Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ModBargains
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:31 AM   #1
matteyp

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS Red JewelCoat
Headlight lense repair

Hey guys, I just bought a 2010 2ss rs and for some reason the headlight lenses seem to have a fog in the center right where the hid bulb is. It's almost like the heat from the bulb has clouded the lense right in the center. Also I have lots of tiny rock chips on the outside of the lense is there some way to repair this without having to buy new lights? Also My headlights make this odd clunking sound when I turn the brights on. Is that normal? Thanks

Matt
matteyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:44 PM   #2
Moorepheus

Drives: 2013 Dodge Charge R/T Plus AWD
The clunking sound is normal. As for the haze/fog on the bulb, you can try to get it replaced under warranty. I know, when I had mine, I had, what looked like, finger prints on the HID glass bulb. They replaced the unit under warranty. However, I had only owned the car 2 months when I noticed it. Being that you have a 2010, you might be SOL. Also, for the rock chips, I believe there is lens protectors out there you can place over the headlight, but at this point it's too late, you already have the rock chips in it.
Moorepheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:49 PM   #3
momofsix

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Had the haze/fog on the lenses...have had the car since July 2010 and our lenses and bulbs got replaced under warranty just last month...they said the parts alone were about $3500...
Old 05-15-2012, 05:04 PM   #4
matteyp

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS Red JewelCoat
well maybe ill take it to another dealership then cuz the one by my house wouldnt do it. He said after 10k those "types of things" arent covered anymore. i have 21k on the car now not sure what your mileage was at the time of repair...
matteyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 05:40 PM   #5
momofsix

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
We had 28k when they replaced them..there is a difference in dealers, we are in Ontario and heard other dealers are not replacing them or they want approval by a GM rep first...We have always dealt with the same dealer, which is the dealer we bought the car from, not sure if that makes a difference.