Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Forced Induction - V8 V8 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Old 08-14-2012, 11:58 PM   #26
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Drives: The Neighbor Hater
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno View Post
Sweet! Pry0b0y, you know how I feel about your intake, best looking intake, PERIOD! Almost makes me want to do a TT, so I can run your same intake. By the way, you should check out what I'm doing for fuel rails, drop by my thread.
Thanks, I can't wait to see everything finished up in the next couple days. I'll check out your thread. I drool at everything you have done! Can't wait to see everything buttoned up in November! The fuel rails will be right above the injectors, but we are going to work on hiding them under the plenums for a cleaner look. This would also hide the fuel injectors too. After that, coil packs will be moved and if i have enough money, carbon fiber valve covers or polished aluminum covers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
wait Are you using the black labels then? you dog.
Haha ya, Mast Black Label CNC 12* heads LS3 - flow @ .600 365/254

Mast Motorsports Built LS3 Stroker 418, IPS GT35R Twin Turbos, Exedy GTO4XD Twin Disc Clutch, Aeromotive A1000 Eliminator Stealth Fuel Pump, AEM Meth Injection, DSS 1400hp Axels, BC Coilovers, Pfadt & BMR Suspension, Hawk HPS Pads, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Shifter, Custom Roll Cage by Blu808, T3 Ports, 22" Custom Concave Mesh Rims
pyr0b0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:10 PM   #27
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Well my friend and I pulled the intake manifold off and swapped over the injectors and fuel rails onto the Ozmo intake. We mocked it up and found that the fuel rail supports were not made for taller injectors, so they had to be extended. We used my current intake tube and modified it to fit the new intake. The throttle body actually extends out quite a bit further than the stock intake manifold. Here's a couple pictures.

Everything is pretty messy right now, but the wiring will be cleaned up along with the various hoses and fuel lines!

Stock intake manifold is off

Fitting the Ozmo intake

Intake tube mocked up and ready to be welded

You'll notice the fuel connectors are red and blue, which I never liked to begin with, so I will be swapping the connectors fo anodized black ones, and replacing the vacuum lines with polished aluminum ones. Since I have a catch can, we will not be using the crankcase ventilation line.

If you look on the bottom sides of the intake, you will notice popoff valves are installed. In the rare case too much pressure builds up in the intake, the popoff valves will relieve the pressure rather than blowing the intake. Pretty ingenious design!

We had to order a couple fuel fittings since the fuel rails are a little bigger. Everything should arrive tomorrow and I should be ready to get this thing tuned!

Mast Motorsports Built LS3 Stroker 418, IPS GT35R Twin Turbos, Exedy GTO4XD Twin Disc Clutch, Aeromotive A1000 Eliminator Stealth Fuel Pump, AEM Meth Injection, DSS 1400hp Axels, BC Coilovers, Pfadt & BMR Suspension, Hawk HPS Pads, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Shifter, Custom Roll Cage by Blu808, T3 Ports, 22" Custom Concave Mesh Rims
Old 08-15-2012, 05:53 PM   #28
jrpxxii

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 427ci
Looks awesome and very clean setup. Cant wait to see it finished.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:43 AM   #29
Nathan Moreno

Drives: G5.R
Man, that is "ART" right there!!! If you were closer, I'd help you with cleaning up some of the wiring and relocating your coils. That intake is to nice to have all that crap on top of the engine taking away from it.
Nathan Moreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:45 AM   #30
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Quote:
Man, that is "ART" right there!!! If you were closer, I'd help you with cleaning up some of the wiring and relocating your coils. That intake is to nice to have all that crap on top of the engine taking away from it.
it is getting cleaned up, everything looks messy but were just mocking it up. Wait until you see when everything is buttoned up!

Old 08-16-2012, 09:04 AM   #31
Jose

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS White S/C
Quote:
That's going to look sick! Those are same valve covers I have. They are katech. I like them best from all the CF valve covers available. I wish that intake worked in a NA application. I like it better than the one with two TBs.
Hi, any idea on the price for the valve covers? Please PM me,

Thanks!
Old 08-16-2012, 09:35 AM   #32
Nathan Moreno

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyr0b0y View Post
it is getting cleaned up, everything looks messy but were just mocking it up. Wait until you see when everything is buttoned up!
I can't wait to see it! I'm pulling for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose View Post
Hi, any idea on the price for the valve covers? Please PM me,

Thanks!
Here you go: http://store.katechengines.com/carbo...vers-p173.aspx
Old 08-16-2012, 09:48 AM   #33
Boost6924

Drives: 2SS/RS
Very nice!
Old 08-16-2012, 09:36 PM   #34
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Any tuneablility issues?
Old 08-17-2012, 11:48 AM   #35
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2k View Post
Any tuneablility issues?
We aren't expecting any tuning issues because we are still only running one throttle body. I have an extremely good tuner setup for next week that specializes in high horsepower twin turbo LS engines. With the intake, we should see a huge increase in the 3500+rpm range.

