Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-15-2016, 12:34 AM   #1
ramil13

Drives: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT RS
Ghost Cam Tune With Current Exhaust

I'm thinking of getting the Trifecta tune which includes the ghost cam. I have muffler delete straightpipe with stainless steel replaced there. Also a magnaflow x pipe. Any idea how it would sound?

There are no videos of 2014+ Camaro v6's with the ghost cam tune.

My car already has a deeper tone to it and has a loud startup so wondering what to expect with that added onto it.

Spectre Cold Air Intake #9981, Muffler Delete, VMAX TB, Str8 pipe, Magnaflow Xpipe #11386, Trifecta Tune + Ghost Cam
ramil13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 11:53 PM   #2
BluedEvil21

Drives: 2013 Camaro v6 hot wheels edition
I could be wrong here....but last time I knew the lfx couldn't have the ghost cam tune...forget the exact reason... unless they figured it out...
Old 11-16-2016, 06:10 AM   #3
derek1387

Drives: 2015 1LS Red V6
You dont want a "ghost cam". Not good for the engine...

Thanks to Will @ Overkill Motorsports, Jason @ JacFab, Jim @ Ohio Speed, Brandon at Dream Gear, and the boys at Randy Curnow Chevrolet

Overkill Tuned, Vortech charged!

5th Gen V6 Performance Facebook Group
derek1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 03:22 PM   #4
ramil13

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek1387 View Post
You dont want a "ghost cam". Not good for the engine...
Why is it not good for the engine? Everyone says that but does not give logical and reasonable proof.

Spectre Cold Air Intake #9981, Muffler Delete, VMAX TB, Str8 pipe, Magnaflow Xpipe #11386, Trifecta Tune + Ghost Cam
Old 11-17-2016, 03:46 PM   #5
Camaro45rs

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS 45th Aniv.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198780
this is what i found
Camaro45rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 06:05 PM   #6
derek1387

Drives: 2015 1LS Red V6
Intentional lean then rich then lean then rich....

Tell me how that's good for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to Will @ Overkill Motorsports, Jason @ JacFab, Jim @ Ohio Speed, Brandon at Dream Gear, and the boys at Randy Curnow Chevrolet

Overkill Tuned, Vortech charged!

5th Gen V6 Performance Facebook Group
derek1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 06:30 PM   #7
ramil13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro45rs View Post
Referring to your post someone said this:

"on a serious note, what racnjsn said is correct. It manipulates the overlap(the time when the exhaust and intake stay open)and causes for the idle to become non stable or choppy. From the factory this is completely opposite, they lessen the overlap to create a smooth idle. American muscle actually started this ghost cam with the mustangs but they discontinued ever since ford showed interest in buying the rights to ghost cam."

So still didn't hear actual proof. Think of it in a business perspective, if it really is bad for your engine then this company selling it will have a major backlash and affect the companies business and reputation but i have not heard about anything bad yet.

Old 11-17-2016, 06:42 PM   #8
ZYBORG
Lets roll...

Drives: 14'
OP, i say go for the "ghost cam", just make sure you do some of the other ricer add ons, such as transformer badges, 22s, some glow lights and maybe some lambo doors.

You will be set!
Old 11-17-2016, 06:51 PM   #9
Kenny Camaro

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYBORG View Post
OP, i say go for the "ghost cam", just make sure you do some of the other ricer add ons, such as transformer badges, 22s, some glow lights and maybe some lambo doors.

You will be set!
Ouch!
Old 11-17-2016, 07:14 PM   #10
ramil13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYBORG View Post

You will be set!
I own 2 Cars, 1 2LT RS Camaro and a Mustang GT.

OoOoO man Ooo a v8

Yeah man if you don't drive a v8 you are 100% a loser and don't know shit about cars.

I can do whatever, I probably make 3x what you make in a year in a month. So honestly, your opinion is laughable to me.

I'm not a simple-minded loser like you that thinks adding mods to YOUR car to make it sound better FOR YOU is rice.

Oh yeah majority of the muscle cars get smoked by european, japense cars everybody knows that.

So please lets not act like that riced out honda civic won't walk ur BIG 6.2L v8 engine. Because you know, you must know a lot... because the engine is the only thing that determines a performance car right?

I hope you actually own a Camaro or some sort of car because your background picture is a google image....

Unbelievably laughable probably like your income

Last edited by ramil13; 11-17-2016 at 07:31 PM.
Old 11-17-2016, 07:20 PM   #11
wrtowman

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramil13 View Post
I probably make 3x what you make in a year in a month.

2011 SGM Camaro 1SS/RS A6 - Vengeance Racing built/tuned. 590RWHP/560RWTQ, ADM LSA Conversion, 2.5 Grip-Tec, ZL1 fuel pump, ADM FPCM, FIC1000, VRPD2 Cam and LS3 Conversion with all the internal goodies, American Racing 1 7/8 Headers, no cats, SW Retro Cat Back, ADM Intake, AFCO HX, Varimax Pump, Rotofab Reservoir, B&M Transmission Cooler, VMAX TB, Elite Engineering CC, BMR LCAs, Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, DSS 1000hp axles, ZL1 Bumper and Sideskirts, Night Owl Halos, Matte Black 20" Rohana RC-22 with 20x10-275s/20x11-315s, R1 Concept Premier Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.
wrtowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 07:30 PM   #12
ZYBORG
Lets roll...

Hook, line and sinker!

This went better than expected... lol

Quote:
I own 2 Cars, 1 2LT RS Camaro and a Mustang GT.

OoOoO man Ooo a v8

Yeah man if you don't drive a v8 you are 100% a loser and don't know shit about cars.

I can do whatever, I probably make 3x what you make in a year in a month. So honestly, your opinion is laughable to me.

I'm not a simple-minded loser like you that thinks adding mods to YOUR car to make it sound better FOR YOU is rice.

Oh yeah majority of the muscle cars get smoked by european, japense cars everybody knows that.

So please lets not act like that riced out honda civic won't walk ur BIG 6.2L v8 engine. Because you know, you must know a lot... because the engine is the only thing that determines a performance car right?

I hope you actually own a Camaro or some sort of car because your background picture is a google image....

Old 11-17-2016, 07:36 PM   #13
ramil13

Ofcourse it worked, you down-talked someone on the forums for their own opinion and choice and then play victim. That's not cool dude, i'm just looking for advice and adv/disadv about this product not for someone to make fun of me.

Old 11-17-2016, 07:57 PM   #14
ZYBORG
Lets roll...

Quote:
Ofcourse it worked, you down-talked someone on the forums for their own opinion and choice and then play victim. That's not cool dude, i'm just looking for advice and adv/disadv about this product not for someone to make fun of me.
Easy killer! No one here is playing victim, other than you. Better start growing some thicker skin.

Not sure why you went on a "v6 vs v8" rant. Not one time was anything mentioned in regards to that.

Not sure why you felt the need to bring up that you own some other vehicle. No one asked for that information.

Not sure why you said "I can do whatever", you sure can, I even encouraged it.

Not sure why you felt the need to assume that you make 3x, what I make in a year, in a month.

Not sure why you felt the need to ascertain on my intelligence.

Not sure why you felt the need to state that muscle cars get smoked by european and japanese cars. "Everybody knows that".

Not sure why you felt the need to assume that I implied that "an engine is the only thing that determines a performance car".

Sounds like insecurity issues to me.

Looking at your previous threads and comments, I can understand why.

Hope it gets better meng!