Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 05-14-2012, 12:14 PM   #1
Leah's 2SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Summit
Issues with new install

Hi there!

I have a 2010 2SS/RS. This weekend, Best Buy installed Infinity speakers (front and back), a Polk amp and Kicker sub. I’m waiting to replace head unit in hopes of a new kit coming out. Will be ready for when one does! I’ve got a few issues and have an appointment tomorrow to take it back in.

1.) Before, when I turned off the key, my radio would stay on until I opened my driver door. Now, the sound turns off immediately when I turn the key off, but the radio is on. Is there going to be a fix to put it back to normal? I called today to give them a heads up before my appointment in case they need to do some research. The guy did not have the answer but said he would try to find out. Hoping y’all have some ideas. My kingdom for the answer!

2.) There is a whine and a “click” going on.

3.) Some tweaking and I need a little training with the amp. Back speakers barely put out sound at current setting and I have a “can” type of sound.

First issue is the biggie.

Thanks a bunch for your time!

Leah

Leah's 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:53 PM   #2
sb101985

Drives: 2011 2LT RS Yellow w/Black Stripe
Is the Polk amplifier being used to power the highs, as well as the sub? If so it is likely that the remote turn on wire was just taken from an accessory wire such as the cigarette lighter, rather than the factory head unit's remote on, and it just goes off when the car is off, even is the stereo is still on. Best Buy likely would have just used a high level converter for the amplifier inputs, which are known to not produce the greatest sound quality. So, that may be the reason for 2 and 3. The best resolution for this would be to use the Subthump harness (if you had the factory Boston Acoustic system) for the remote turn on and amplifier inputs, as this would likely fix all of your issues.
sb101985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:01 PM   #3
Leah's 2SS

Hi there, Thanks so much for your response. I really appreciate it!

I'm not sure if both are powering the highs, but I will print off your response and take it with me. I do have the factory Boston Acoustic System for now. Keeping fingers crossed that they can fix me up! Must have good tunes.

So where do I mail my kingdom? It's bigger than a bread box.

Thanks again!

Leah

Old 05-17-2012, 03:19 PM   #4
Leah's 2SS

Vicious Circle

Okay, so issues 1 and 2 were taken care of. 3, not so much.

Installer could not get the back 6x9 Infinity speakers to crank up at all. Totally weak, sound like poo, no bass at all super low volume. Doors sound okay. He said that the BA head unit will only put out so much. Polk amp is still in. Sub out, returned.

He took long cables, hooked up their $70 Kenwood used for testing to my amp so I could see what a cheapo would do with current setup. It sounded great, very healthy. His iPod going through amp did as well.

SO, I decided the answer was to brace self, bite the bullet and upgrade to a high-end double DIN. Tried to track down a Scosche dash kit. No distributors have them. Called Scosche directly, they will not be available until AUGUST! It all just blows. Don’t want Metra.

Question: What are the chances the Infinity speakers will sound better than originals if the BA amp is re-installed? Best to go back total stock until I can upgrade completely? I have an appointment for Tuesday to do whatever.

Suggestions from anyone on how to get better sound with the original head unit and amp would be appreciated. Looking for clarity, not a big time thumper, but I like decent bass with fade a tad to the back. Rock music.

Seriously want to be done with this for now. Ready to enjoy my Camaro again!

Thanks for your time!

Old 05-17-2012, 04:21 PM   #5
Kevinshawnm
Biggz

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS L99 Rally Yellow
You would have got a much cleaner sound if you just replaced the 7 speakers (6x9's, Door's, Tweeters, and Center) and continued with the BA amplifier. The whine is likely coming from ground wire ran along side the Rca's. What did he use to get signal, and for remote?
Kevinshawnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 04:32 PM   #6
Leah's 2SS

I'm not sure what he used to get signal and for remote.

You nailed the problem for the whine. He did get that fixed.

So from what you are saying, it sounds like if I have the BA amplifier put back in and keep the Infinity speakers, it should sound a lot better. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is the case since I'm pretty limited as to what can be done. Think this is the route to go?

Thanks for your response. I appreciate it!