As a side note, everything was installed and started up just fine, unfortunately, one of the fuel rail brackets cracked because we welded additional material onto them. We are making a stronger weld today, and should be driving it home today.

For now, we are keeping the fuel rails on top of the runners, but the runners also have room for additional fuel rails under the plenums. This would be perfect to run direct port nitrous!!!! but i wont be doing that.........Ideally, I would like to install a fuel cell and run C16, and plumb lines into fuel rails that would be hidden under the plenums, and have 2 different tunes ready to go on the fly! Not sure when I'll be able to do something like this, but theres an idea!

I'll have the final install pics posted later tonight!

Old 08-17-2012, 12:19 PM   #36
SinisterEcho

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6/LS3
This is awesome! Cant wait to see it when its all said and done!
Old 08-17-2012, 12:34 PM   #37
christianmotox

Drives: ( . )( . )
Sweet build, cant wait to see the finished product.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:31 AM   #38
litle88
V8 Lounge member #2

Drives: 2001 Ws6
So what did you put down? Did it work?
01 Ws6, m6, ASC#618 of 1583,40k Miles,shortblock built by AES the rest built by me,Ls3 416,FAST 102, NW102,LPE Ls3 heads

Join us:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/5138...3848358733509/
litle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:09 PM   #39
Nathan Moreno

Old 08-19-2012, 01:21 PM   #40
Russo
Unofficial Glass Tech

Drives: 2014 Ford F150 FX2
Send a message via Yahoo to Russo
Nice intake manifolds!
Russo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:48 PM   #41
CyberPredator
50 Shades of Prey

Drives: TT/SS
Anyway anyone else can get this intake?
Old 08-19-2012, 10:29 PM   #42
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Quote:
Originally Posted by litle88 View Post
So what did you put down? Did it work?
It will be getting tuned this week!

Quote:
Its coming.........lol didnt have a chance to grab pics because i left the camera at home! give me until tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPredator View Post
Anyway anyone else can get this intake?
What do you mean? Anyone can buy one if they want.

Old 08-20-2012, 10:03 AM   #43
CyberPredator
50 Shades of Prey

Drives: TT/SS
wasn't sure if it was something going into production or not because you said one-off earlier.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:19 PM   #44
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPredator View Post
wasn't sure if it was something going into production or not because you said one-off earlier.
Mine was one off because I wanted it designed specifically for my input. Ozmo intakes are custom made for everyone that buys one. He makes LS3 and LS7 manifolds, as well as N/A and FI. They get costly, but are available to anyone who is interested in buying one.

Old 08-20-2012, 06:20 PM   #45
Nathan Moreno

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyr0b0y View Post
Its coming.........lol didnt have a chance to grab pics because i left the camera at home! give me until tomorrow!
It's tomorrow!

Old 08-20-2012, 08:16 PM   #46
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Quote:
It's tomorrow!

Taking pics now!!! just gotta get them uploaded to photobucket then theyll get posted here.

Old 08-20-2012, 08:57 PM   #47
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Here we go! Pictures of the Ozmo intake installed!

Everything came out really good! If you notice in the last picture, the intake tube had to be modified a little bit and another weld done. It also touches the hood a little bit, so I will be taking a little bit off of the intake tube on the bottom. Right now it's not looking to good, but the powdercoat will be taken off, and polished to a shine!

I'm currently working on polishing the valve covers, and have begun redesigning the coil pack mounting brackets in Solidworks. That should help clean up the engine bay, as well as moving the heater hoses.

If all works out, the car should be tuned this Wednesday.

Old 08-20-2012, 10:04 PM   #48
Nathan Moreno

That is the most beautiful intake, period! I like it so much, I thinking of getting one even though I'm NA! So what is my power goes up the rpm range, I'll run 411 gears to compensate.

Anyways, congrats, now just clean up the rest of the rest of the bay so the intake can shine. I gues your still waiting for the black fittings. Why don't you relocate the coils to the frame rails? It will make a huge improvement. I have the entire set-up (brackets and wires cu to size, heat shield boots) which I'm not going to be using. Let me know if your interested.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:06 PM   #49
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Quote:
That is the most beautiful intake, period! I like it so much, I thinking of getting one even though I'm NA! So what is my power goes up the rpm range, I'll run 411 gears to compensate.

Anyways, congrats, now just clean up the rest of the rest of the bay so the intake can shine. I gues your still waiting for the black fittings. Why don't you relocate the coils to the frame rails? It will make a huge improvement. I have the entire set-up (brackets and wires cu to size, heat shield boots) which I'm not going to be using. Let me know if your interested.
They make an NA, let me know if you do devcide to get one in the future and I'll see what I can do. Are you going to be around Wednesday or Thursday? The car's getting tuned somewhere near LA, but don't know the specific location yet. I should know tomorrow.

Old 08-20-2012, 10:19 PM   #50
fastlane2010

Drives: 2010 camaro with fast lane stage 2
Man that is sweet wish I had the people around me to be able to do that and have the money to pull that off def want to see the numbers and total money spent on it

fastlane2010 is offline   Reply With Quote