Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery All Camaro related pictures, videos and other assorted media.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2007, 01:46 PM   #176
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 25,704
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
There are 3 Bumblebee Camaro's being built and given out to winners of a contest. The paint on Bumblebee (and the 3 special editions) is a special paint.
One which would be stupid-expensive to offer as a normal color.
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Before You Post.
Past: 2012 Camaro ZL1 (For sale through Tom Henry Chevrolet)

Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 01:50 PM   #177
Emher
Pillaging Viking
 
Emher's Avatar
 
Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,205
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
Yeah that's pretty much my argument that it won't be an option. Sucks really since I love that color.
__________________
"Fifty years from now, when you're looking back at your life, don't you want to be able to say you had the guts to get in the car?"
Emher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 01:50 PM   #178
EllwynX


 
EllwynX's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Southern NJ
Posts: 2,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emher View Post
Okay I don't for sure "know" that its' not going to be an option. I just think it's very unlikely. And if it is an option it will either be a special edition or VERY expensive.

Or so I guess at least. I hope I'm wrong. I hope it's an option. If it is, I'm sure as hell spending that extra money.
It's been stated that the 'Bumblebee Yellow' color was a VERY expensive paint job. There may be a yellow, but it won't be 'Bumblebee Yellow' per se.

Unless, that is, you win one of the Bumblebee Camaro's from the Transformers contest. lol
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 01:55 PM   #179
Emher
Pillaging Viking
 
Emher's Avatar
 
Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,205
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
Yeah, well, I can't even enter the contest. European here. But I just need a nice yellow...
__________________
"Fifty years from now, when you're looking back at your life, don't you want to be able to say you had the guts to get in the car?"
Emher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 06:06 PM   #180
stovt001


 
stovt001's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Posts: 3,817
Wow, miss a week, miss a lot in Camaroland. A little late, but here are my observations on this pic:

1. Rear vents in front of rear wheels seems to be gone or reduced in visibility. I like this, as I prefer a clearer look. Less stuff added on is better, IMHO.
2. I saw some posts saying people hope the fin antenna doesn't stay. Why is this? I certainly think it is better than a mast-type antenna. I was hoping all along that we'd get a fin antenna.
3. Mirrors look ok, but look like they stick out a little too much.
4. Wheels look great and are an excellent size. I'd be happy to see those on the production car.
5. The b-pillar looks exactly like I anticipated. Not bad at all. I really don't mind it being added on.

Everything is looking pretty good for how this car is turning out.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 06:53 PM   #181
stovt001


 
stovt001's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Posts: 3,817
After actually reading this thread, some more thoughts:

Fbodfather, we are so lucky to have you and everyone else you have mentioned. I believe you when you say Chevy will make this the best car we have ever owned, and it is very encouraging. This isn't just some corporate suits making a car with a classic nameplate just to squeeze sales from the fans. This is honestly all about a fantastic product.

I agree that there are no bad angles of this car. And I understand how Scott feels about people rushing to bad judgments because of a bad photo. I'm glad most of the reactions have been positive. To me it doesn't look like it gained weight or anything.

OK, so it looks like the rear vents are still there. Oh well, they're not bad either. I can live with that.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 07:32 PM   #182
Camino LS6
 
Drives: '98 Firehawk Prototype
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 6
The Bumblebee color is not only expensive, but can't realistically be done on a mass production line - it simply takes too much time.

Sweet color though.
Camino LS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 08:15 PM   #183
WillInThe04Ranger
 
WillInThe04Ranger's Avatar
 
Drives: 04 Ranger, 95 Camaro
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Posts: 684
Send a message via AIM to WillInThe04Ranger
WHat is it like a black base and the a kind of yellow/goldish metalicy?
__________________
America's Manififest Destiny, Rollin On Radials
WillInThe04Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 11:33 PM   #184
ScorpionX
 
Drives: 2006 Fusion
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 4
All I can say is wow. I'm like a little kid counting down the days to christmas.
ScorpionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 02:12 AM   #185
hftech
 
Drives: 2000 Chevy Camaro Z28!
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Hampton VA
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
And no, I won't tell you what they are! (I'd love to -- but there is more than just a couple of Black Suburbans these days......)
LOL I wouldn't expect you to. I know how rough it is keeping all this secret but know it's for the best.
hftech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 07:31 AM   #186
fastball
White 'n Nerdy
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 1,634
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
2. I saw some posts saying people hope the fin antenna doesn't stay. Why is this? I certainly think it is better than a mast-type antenna. I was hoping all along that we'd get a fin antenna.

That fin antenna is for satellite radio and OnStar. The regular AM/FM radio antenna is imprinted into the rear window with the rear defrost. I think GM is among the worst at integrating that satellite radio antenna into the roof lines of any car mfg. You look at Honda, BMW, or VW/Audi and their fin antennas are body color, made with a better grade material, and they fit completely snug and tight to the roof so they don't disturb the roof lines very much.

