Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vitesse Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons For all LFX related parts

Old 07-18-2014, 03:58 AM   #1
pinoyscorpion951

Drives: 2014 1LT A6 RS Bright Yellow
Help me spend my overtime check wisely.

Hi everyone. I'm new to these forums. I bought a 2014 bright yellow 1LT RS in May and have only made a few exterior appearance mods since I bought it. However, I've been lurking these forums since the purchase of my vehicle and have officially caught the "mod" disease. I worked 88 hours of overtime last month to fund my mod budget and finally got my check. Now, I'm looking at doing some more exterior and performance mods and want to spend this hard earned money wisely. I don't want to be one of those guys that buys something and then winds up selling it 2 months later because he found something better. Hopefully I can learn something from the wisdom of some of the posters here. I have 3800 dollars that I can spend on mods. First off, my friend gave me a K and N typhoon CAI after he upgraded his to a Rotofab unit so I already have that. Here's my list of what I would like to buy, any input would be greatly appreciated and please no "you should've got a V8 if you were going to spend that much money" comments. This is my daily driver. The V8 just was not practical from a gas and insurance standpoint.

1. VMAX ported throttle body $150 from JDP Motorsports
2. MRT V2 from Phastek $620 after 5% discount
3. Solo high flow cats from Phastek $664 after 5% discount
4. Oil catch can ????

Any other ideas as far as performance or exterior mods and prices? Any input would be helpful. Thank you all in advance.
pinoyscorpion951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 04:40 AM   #2
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Welcome to the club. Be sure to start a journal too. Post some pictures, and ENJOY.

Your list is a good start. I would contact APEX and work out a deal for all of the above items.

Take a look at my build thread, (link in my signature). All though I am a 2010 LLT, I offer many good suggestions in my list of mods.

Create a plan, balance it well between performance, handling and cosmetics. In the end you will have a GREAT performing, handling like it is on rails, AWESOME looking Camaro.

The MRT 2.0 axle back is the most popular set-up for our Camaro and you will not go wrong with that one. I get compliments daily on how great my set-up sounds.

There is a sticky thread at both the top of the LLT and LFX section that shows many of the mods and price ranges too. Be sure to check those out.

CATCH CAN, for sure you will want and need one. These are direct injected engines and no gasoline washes over the valves, so all the GUNK, that the closed system creates ends up in the intake manifold and on the valves. I have one and it collects approx. 1 oz of crap oil per 1000 miles. Think about 65 oz. of junk oil slowly pouring all over the inside of the intake and valves, what a sticky mess that would make.

Good Luck, keep us informed on what you do.
Old 07-18-2014, 05:42 AM   #3
baum

Drives: 2013 1LS, 2013 Ram 1500
umm the correct answer should be save it for a rainy day??
baum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 08:17 AM   #4
dmginc

Drives: 01 Jeep/11 HHR/14 Camaro 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by baum View Post
umm the correct answer should be save it for a rainy day??
its raining somewhere...SPEND SPEND SPEND!!!

CAI Cold Air Intake, BMR Strut Tower Brace, Gen5DIY Fog Lights,
Big Worm Third Brake Light/Side Marker Tint (Charcoal), GTS Tail Light Covers,
Purple Under Hood Lighting, Purple Gill Inserts, Purple Hood Vinyl,
Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe w/ Muffler Delete
dmginc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 11:35 AM   #5
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 2013 2LT RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoyscorpion951 View Post
Hi everyone. I'm new to these forums. I bought a 2014 bright yellow 1LT RS in May and have only made a few exterior appearance mods since I bought it. However, I've been lurking these forums since the purchase of my vehicle and have officially caught the "mod" disease. I worked 88 hours of overtime last month to fund my mod budget and finally got my check. Now, I'm looking at doing some more exterior and performance mods and want to spend this hard earned money wisely. I don't want to be one of those guys that buys something and then winds up selling it 2 months later because he found something better. Hopefully I can learn something from the wisdom of some of the posters here. I have 3800 dollars that I can spend on mods. First off, my friend gave me a K and N typhoon CAI after he upgraded his to a Rotofab unit so I already have that. Here's my list of what I would like to buy, any input would be greatly appreciated and please no "you should've got a V8 if you were going to spend that much money" comments. This is my daily driver. The V8 just was not practical from a gas and insurance standpoint.

