Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2012, 11:03 AM   #103
Ivan @ Southwest Speed
 
Ivan @ Southwest Speed's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Rio Rancho, NM
Posts: 12,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMT View Post
Don't rule out using 'fill in flash'.

You can expose for the sky, use flash to lighten up the grill area, if the flash is too strong the camera should have strength settings or you could diffuse the flash with a simple walmart type plastic bag you get when you buy gorceries. there is also 'bounce flash' techniques one can use, if you flash is flexable and you can change its angle, sometimes say bouncing off of the ceiling or a wall and onto your subject rather then directly hitting your subject.

off camera flash on a tripod type stand is even better.

with that said we tend to be 'available light' type shooters, but will use flash when required.

This change when flash is used, can't really recommend any particular setting, as it will always be differen't, but again one should fire numerous shots and select the best one in post processing.
"Fill in Flash...."

Guessing this is in Photoshop? Sounds pretty awesome.

Diggin that Bounce Flash technique as well. I've seen the diffuser bulbs/umbrellas and how they work. Pretty great idea as well.

You guys are all over the Photog Scene DaddyO! Got the knowledge and all that.

It's great learning so far....I feel that the more I shoot, the more I learn.

Great feedback...always welcomed and appreciated.

Thank you!
Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:16 PM   #104
LittleMT
user bann'd
 
LittleMT's Avatar
 
Drives: Chevy SS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Hepcat City
Posts: 1,464
no fill in flash isn't photoshop, it is camera flash or off camera flash meant to 'fill in' a specific area such as a dark grill, side panels, depending on the scene and situation, off camera flash.

Sometimes it is used also in a portrait shot during the day, to avoid shadows in faces.

the term 'clone stamping' used earlier is in regards to photoshop. It is a tool which allows you to clone in or out certian images in your picture. With the clone stamp tool, you can select area, copy it, and use it elsewhere in the image. This is how Josh eliminates the rig that is on a car during his rig shots, he clone stamps it out, which is what can be done when a reflection of the photographer is caught in a body panel
__________________

Chantilly Lace, the 2011 Rockabilly Jukebox..ADM built..617rwhp, geared A6.
LittleMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:18 PM   #105
Ivan @ Southwest Speed
 
Ivan @ Southwest Speed's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Rio Rancho, NM
Posts: 12,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMT View Post
no fill in flash isn't photoshop, it is camera flash or off camera flash meant to 'fill in' a specific area such as a dark grill, side panels, depending on the scene and situation, off camera flash.

Sometimes it is used also in a portrait shot during the day, to avoid shadows in faces.

the term 'clone stamping' used earlier is in regards to photoshop. It is a tool which allows you to clone in or out certian images in your picture. With the clone stamp tool, you can select area, copy it, and use it elsewhere in the image. This is how Josh eliminates the rig that is on a car during his rig shots, he clone stamps it out, which is what can be done when a reflection of the photographer is caught in a body panel
I need me a Ps Wookie.....step my editing game up.

Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:12 PM   #106
ZoMBiE_KMF
Camaro Club of NM
 
ZoMBiE_KMF's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 2SS/RS, Sold: [COTW 2/20/12]
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 1,568
CCNM donating coats to the Town of Bernalillo today.

Few pics I took today ...
Attached Images
                      
__________________
My Build Thread:
ZoMBiE_KMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:39 PM   #107
Ocikat

 
Ocikat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2LT 45th convertible
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 949
Great photos Lawrence, thanks for posting !!
__________________
Top Ten Reasons I Procrastinate

1.
Ocikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:26 AM   #108
Ivan @ Southwest Speed
 
Ivan @ Southwest Speed's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Rio Rancho, NM
Posts: 12,193
Awesome!!
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:05 AM   #109
LittleMT
user bann'd
 
LittleMT's Avatar
 
Drives: Chevy SS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Hepcat City
Posts: 1,464
bangin!
__________________

Chantilly Lace, the 2011 Rockabilly Jukebox..ADM built..617rwhp, geared A6.
LittleMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:27 PM   #110
LittleMT
user bann'd
 
LittleMT's Avatar
 
Drives: Chevy SS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Hepcat City
Posts: 1,464
a few from Fastinos using my new little Sony Cyber Shot point and shoot.





































HDR shots coming next...
__________________

Chantilly Lace, the 2011 Rockabilly Jukebox..ADM built..617rwhp, geared A6.
LittleMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:59 PM   #111
Ivan @ Southwest Speed
 
Ivan @ Southwest Speed's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Rio Rancho, NM
Posts: 12,193
Oh yeah!!!! Still shooting! Lmao. Heading outside again. Great shots tonight. Big hats off to Lou for the assist tonight. In the zone!!! Thank you.
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:33 AM   #112
Ocikat

 
Ocikat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2LT 45th convertible
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 949


Great photos, I particularly like this one on Vince & Genny's car
__________________
Top Ten Reasons I Procrastinate

1.
Ocikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:00 AM   #113
Lu
 
Lu's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 GTO
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NM
Posts: 111
Here are the HDR shots from the Sony A65.

