Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ADM PERFORMANCE
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-19-2016, 06:20 PM   #1
Turranv6

Drives: Black 2015 Camaro 2LS
Just ordered...

So for fathers day my wife got me the vitesse throttle control AND THERE OUT OF STOCK!!! I called them said it be a couple of weeks but I was like WHAT!? What makes it funny was we were going to buy it last night. I was on order screen just needed my wallet AND then we had to rush to ER (kids being kids). Everything good but it was just my luck.

I read this is the best mod you can add for the price love to hear your feed back on it.
Old 06-19-2016, 06:23 PM   #2
Sanjay Collins

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT
The VTC on the V6 is godly for throttle response even with full bolt-ons, E85 and a tune.
IPF Tuning PowerTune™ - Roto-Fab cold air intake - VMAX Motorsports CNC spiral ported throttle body - Elite Engineering catch can - American Racing Headers catless downpipes - MagnaFlow Exhaust resonated x-pipe - custom muffler deletes - Vitesse Motorsports throttle controller - Speedhut SST-MAX OBDII shift light - BMR Suspension strut tower brace.
Sanjay Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 06:30 PM   #3
bingster223

Drives: 2015 1LT/RS hot red/black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turranv6 View Post
So for fathers day my wife got me the vitesse throttle control AND THERE OUT OF STOCK!!! I called them said it be a couple of weeks but I was like WHAT!? What makes it funny was we were going to buy it last night. I was on order screen just needed my wallet AND then we had to rush to ER (kids being kids). Everything good but it was just my luck.

I read this is the best mod you can add for the price love to hear your feed back on it.
Just got mine delivered on Thursday put it on Friday morning n so far its been nothing but a blast. My really does accelerate better. I'll be honest in sport mode sp0 through sp4 all felt similar to stock but sp5 and up is pure fun i haven't tried a launch with sp9 yet but when i jumped on it a little bit at a red light i squealed my wheels a little.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
bingster223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 06:32 PM   #4
bingster223

My car accelerates.. i left out car lol

Old 06-19-2016, 06:43 PM   #5
bingster223

Tell him you'll have the door sill in your back installing it lol. I cheated and put a stool right outside the door lol to help me it worked very well

Old 06-19-2016, 07:08 PM   #6
rozarioorlan

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LS
i always have it on SP9, super fun and really quick to drive but give it a little too much gas and you'll lose traction like crazy lol. can't imagine driving without it!
2013 2LS - K&N CAI, Overkill 80mm Throttle Body, Overkill E85 Kit and Overkill Tune, Jacfab Ported Intake Manifold and Spacer, Vitesse TC, Magnaflow Resonated X Pipe, Flowmaster 40 Mufflers, BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Seperator
rozarioorlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 07:14 PM   #7
Docker

Drives: 2015 vicious animal with 217 cu i
SP9 all the way, no need to go below that. Installed mine as soon as I got it.
Docker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 07:59 PM   #8
Turranv6

Drives: Black 2015 Camaro 2LS
What you think VTC shaves off your 0-60 .1, maybe .3? I wondering with TC off and at SP9 how much the tires would spin (cant wait to try)?

Side question. With paddle shifting, anyone got a good feel for going off the line with this? Cant find a solid video. I don't get a lot of time to go out and test. My daily drive is 30-45MPH.......

Thx for all the feed back too.
Old 06-19-2016, 08:02 PM   #9
Sanjay Collins

It doesn't add any performance, more of just an ease of driveability. You'll have to use it to understand.

I wouldn't even bother with the paddles with the delay that they have. Just stand on the brake and gas to raise the RPMs, drop the brake and let the transmission do its thing.
IPF Tuning PowerTune™ - Roto-Fab cold air intake - VMAX Motorsports CNC spiral ported throttle body - Elite Engineering catch can - American Racing Headers catless downpipes - MagnaFlow Exhaust resonated x-pipe - custom muffler deletes - Vitesse Motorsports throttle controller - Speedhut SST-MAX OBDII shift light - BMR Suspension strut tower brace.
Old 06-19-2016, 08:25 PM   #10
Docker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turranv6 View Post
What you think VTC shaves off your 0-60 .1, maybe .3? I wondering with TC off and at SP9 how much the tires would spin (cant wait to try)?

Side question. With paddle shifting, anyone got a good feel for going off the line with this? Cant find a solid video. I don't get a lot of time to go out and test. My daily drive is 30-45MPH.......

Thx for all the feed back too.
The VTC especially in our A6's improves the throttle response which improves the launch time, which can improve 0-60...Not anymore than it was already capable of but it makes it easy.

The only other way to do a good launch in an A6 is brake, throttle to raise RPM, release break...

If you put a stickier set of tires on your car THEN you will definitely shave the 0-60 down from what it's factory rated at. Couple that with the VTC and it's effortless.
Old 06-19-2016, 08:34 PM   #11
Sanjay Collins

It doesn't work that way. The VTC eliminates the delay that it takes for the car to respond to each push of the pedal. If you are brake standing to raise the RPMs on an A6, like I just said, you're already holding the throttle all the way down. The VTC won't be doing anything at this point, and it will continue to do nothing since the car shifts on its own.
Old 06-19-2016, 08:34 PM   #12
dreyesforeal

Drives: 2013 camaro 2ls
Worth it, trust me. Even on sp4 or sp5 u feel the difference. Don't bother with any of the e0-9 settings tbh. Just got an elite catch can. Next is cai and mrt v2. Just to give u some ideas. Also doing jacfab ported im and spacer. Vtc is great tho don't bother with the vmax tb even tho I never had it, gut says not needed since vtc is Godly
dreyesforeal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 08:35 PM   #13
Sanjay Collins

The VMAX still adds power, it's not just about throttle response. I do agree though that you won't even notice the throttle response increase from the VMAX if you have the VTC.
Old 06-19-2016, 08:39 PM   #14
Docker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjay Collins View Post
It doesn't work that way. The VTC eliminates the delay that it takes for the car to respond to each push of the pedal. If you are brake standing to raise the RPMs on an A6, like I just said, you're already holding the throttle all the way down. The VTC won't be doing anything at this point, and it will continue to do nothing since the car shifts on its own.
Right, it improves throttle response. That's what I thought I said. Pedal to the floor is pedal to the floor, you can't go beyond 100% throttle. But you get to a higherthrottle % faster with the VTC.