My Mom has a 2007 Buick Lucerne. Her car is silver, and the sat. antenna sticks out the roof like a sore thumb. It's black, made of a cheap flimsy plastic, and doesn't fit snug to the contour of the roof angle.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 08:09 AM   #187
camaro10
 
camaro10's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45TH Anniversary SS
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Thank you for the very very kind words -- and as I read thru this entire thread, once again I realize just how much this car is loved..... -- and that's a very emtional thing for all of us at Chevy and GM who love/work on the new Camaro.

I can't take credit for the new Camaro. Yes - I refused to let anyone forget Camaro (and Firebird) -- yes, I constantly wore my Camaro shirts and jackets and ties to work every day. Yes, I came close to b**chslapping ANYONE who even THOUGHT of saying "Give it up -- it's dead" -- and yes, I refused to disappear on the various sites and yes I refused to stop saying "Have Faith"

.......now -- all of that said -- it is people like Bob Lutz and Ed Wellburn and Tom Peters and Cheryl Pilcher and Doug Houlihan and Bob Boniface and John Fitzpatrick and Ed Peper and a TON of other people that are responsible for the new Camaro. Keep in mind that Rick Wagoner's (our Chairman) first car was a 1972 Camaro...................... (how do you like THEM apples???) --
I have been priviledged to have my own lil part of the new Camaro -- and I'm so very thankful that the Camaro team at Chevy has scheduled many a meeting around my auto show schedule so that I could take part in the many discussions and decisions that impact this great car.

The name Fbodfather is both a source of pride -- and yes, an embarrassment to me -- because you see -- there are those who deserve the name more than I -- esp. people like Hank Haga and Don McPherson and Pete Estes and Bob Lund and so many others who brought us the original.

So -- thank you for the kind words -- but I just ask that you keep in mind that it takes MANY MANY MANY people to bring you a truly great car -- and it is our intention to make your next new Camaro -- THE BEST AUTOMOBILE YOU EVER OWNED.........PERIOD!

Have Faith!
Fantastic words! I love to hear an insider re-assuring us! You, no doubt, have a job most of us are so envious of, helping to develop cars, not to mention re-incarnating an icon, the fantastic CAMARO!! All I can say is thank you to YOU for not loosing the faith! one request though if I may....the vents in front of the rear wheels....PUNCH THEM THROUGH PLEASE!! Ok, thanks, I feel better now! I'll have one either way
camaro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 08:56 AM   #188
camaro10
 
camaro10's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45TH Anniversary SS
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post

So -- thank you for the kind words -- but I just ask that you keep in mind that it takes MANY MANY MANY people to bring you a truly great car -- and it is our intention to make your next new Camaro -- THE BEST AUTOMOBILE YOU EVER OWNED.........PERIOD!

Have Faith!
Scott, It's that last paragraph that makes me feel great and prideful inside! It's attitudes like that that will finally b**chslap all the import loving media when they can't come up with anything negative to say about American cars anymore. I'm glad the team is taking the time to make this a world class car!

again!!
camaro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 12:50 PM   #189
stovt001


 
stovt001's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Posts: 3,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
That fin antenna is for satellite radio and OnStar. The regular AM/FM radio antenna is imprinted into the rear window with the rear defrost. I think GM is among the worst at integrating that satellite radio antenna into the roof lines of any car mfg. You look at Honda, BMW, or VW/Audi and their fin antennas are body color, made with a better grade material, and they fit completely snug and tight to the roof so they don't disturb the roof lines very much.

My Mom has a 2007 Buick Lucerne. Her car is silver, and the sat. antenna sticks out the roof like a sore thumb. It's black, made of a cheap flimsy plastic, and doesn't fit snug to the contour of the roof angle.
Well, if we have no mast antenna, just a small fin sticking out the roof, that's still far and away a better design. Now if they can cover the sat antenna into a nice fitting body colored fin and keep the AM/FM antenna in the rear window I think it will all look very nice indeed.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 03:39 PM   #190
Camino LS6
 
Drives: '98 Firehawk Prototype
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillInThe04Ranger View Post
WHat is it like a black base and the a kind of yellow/goldish metalicy?
As I recall, it is a three step process that would require that the car be removed form the line and painted in a separate area. I can't remember all of the details, but I believe that there would be some time that the car would need to sit and cure before the next step. So, obviously this wouldn't be workable on the mass production line.
Camino LS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 04:43 PM   #191
cc-rider
 
Drives: Jeep GC
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: MN
Posts: 11
GM really deserves some praise here....and I think they'll be amply rewarded when these hit the showroom. What a beautiful car.

All I can say is that I am praying VERY hard that they make enough of the LS2, LS3 or whatever big dog they put out. I have 100% intention of buying this car with the big engine...its a done deal in my house pending one thing....they don't start selling over MSRP. If it goes the way of the Mustang Shelby, there will not be one in my garage.
cc-rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 06:17 PM   #192
fastball
White 'n Nerdy
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 1,634
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
Well, if we have no mast antenna, just a small fin sticking out the roof, that's still far and away a better design. Now if they can cover the sat antenna into a nice fitting body colored fin and keep the AM/FM antenna in the rear window I think it will all look very nice indeed.
Well, perhaps Scott (Fbodfather) can help by droping a note to the antenna department to make them better.