All HDR, which I am not the biggest fan of, but, it is fun to shoot this way from time to time, as they can be unique. I did three levels of HDR, some very mild, and some surreal wild.

















































































__________________

Sweet Maybellene......
571 RWHP - 11.44@122mph at a DA of 6500ft
Lu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:54 AM   #114
andredmg
Big Nasty
 
andredmg's Avatar
 
Drives: Chevys lots of em
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Albuquerque NM
Posts: 930
This pic is killer

__________________
andredmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:54 AM   #115
Ivan @ Southwest Speed
 
Ivan @ Southwest Speed's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Rio Rancho, NM
Posts: 12,193
Hey now!! Those are sick! from the pinstripes on TMacs hood, to the bugs on the windshield of Howards Goldwing to me not showing my thong....excellent shots!! I'll post mine tonight! I need to pull em off the Camera! Thanks for the pics and coming out! See you Friday! ;0

Ok...tonight here!

Let's roll.
Attached Images
             

Last edited by Ivan @ Southwest Speed; 12-03-2012 at 11:44 PM.
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:03 AM   #116
LittleMT
user bann'd
 
LittleMT's Avatar
 
Drives: Chevy SS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Hepcat City
Posts: 1,464
nice.....
__________________

Chantilly Lace, the 2011 Rockabilly Jukebox..ADM built..617rwhp, geared A6.
LittleMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:17 AM   #117
Ivan @ Southwest Speed
 
Ivan @ Southwest Speed's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Rio Rancho, NM
Posts: 12,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMT View Post
nice.....
Thanks Good Sir! That /1.8 lens makes a monster of a difference!

Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:24 AM   #118
LittleMT
user bann'd
 
LittleMT's Avatar
 
Drives: Chevy SS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Hepcat City
Posts: 1,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan @ Southwest Speed View Post
Thanks Good Sir! That /1.8 lens makes a monster of a difference!

Ivan
if you can find a way to snag the 50mm f/1.4, do it, the images from this gem really pop and have that 'pro' look. Another lenses to look for, but is hard to find is the 28mm f/1.8..

IMO the nifty fifty f/1.8 is a great auto focusing prime, its manual focus kinda blows due to the design of the lens..

the 50mm f/1.4 is the one for manual focus...

the 28mm is a older lens that sells for around $450 on canons site, the 50mm f/1.4 is around $339... both pieces of glass superior to the nifty fifty, the nifty fifty though is a must own and what a bargain, refurbs were going for $80, bestbuy $119 brand new.....

I still see the above lenses rather cheap, as the 50mm f/1.2 fetches a good $1299.

50mm on your aps-c crop sensor is a somewhat long focal length, the 28mm is a nice wide angle for some of those...'freaky'...shots.
__________________

Chantilly Lace, the 2011 Rockabilly Jukebox..ADM built..617rwhp, geared A6.
LittleMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:13 AM   #119
Ivan @ Southwest Speed
 
Ivan @ Southwest Speed's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Rio Rancho, NM
Posts: 12,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMT View Post
if you can find a way to snag the 50mm f/1.4, do it, the images from this gem really pop and have that 'pro' look. Another lenses to look for, but is hard to find is the 28mm f/1.8..

IMO the nifty fifty f/1.8 is a great auto focusing prime, its manual focus kinda blows due to the design of the lens..

the 50mm f/1.4 is the one for manual focus...

the 28mm is a older lens that sells for around $450 on canons site, the 50mm f/1.4 is around $339... both pieces of glass superior to the nifty fifty, the nifty fifty though is a must own and what a bargain, refurbs were going for $80, bestbuy $119 brand new.....

I still see the above lenses rather cheap, as the 50mm f/1.2 fetches a good $1299.

50mm on your aps-c crop sensor is a somewhat long focal length, the 28mm is a nice wide angle for some of those...'freaky'...shots.
Good advice as always.. I've spied that 50 f/1.4 for a while now. I figure that's my next piece of glass as it's much easier on the wallet than the f/1.2.

I dunno, if I could dedicate the time I'd like to actually shoot then it might be a smarter buy to step up to that 1.2 however. I mean, heck, with all the damn pics I take, it seems to be a better bang for the buck.

Guess I have my eyes peeled for two lenses now....thanks. LOL
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
camaro club, ccnm

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.