1. VMAX ported throttle body $150 from JDP Motorsports
2. MRT V2 from Phastek $620 after 5% discount
3. Solo high flow cats from Phastek $664 after 5% discount
4. Oil catch can ????

Any other ideas as far as performance or exterior mods and prices? Any input would be helpful. Thank you all in advance.
You have the most basic mods listed which is a good start. Like rtcat said check out his build thread for ideas. You can see my mods listed below in my signature. I'm headed the 1LE route with 1LE suspension & IPF supercharger next. You need to mod the car to suite your needs. Track? Daily driver? Car shows? Only you can decide which way to go.

I track my car so I'm more on the performance side than the "looks good" side. But I do have a few exterior mods for show....
Performance Upgrades: CAI Intake, VMAX Ported Throttle Body, RX Catch Can, GM Dual mode NPP Exhaust System, 1LE Strut Brace, SS Brembo Brakes w/ Hawk HPS Pads & Goodridge brake lines, DOT4 Motul, 1LE Suspension Upgrade, 1" Eibach lowering springs.
Exterior Upgrades: Ceramic Tint 30%, Axis Allies rims 20x9(front) 20x10(rear), Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperCar G:2 Tries 285 (front) x 305 (rear), ACS T-5 Front Splitter, Oracle Lighted Rear Bowtie, rk sport spoiler.
Audio Upgrades: Image Dynamics 10" Subwoofer w/custom leather box, ID 5 Channel Amp, Audio Control LC 6, Morel 6.5" Coax Speakers
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 01:32 AM   #6
pinoyscorpion951

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
Welcome to the club. Be sure to start a journal too. Post some pictures, and ENJOY.

Your list is a good start. I would contact APEX and work out a deal for all of the above items.

Take a look at my build thread, (link in my signature). All though I am a 2010 LLT, I offer many good suggestions in my list of mods.

Create a plan, balance it well between performance, handling and cosmetics. In the end you will have a GREAT performing, handling like it is on rails, AWESOME looking Camaro.

The MRT 2.0 axle back is the most popular set-up for our Camaro and you will not go wrong with that one. I get compliments daily on how great my set-up sounds.

There is a sticky thread at both the top of the LLT and LFX section that shows many of the mods and price ranges too. Be sure to check those out.

CATCH CAN, for sure you will want and need one. These are direct injected engines and no gasoline washes over the valves, so all the GUNK, that the closed system creates ends up in the intake manifold and on the valves. I have one and it collects approx. 1 oz of crap oil per 1000 miles. Think about 65 oz. of junk oil slowly pouring all over the inside of the intake and valves, what a sticky mess that would make.

Good Luck, keep us informed on what you do.
Thanks rtcat and kaboom. I had the chance to look at your build thread rtcat. You gave me a lot of great ideas. Thanks for the tip about Apex. Got my list pretty much set as far as what I want to do and the great part is I'm way under budget. Going to use some of the OT money to take the wife and kids out for a nice dinner. Thanks for all your input. You guys are awesome and yes, I'll post pictures when I get a chance.
Old 07-19-2014, 05:38 AM   #7
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoyscorpion951 View Post
Thanks rtcat and kaboom. I had the chance to look at your build thread rtcat. You gave me a lot of great ideas. Thanks for the tip about Apex. Got my list pretty much set as far as what I want to do and the great part is I'm way under budget. Going to use some of the OT money to take the wife and kids out for a nice dinner. Thanks for all your input. You guys are awesome and yes, I'll post pictures when I get a chance.

AWESOME, you're .