Old 05-17-2012, 05:01 PM   #7
darkrider01
Aural Assault Vehicle

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS, 2014 Cruze 1LT/RS
The Infinity speakers will sound better than the factory Bostons, but god only knows how BestBuy has wired your 6x9's in the rear. The factory Boston amp has different channels for the woofers and tweeters for the factory 6 x 9's. I'd be willing to bet that BestBuy has your 6x9's hooked up incorrectly.

You really should print out the wiring diagrams form this thread and take them to BestBuy. The diagrams should allow BestBuy to get your stuff straight. Did they leave the factory Boston amp in your car to power anything when they put the Polk amp in? The factory BA system is such a mess.
Audio Mods * Stinger SPP 2250 Battery * Pioneer DEX-P99RS * Pioneer AVH-X7500BT * Scosche Dash Kit * 2 - Mosconi AS200.4 * 2 - JL Audio 13W6v2 * Focal 165KRX2 Power (active) * Mosconi Gladen One 240.2 * Rockford Fosgate Power T1692
darkrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 05:42 PM   #8
Leah's 2SS

That is exactly what freaks me out. Feels like my car has been mutilated. The 6x9's should sound a heck of alot better than the doors and they are putting out VERY little sound at all. The sound that they ARE putting out is trash.

They did not leave the Boston amp in. I would give ANYTHING if I had known about that SubThump Harness thing, so it would not have been removed. Scares me that something is not going to go right on Tuesday.

Thank you for the link. I will print that off for sure and take it with me. Hope he doesn't think I'm trying to insult his intelligence. I just need for it to sound like it did OR BETTER. Will have him let me hear the speakers with the orig amp and decide where to go from there.

I appreciate your help.

Last edited by Leah's 2SS; 05-17-2012 at 06:02 PM.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:36 PM   #9
=Stephens=

Drives: 2011 LS
Look into alpines dash kit. I got that one for mine, cost 299 for the kit. They sell them on alpines website.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:05 AM   #10
Kevinshawnm
Biggz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah's 2SS View Post
I'm not sure what he used to get signal and for remote.

You nailed the problem for the whine. He did get that fixed.

So from what you are saying, it sounds like if I have the BA amplifier put back in and keep the Infinity speakers, it should sound a lot better. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is the case since I'm pretty limited as to what can be done. Think this is the route to go?

Thanks for your response. I appreciate it!
Yes have them re-Install your factory amp.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:35 AM   #11
FIREWOLFF

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Rally Yellow
Where in Texas are you? I would never have Best Buy put my stuff in.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:07 AM   #12
Leah's 2SS

Stephen: Thanks for that, but I checked with Alpine. They do not have any either.

The more I thought about it the more ticked I got. So called Best Buy last night. Having to wait until Tuesday? Unacceptable period. Wanted to talk to the manager or someone. The original installer quickly said he would look at it right then before going home.

Darkrider: You were right. It took a couple of hours to find that wires WERE indeed switched. He said at one point he was ready to “RIP IT OUT” (ouch) and put the old BA back in. SCAREY. That's my baby!

On to sound... I definitely do get volume now that I did not get with stock. What I wish I had the answer to is: would it sound best with the original BA amp or the Polk amp with the Infinity speakers?

Will be weighing everything out over the weekend. Still have the appointment Tuesday, though I SERIOUSLY do not want for it to be touched again. Sick tummy feeling. When ready to upgrade fully, I WILL find a specialized installer in the area. Lesson learned. Any recommendations in the D/FW area would be greatly appreciated.

Firewolff: I’m in the D/FW area.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:51 AM   #13
darkrider01
Aural Assault Vehicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah's 2SS View Post
Stephen: Thanks for that, but I checked with Alpine. They do not have any either.

The more I thought about it the more ticked I got. So called Best Buy last night. Having to wait until Tuesday? Unacceptable period. Wanted to talk to the manager or someone. The original installer quickly said he would look at it right then before going home.

Darkrider: You were right. It took a couple of hours to find that wires WERE indeed switched. He said at one point he was ready to “RIP IT OUT” (ouch) and put the old BA back in. SCAREY. That's my baby!

