Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-15-2012, 01:06 AM   #1
ReD10Camaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS with mods
concerned.

okay i just got my BBK LT's installed with my flowmaster exhaust and i was just concerned since i don't have a tune will they run my engine to rich and cause damage of some sort its running really good but i just don't want damage caused to my car i plan to get a tune soon but it is my daily driver and of coarse my CEL is on but just any info??
MODS: BBK LT headers With H/F Cats Ceramic - Flowmaster american thunder axle back exhaust - 20" american racing Rim - racing stripe package - K&N Typhoon CAI -tinted bow ties- tinted tail lights - Windows tinted 10% Visibility- custom interior lighting - enhanced sound (2 10" kicker CVR
ReD10Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:33 AM   #2
ReD10Camaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS with mods
one more thing when i smell my dipstick i smell I'm thinking is a very faint smell of gas???
MODS: BBK LT headers With H/F Cats Ceramic - Flowmaster american thunder axle back exhaust - 20" american racing Rim - racing stripe package - K&N Typhoon CAI -tinted bow ties- tinted tail lights - Windows tinted 10% Visibility- custom interior lighting - enhanced sound (2 10" kicker CVR
ReD10Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:34 AM   #3
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
You are moving more air, so you will not run richer. I have the prototype BBK LT headers on my car and have had them for two plus years with zero issues. I drove several months without the tune getting taken care of. After I had it tuned, it made a huge difference.

As of today, I'm in the ZL1's power range, without a blower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-15-2012, 07:44 AM   #4
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 View Post
You are moving more air, so you will not run richer. I have the prototype BBK LT headers on my car and have had them for two plus years with zero issues. I drove several months without the tune getting taken care of. After I had it tuned, it made a huge difference.

As of today, I'm in the ZL1's power range, without a blower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's not just from the headers though. What other mods have you done?
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote