labelled!!! Hence I've left my 69 Camaro LHD... I like it better cos it was born that way!

Kurt
Welcome to the boards, Kurt....and thanks as well. When I saw the sign, you all probably understand what I figured. If there was one, there had to be another. Not because all cars there are RHD, but just due to the labeling factor. Oh well...thought the RHD guys might have gotten a kick out of that one. Guess I was wrong. But, thanks again!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 03:42 AM   #89
unkbd
 
unkbd's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: WI
Posts: 268
I already hate the door handles......and I pray they didn't move the fuel filler door.
unkbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 05:16 AM   #90
OzCamaro
 
OzCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: Holden Commodore
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by unkbd View Post
I already hate the door handles......and I pray they didn't move the fuel filler door.
Door handles appear to be very similar to our latest commodore being sold as Pontiac G8 over there and probably expect they aren't likely to change. Could be wrong though
OzCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 06:56 AM   #91
Emher
Pillaging Viking
 
Emher's Avatar
 
Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,189
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
Quote:
Originally Posted by September View Post
Can I have it in yellow please?! My son would kill me if i got one and it wasnt in yellow with black stripes (yes i know i know - its Bumblebee before anyone points it out!!)
Hey that's the color I want, don't be ashamed!
__________________
"Fifty years from now, when you're looking back at your life, don't you want to be able to say you had the guts to get in the car?"
Emher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 08:32 AM   #92
'09-Z28
 
'09-Z28's Avatar
 
Drives: '03 Mazda 6s
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by fattyj View Post
chevy brought sexy back!!!!! god damn!!!!! oh and i noticed something too. the car that Ed Welburn is hugging on the first pic that was released, people were complaining for the lack of the rear spoiler ... well look at the wheels on that car and now look at the new photos and find the car with the same wheels parked next to the blue mustang. no spoiler, but the other camaro next to it has one. what's to make of it???
This confirms that there are four cars. In the first two pics where you can easily see three cars, none of them have that spoiler. One of the two next to the mustangs does have a spoiler. Therefore, there must be at least FOUR test cars!
'09-Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 08:35 AM   #93
AlohaBR

 
AlohaBR's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaros...is there anything else?
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Great Lake State
Posts: 1,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by '09-Z28 View Post
This confirms that there are four cars. In the first two pics where you can easily see three cars, none of them have that spoiler. One of the two next to the mustangs does have a spoiler. Therefore, there must be at least FOUR test cars!
I rcvd a call last week from a friend at the Milford proving grounds that there was a prototype on the track out there.
AlohaBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 08:54 AM   #94
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1LE...Drove: 2012 ZL1
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 28,002
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by '09-Z28 View Post
This confirms that there are four cars. In the first two pics where you can easily see three cars, none of them have that spoiler. One of the two next to the mustangs does have a spoiler. Therefore, there must be at least FOUR test cars!
Really now....Am I missing something? I'm beginning to feel more and more dumb. All of the cars I've seen have a spoiler, and spoiler cover...my understanding was that due to all the camo, Any spoiler would be 'flattened out' Giving the decklid a look of a flatness, while still having a curved back. And the poor angle of that side pic wouldn't allow us to see any spoiler anyhow, right?





ANYWAYS Does anybody get the impression that our baby is smaller than the current Mustang?

Though GM people did say that the concept v Production dimensions should only change by fractions of an inch...the numbers still kinda support that observation:

Vert concept (L, W, H) [in]:.....186.2......79.6....53.
Mustang (L, W, H) [in]:...........187.6......74.......54.
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Twice Before You Post.
...Anxiously waiting to order a silver "Z"...

Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 11:05 AM   #95
Jak
 
Jak's Avatar
 
Drives: 03 Dodge Dakota
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 627
I was going to say that myself, but I just wonder if it's because it sits lower then the 'stang?
But from what you can see through the camo, there is very little difference bewteen the concept and these cars, down to the rear brake vents(wonder if they work or are just for show?)I mean sure we lost the mirrors and the door handles(neither deal breakers).
What I really want to see is pics of the insides and under the hood .




Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Really now....Am I missing something? I'm beginning to feel more and more dumb. All of the cars I've seen have a spoiler, and spoiler cover...my understanding was that due to all the camo, Any spoiler would be 'flattened out' Giving the decklid a look of a flatness, while still having a curved back. And the poor angle of that side pic wouldn't allow us to see any spoiler anyhow, right?





ANYWAYS Does anybody get the impression that our baby is smaller than the current Mustang?

Though GM people did say that the concept v Production dimensions should only change by fractions of an inch...the numbers still kinda support that observation:

Vert concept (L, W, H) [in]:.....186.2......79.6....53.
Mustang (L, W, H) [in]:...........187.6......74.......54.
Jak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 11:28 AM   #96
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13
 
The_Stache's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 1,806
Quote:
down to the rear brake vents(wonder if they work or are just for show?)
The gills are there, but they are just creases in the body panel. They are not open, and I didn't think they would just because of structural issues.
__________________
A.K.A - Diarmadhi (old handle) - So much to do.. So little money
Owner : Fast-Stache Industries LLC
The_Stache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 11:50 AM   #97
Twin Turbo
 
Drives: '05 Ford Mustang
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Berkshire, England
Posts: 143
OK, I'm a Mustang owner and fan, but I loved the Camaro concept the moment I saw those grainy images GM pulled a couple of years ago, and I've got to say, WOW! It looks awesome and makes the two Mustangs beside it look tall and frumpy! It's got a fabulous stance.

Twin Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 12:18 PM   #98
Pencil.Fight
 
Pencil.Fight's Avatar
 
Drives: '06 Mustang
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 689
Send a message via Yahoo to Pencil.Fight
Ok, I've got a question.

If the Camaro is supposed to look so much like the concept, why even use the camo at all?

The big changes are the mirrors, the door handles and the dimensions, none of which are hidden by the camo at all.

The only thing I can see that they might want to hide for a while is the gas cap placement and wheel size, but these don't necessitate a camo job this complex.

The only thing I can figure is that there must be some changes that we don't yet know about. Otherwise, if Ford or Dodge wanted to see what the Camaro was going to look like, all they really have to do is look at any one of the many Concept photos out there.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
"Some legends just live in your dreams, others never let you sleep!"
Pencil.Fight is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Camaro Product Manager - interview Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 11 04-04-2012 06:10 PM
GM memo to dealers Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 41 02-04-2010 07:33 PM
Official Camaro Convertible CONCEPT Press Release Tran Camaro Convertible Forum 12 11-18-2009 07:05 PM
2010 Chevy Camaro prototype spyshot -- without camo!! NVMY68SS Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 272 02-02-2009 02:55 PM
Camaro (concept) Press Release!! Pencil.Fight 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 4 07-21-2008 03:33 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.