On to sound... I definitely do get volume now that I did not get with stock. What I wish I had the answer to is: would it sound best with the original BA amp or the Polk amp with the Infinity speakers?

Will be weighing everything out over the weekend. Still have the appointment Tuesday, though I SERIOUSLY do not want for it to be touched again. Sick tummy feeling. When ready to upgrade fully, I WILL find a specialized installer in the area. Lesson learned. Any recommendations in the D/FW area would be greatly appreciated.

Firewolff: I’m in the D/FW area.
I would say that the Polk amp should sound way better than the BA amp. When I first got my car, I replaced the BA amp with an old Alpine 3527S I had collecting dust in my garage. The little Alpine puts out 25x4 @ 4 ohm (100w total) or 50x4 @ 2 ohm and it spanked the BA amp. The BA amp supposedly puts out 245w, but it doesn't sound like it to me. The little Alpine sounds....fuller?

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that you had the Polk Audio PA200.4 put in. If that is the case, make sure the X-overs are set to "full" and make sure the Bass EQ is set to 0dB. The gains should really bet set to 0. If they are not set to 0, I would turn them down to 0 (MIN). If it doesn't get loud enough for you, you can adjust the gains up. The head unit puts out a high level, so the gains shouldn't need to really be higher than 0 (MIN). See the pic below.

Audio Mods * Stinger SPP 2250 Battery * Pioneer DEX-P99RS * Pioneer AVH-X7500BT * Scosche Dash Kit * 2 - Mosconi AS200.4 * 2 - JL Audio 13W6v2 * Focal 165KRX2 Power (active) * Mosconi Gladen One 240.2 * Rockford Fosgate Power T1692
Old 05-18-2012, 12:10 PM   #14
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
darkrider is the man!

Yeah, I would advise against putting the stock BA amp back in to replace the Polk. I think that any aftermarket amp would sound better than the BA amp.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:47 PM   #15
Kevinshawnm
Biggz

I only suggested to have the BA amp put back as a way for Best Buy to return her vehicle to stock, Almost any aftermarket amplifier would sound better that the stock. The Op said they wanted the vehicle put back to stock.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:23 PM   #16
Leah's 2SS

WOW! What started out to be a OH YEAH, better rockin’ kind of day just turned to poo. The amp keeps going off and on. Can't believe it! If I were to go back to Best Buy, this would make 5 trips. Not happenin'.

So, this is my plan: With it sounding quite a bit better, I need to find someone to pay, who is experienced with Camaro's just to run through my system and make it the best it can be as it stands.

Does anyone recommend Car Toys or know of someone in the DFW area?

Darkrider: Thank you so much for all of that. I got the Polk PA660. Photo on my box looks just about like the photo you posted. Later I will take a photo of how mine is set and compare to your recommended settings. That is exactly how I see it, too. Sounds more full.

Iwantone2: I’m so glad ya’ll agree. Especially knowing I am definitely going to upgrade my head unit and everything would have to be changed out again. If only I could find a Scosche kit!!

Kevin: I completely understand. It’s been so frustrating, I was ready to go back fully stock. Pretty sure you were getting that, so thanks.

Old 05-18-2012, 05:29 PM   #17
Kevinshawnm
Biggz

Make them put everything back to stock, and give you a refund. Take it to a reputable shop that has a MECP certified installer.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:35 PM   #18
darkrider01
Aural Assault Vehicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinshawnm View Post
Make them put everything back to stock, and give you a refund. Take it to a reputable shop that has a MECP certified installer.
If they would do that, it would be awesome. I have doubts, but BestBuy may be trying to polish up on their customer service since they're currently in a little bit of financial hot water right now.

Best of luck bro. I can tell you that the right amp makes a ton of difference.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:31 PM   #19
Leah's 2SS

Definitely going to lay it out to the manager and see what my options are. Had a lot of grease to clean off trunk, driver & passenger door today. Just do not want for them to work on it anymore. Tough situation, but I'll get it all taken care of for sure.

I really appreciate all of your responses. Once it's resolved, I will post the outcome.

Thanks again and have a great weekend!

Old 05-19-2012, 08:37 AM   #20
ecko04

Drives: Too many to list
Wow...sorry to hear about the issues you're having.