Enjoy the mods, and please keep in mind once the mod bug bites, it can never be shaken.
Old 07-19-2014, 11:54 PM   #8
moE_09

Drives: 2014 v6
After I finished all my bolt ons. And got rims and tires. I realized I spent about 6K. Shudve just supercharged it
moE_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 10:32 PM   #9
pinoyscorpion951

The Aftermath

The first picture is the aftermath of my handy work. Well, I finally did it. I had a string of 4 days off so I went to work installing all the items I ordered. Looks like I might be selling a few things that I no longer need. I installed the following:

1.) Removed K&N Typhoon intake and installed CAI cold air intake and VMAX ported Throttle body.
2.) Installed Apex Catch Can
3.) Installed Solo High Flow Cats
4.) Magnaflow Resonated X-pipe and deleted stock resonators
5.) Removed stock rear diffuser and installed ZL1 diffuser to accommodate quad tip exhausts. Thanks Jason@Jacfab for the tutorial on how to remove it. Took me 3 hours but I did it .
6.) Installed MRT V2 and then cut off the MRT tips and welded on quad tips.
7.) Installed HID Xenon Bulbs and ballasts to replace the stock amber fog lights. Now more closely resembles stock.
8.) Installed led lights to replace stock amber lights above license plate frame.
9.) Racing stripes from Chevy Graphics, fender stripes and gill stripes.

Did all of it under budget and on time. Thanks you to everyone on this forum for the wealth of information that allowed me to do this. The DIY section and tutorials were awesome. And yes, I searched and searched and searched until I found all the answers I needed. Camaro5 rocks!
Attached Images

Old 08-01-2014, 11:02 PM   #10
Ole Gster

Drives: Mustang s197 , 08 F150screw
Congrats man , nice mods , keep slugging looks great , hard work builds character.
Ole Gster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 04:40 PM   #11
Jason@JacFab
Mad Scientist

Drives: 2014 1LT Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Looks like a nice hall of parts! Great work!

Specializing in attractive "no drill" front license plate brackets for the 2010+ Camaro Check out our new website! www.jacfab.com
2010 Camaro 1SS RJT w/ SIM Stripes; M6. 12.535 @ 112.33mph SOLD!
2014 Camaro 1LT RRM; A6.JacFab No-Drill front license plate bracket... More to come...
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 04:52 PM   #12
enzia35

Drives: 14 RRM 1LS
Woooo! Love that new part feel!
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 01:47 AM   #13
pinoyscorpion951

Sorry to necro this thread guys but I just wanted to give an update. So I took a lot of the long time posters' advice on spending wisely on performance and appearance mods last month and I guess you can say it paid off. Yesterday, my Camaro got featured on Hillbank Motorsports Facebook page. I got a lot of compliments on the appearance and the choice of performance after market mods I had placed in my car. Here's the link, scroll down a bit and you'll see my bright yellow 2014 there.

https://www.facebook.com/HillbankMotorsports

.......And yes, I did get the IPF power tune while I was there to dial in all the after market mods that I did.
The car runs AWESOME now!!!
Old 08-30-2014, 02:29 AM   #14
Todd in Vancouver

Drives: 2014 ZL1
The best advice I can give is listen to the experts on this forum and it looks like you are a smart guy and doing just that. Car looks killer BTW and I love the yellow with the additions you've made. Looking great!

How hard can it be...
Check out my other build http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/9...ject-Obsession

Todd in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 05:44 AM   #15
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

GREAT looking Camaro you have created for yourself. Glad it all worked out for you and received some recognition too.
Old 08-30-2014, 09:27 AM   #16
JantzenOKC

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT/RS LFX
Nice selfie, someone should starts a thread in the photo section making everyone take a selfie with their car lol
JantzenOKC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 10:51 PM   #17
Airmaster
Go Gators!

Drives: '13 Camaro and '97 Wrangler
Awesome! Didnt even have a chance to make suggestions, you're already done!