Here's a few things.

1) Best Buy installers, the vast majority because it's a job requirement after 6 months, are MECP certified.

2) Just like you wouldn't want to pitch a fit with a mechanic working on your vehicle, also don't pitch a fit with the car audio installers. Now, i'm not suggesting you bite your tongue. What I suggest is you tell them what you like about the install and what you don't like, i.e. making numerous trips to have your vehicle looked at for problems.

3) Understand Best Buy installs work off appointments, yes sometimes there is a lull or a customer might not show up, but by-and-large installs are based on appointments. So if they're scheduled out for 2 to 3 days, that's because there are other jobs. Would you rather make an appointment where you know they're expecting you or drop your car off and wait 6 hours before they can get to it?

4) Best Buy has access to some of the best vehicle schematics available, you don't need to print off anything from this forum or any other if the installer knows how to access their autotech resources.

5) You should have them disconnect the center channel. That thing is practically useless.

6) The Polk PA amps are great. They are 200x better than your BA amp. However, Polk had a batch of defective PA amps shipped over the past few months. These amps are failing prematurely and going into protection mode. This has nothing to do with the install. I'm not saying that's what's happening with your amp, but there are things that occur that have nothing to do with the install.

7) I strongly suggest you buy "Black Tie" on your components. There is no repairing speakers, amps and subs. If a speaker blows or if an amp goes bad, it's replaced. Basically, Best Buy gives you the money back and you can purchase the amp and/or speakers of your choice. I've had one Polk DXi component go bad within 2 months of purchase, speaker was reading 8 ohms, and Best Buy replaced it, no questions asked.

8) Don't demand they give you money back. You can speak with the install bay supervisor and/or manager and calmly describe your experience. In most cases, they understand the calm customer's frustration and will offer something other that "we'll make it right or i'm sorry" in extreme cases. However, most companies operating procedures to refund labor after the work has been completed.

9) Are they aware that your system was factory amplified? Did they do the appropriate "amp-bypass" to interface with your new 4-channel? Not doing that appropriately is the only reason I can think of as to why your rear speakers sounded horrible. I think you mentioned them fixing this problem already though.

Lastly, understand that problems do arise and people make mistakes. Not all installers are created equal and not all jobs go according to plan. This is the case regardless of where you get the work done. At this point, nothing is "broken" and everything is fixable, which is great. It sucks it had to be your vehicle, but I would think they'll get everything fixed for you and to your liking.

Hell, if they can't get it right, drive to PA and i'll take care of it for you

'12 Volkswagen Jetta SE
'12 Chevrolet Camaro
'11 Harley Fat Bob
'11 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L
'05 Mercedes E500 W211
'01 BMW 328xi
'89 Chevrolet Suburban
ecko04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 05:16 PM   #21
Kevinshawnm
Biggz

1. I know several installers at Best Buy that Have been there for several years that are not MECP certified

2. If someone screws up your Brand new vehicle Whom you've paid by all means DEMAND that you get what you paid for.

3. Screw and appointment! If your there after your initial appt that means they didnt perform their job correctly the 1st time, I mean why let them screw up 10 more vehicles before they can finish the scheduled demolition of yours?

4. Vehicle Schematics are available are over the net.

5. The center channel is not that bad for daily use. I mean you wouldnt be at Best Buy getting your install done if you were worried about the next IASCA double pts event.

6. The Polk Amplifiers are better than the BA Amplifier, But there are Amplifiers 200x better than the Polk amp in the same price range.

7. Screw Black Tie!!!! If these sold called "PROFFESIONALS" Installed the equiptment right the 1st time you wouldnt have to worry about premature failure. The problem the OP is having is due to and Installer that clearly has no idea what he is doing!

8. Demand your Money Back!!! Check the satifaction Guarantee policy.

9. Im not trying to Put anyone down, But its not like the OP had a shadetree installer do the install in and alley. Best Buy is well known for their lack of install skill, and knowledge. Ive seen TOOO mant reputable shops shut down because they couldnt compete with these corporate Giants.
Old 05-20-2012, 09:08 AM   #22
ecko04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinshawnm View Post
1. I know several installers at Best Buy that Have been there for several years that are not MECP certified

2. If someone screws up your Brand new vehicle Whom you've paid by all means DEMAND that you get what you paid for.

3. Screw and appointment! If your there after your initial appt that means they didnt perform their job correctly the 1st time, I mean why let them screw up 10 more vehicles before they can finish the scheduled demolition of yours?

4. Vehicle Schematics are available are over the net.

5. The center channel is not that bad for daily use. I mean you wouldnt be at Best Buy getting your install done if you were worried about the next IASCA double pts event.

6. The Polk Amplifiers are better than the BA Amplifier, But there are Amplifiers 200x better than the Polk amp in the same price range.

7. Screw Black Tie!!!! If these sold called "PROFFESIONALS" Installed the equiptment right the 1st time you wouldnt have to worry about premature failure. The problem the OP is having is due to and Installer that clearly has no idea what he is doing!

8. Demand your Money Back!!! Check the satifaction Guarantee policy.

9. Im not trying to Put anyone down, But its not like the OP had a shadetree installer do the install in and alley. Best Buy is well known for their lack of install skill, and knowledge. Ive seen TOOO mant reputable shops shut down because they couldnt compete with these corporate Giants.
1) You know several? I'm sure you do, I do too. That doesn't change the fact that most are certified. Call MECP and ask where the LARGEST number of CERTIFIED installers are...they'll gladly tell you BEST BUY! Call and ask who has the lowest number of damage claims reported to them, they'll tell you Best Buy.

2) Demand? I don't think the OP mentioned anywhere that Best Buy was claiming that there weren't any problems. According to what the OP mentioned, Best Buy has been more tan willing to address the numerous issues. They didn't tell him to go screw himself.

3) Screw an appointment? Ok, wait around for 6 hours and hope they can get to it. Do you know what the value of an appointment is? If they're smart they'll take time to research the problem prior to the appointment so they have a starting point and aren't just throwing new components at the issue, hoping it'll solve the problem. Let them screw up 10 more vehicles? So every vehicle is the same now? They're working on 10 Camaro's a day? All with BA systems? Spare me! Throwing an amp and speakers in a Scion tC is 10x easier than the Camaro. All vehicles aren't the same, don't generalize.

4) Let me know when you have access to Directechs and AllData! Let me know when you have direct numbers to the engineering who make the products. By all means if you have access to any of this, PM me because we all can benefit from it. That's not to say there isn't useful information that can be found by searching forums but they have access to more resources.

5) The center channel is GARBAGE! Anyone who knows DECENT audio quality will tell you that.

6) 200x better than Polk amps in the same price range? Really? It's a 75x4 for $200. Let me know where you can get one that's as reputable for equal or less that's brand new? My JL XD 400/4 is double the price and has the same specs (smaller footprint though). Kicker's DX 400.4 is $50 more.

7) Screw optional protection plans? Components fail, that have nothing to do with installation. I've had amps fail in 2 years and not because they were "being pushed too hard" but they just randomly failed...it happens. Reversing the leads on a speaker won't damage it! The speaker will be out-of-phase with the other speakers. The best thing about protection plans from the same place where they installed the components is they also uninstall and replace the failed component for free.

8) Demand your money back? LMAO! See how far that gets you. Labor is non-refundable. They will definitely uninstall everything for you, put it back to factory and refund the money for the physical items you purchased but install isn't going to be refunded.

Per Best Buy return policy
"Are there any items that are not returnable?

Yes. The following items are non-returnable:

Labor, delivery and/or completed Geek Squad® installation services"

If you're fed up to the point where you have NO confidence in them getting it right then that's an option for you. Depending on HOW you TALK to the manager & supervisor without DEMANDING anything, you may get further. Those people aren't out there trying to rob you or deny you have had problems.

9) You're doing exactly what you claim you're not doing. Is Best Buy the "best" no! But everyone is capable of making mistakes. Just because the vehicle is a Camaro doesn't mean anything. A Camaro doesn't gardner any extra attention. Car audio is car audio, at least in terms of the Camaro. Last I checked it didn't run the funky fiber-optic system certain German vehicles have.

The guys messed it up, give them ample opportunity to fix it. It seems as if they've been working with you and you've been working with them. However, if you've reached your breaking point, you should definitely let them know that. They haven't physically "damaged" your vehicle in any way. They haven't backed it into a pole..yet. So everything that doesn't function as you say it should is audio related and they're more than capable of fixing it. You bought the components from them so if something doesn't work, they're more than capable of grabbing a new component off the shelf.

In any case, good luck OP and if you have any questions please feel free to PM me. I wouldn't have a problem talking to you about the issues you're facing and to give you a little extra ammunition when you speak with the guys at Best Buy. At the end of the day, speakers and a 4 channel amp were installed and they should be working to your satisfaction. Whatever it takes to get to that point and working reliably should be the focus. Not listening to someone bashing your decision to have Best Buy install it.

'12 Volkswagen Jetta SE
'12 Chevrolet Camaro
'11 Harley Fat Bob
'05 Mercedes E500 W211
'01 BMW 328xi
'89 Chevrolet Suburban
Old 05-20-2012, 11:07 AM   #23
thahemp
Geek

Drives: 2012 Black LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko04 View Post
3) Screw an appointment? Ok, wait around for 6 hours and hope they can get to it. Do you know what the value of an appointment is? If they're smart they'll take time to research the problem prior to the appointment so they have a starting point and aren't just throwing new components at the issue, hoping it'll solve the problem. Let them screw up 10 more vehicles? So every vehicle is the same now? They're working on 10 Camaro's a day? All with BA systems? Spare me! Throwing an amp and speakers in a Scion tC is 10x easier than the Camaro. All vehicles aren't the same, don't generalize.
Hah. The funny thing is... the install in the Camaro is actually 10x easier than a TC. You don't have to run power through the firewall. You don't have to run RCAs down the door sills. I have never done an easier amp/subs install than THIS car.

x = ac97968bd3df8f968c8cd3df998a9c94d3df9c8a918bd3df9c 909c94df8c8a9c949a8dd3df92908b979a8ddf998a9c949a8d d3df8b968b8cd1
x = ~x
thahemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 12:38 PM   #24
ecko04

Quote:
Originally Posted by thahemp View Post
Hah. The funny thing is... the install in the Camaro is actually 10x easier than a TC. You don't have to run power through the firewall. You don't have to run RCAs down the door sills. I have never done an easier amp/subs install than THIS car.
Yet you'd be only partially correct. The battery being in the trunk is only 1 benefit and depending on the type of LOC and amp bypass, RCAs may have still needed to be run from the back of the radio. The OP had a 4 channel amp installed with speakers as well. It wasn't just a LOC and monoblock. I chose the comparison to the tC because I owned one. The tC has huge rubber grommets capable of running 0/1 awg wires. The tC radio is removed by 2 screws and 2 10mm bolts, unlike removing the entire center console in the Camaro. Rear speakers in the tC are easily done, unlike removing the entire rear section of the Camaro. Also, the tC is a hatch, there are less panels to remove.

With that being said the tC is easier in terms of speakers, amps, subs and remote starts. But what do I know. I've only been doing this for 7 years and MECP advanced certified. This is a hobby for me and my experience is nothing compared to those who have made this their career. To them, no vehicle is difficult, only time consuming.

This wasn't meant to a this vs. that post. It's meant to say don't generalize, all cars and all installs aren't the same. I'm sure had the OP known the install would be problematic, he would've gotten the harness from Subthump to makes bypassing the BA amp cake and interfacing with aftermarket amps and speakers a smoooth process...even for installers.

'12 Volkswagen Jetta SE
'12 Chevrolet Camaro
'11 Harley Fat Bob
'05 Mercedes E500 W211
'01 BMW 328xi
'89 Chevrolet Suburban

Last edited by ecko04; 05-20-2012 at 12:52 PM.
Old 05-20-2012, 12:51 PM   #25
Kevinshawnm
Biggz

I did Received Labor, and much more back After my Mustang caught fire after my Best Buy experience!!!! If anyone is on here from Trotwood Ohio they can verify my story, It burnt in their install bay!