All I'm saying is I hope I can order the car WITHOUT OnStar or nav or anything associated with satellites. And yes, for the main reason being that antenna GM makes is really silly looking and I don't want a black mole on the roof of my silver Camaro.

If they made them better I really wouldn't care. But they don't.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 06:22 PM   #193
2010_5thgen


 
2010_5thgen's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Acadia Denali
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,269
i like the antenna. i like bmw has theirs. makes the car look sleek and aerodynamic.
__________________

2012 Porsche Panamera 4
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 08:43 PM   #194
WillInThe04Ranger
 
WillInThe04Ranger's Avatar
 
Drives: 04 Ranger, 95 Camaro
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Posts: 684
Send a message via AIM to WillInThe04Ranger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camino LS6 View Post
As I recall, it is a three step process that would require that the car be removed form the line and painted in a separate area. I can't remember all of the details, but I believe that there would be some time that the car would need to sit and cure before the next step. So, obviously this wouldn't be workable on the mass production line.
hmmmmm, it looks so simple, you don't reckon it's a water based paint do you?

I was watchin a program on TV about an all green paint job and instead of being a regular paint it was water based
__________________
America's Manififest Destiny, Rollin On Radials
WillInThe04Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 02:17 AM   #195
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD
 
KILLER74Z28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 5,609
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Thank you for the very very kind words -- and as I read thru this entire thread, once again I realize just how much this car is loved..... -- and that's a very emtional thing for all of us at Chevy and GM who love/work on the new Camaro.

I can't take credit for the new Camaro. Yes - I refused to let anyone forget Camaro (and Firebird) -- yes, I constantly wore my Camaro shirts and jackets and ties to work every day. Yes, I came close to b**chslapping ANYONE who even THOUGHT of saying "Give it up -- it's dead" -- and yes, I refused to disappear on the various sites and yes I refused to stop saying "Have Faith"

.......now -- all of that said -- it is people like Bob Lutz and Ed Wellburn and Tom Peters and Cheryl Pilcher and Doug Houlihan and Bob Boniface and John Fitzpatrick and Ed Peper and a TON of other people that are responsible for the new Camaro. Keep in mind that Rick Wagoner's (our Chairman) first car was a 1972 Camaro...................... (how do you like THEM apples???) --
I have been priviledged to have my own lil part of the new Camaro -- and I'm so very thankful that the Camaro team at Chevy has scheduled many a meeting around my auto show schedule so that I could take part in the many discussions and decisions that impact this great car.

The name Fbodfather is both a source of pride -- and yes, an embarrassment to me -- because you see -- there are those who deserve the name more than I -- esp. people like Hank Haga and Don McPherson and Pete Estes and Bob Lund and so many others who brought us the original.

So -- thank you for the kind words -- but I just ask that you keep in mind that it takes MANY MANY MANY people to bring you a truly great car -- and it is our intention to make your next new Camaro -- THE BEST AUTOMOBILE YOU EVER OWNED.........PERIOD!

Have Faith!
Amen… Amen…
__________________

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 08:07 AM   #196
Jak
 
Jak's Avatar
 
Drives: 03 Dodge Dakota
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 627
I can understand why the the OnStar antenna is just one color. I'm sure it'd slow production on the line to change coloers on each vehicle, but I'm just wondering, couldn't they be painted to match?
Jak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 09:43 AM   #197
fastball
White 'n Nerdy
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 1,634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jak View Post
I can understand why the the OnStar antenna is just one color. I'm sure it'd slow production on the line to change coloers on each vehicle, but I'm just wondering, couldn't they be painted to match?
Precisely my arguement..... if Honda can do it for every different color of $14k Civic without slowing production, GM should be able to do it with EVERY car they build.

They are probably pre-painted prior to assembly. Can't possibly slow production down that way.

GM doesn't have an arguement here. They must get with the program and make their sat. antennae body color and better fitting.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:40 PM   #198
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD
 
KILLER74Z28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 5,609
I say just git rid of the ugly POS all-together...
__________________

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 06:49 PM   #199
camaroman08
 
Drives: Various GM
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 3
Quote:
I can understand why the the OnStar antenna is just one color. I'm sure it'd slow production on the line to change coloers on each vehicle, but I'm just wondering, couldn't they be painted to match?
It's no big issue just one more part supplied my the vendors.

This picture was taken from Oshawa so that means this is as close to production as you will get. Too late to make considerable changes now, probably correct rims too, I would suspect. :o
camaroman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 07:07 PM   #200
DGthe3
Moderator.ca
 
DGthe3's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Niagara, Canada
Posts: 21,715
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Welcome to the site. What picture in particular are you talking about, and where did you hear that it was taken in Oshawa?
__________________
Note, if I've gotten any facts wrong in the above, just ignore any points I made with them
__________________
don't believe a thing you read about the next gen Camaro -- as history has proven time and time again:

WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT FUTURE PRODUCT PLANS PERIOD FbodFather
__________________

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Camaro Product Manager - interview Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 11 04-04-2012 06:10 PM
GM memo to dealers Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 41 02-04-2010 07:33 PM
Official Camaro Convertible CONCEPT Press Release Tran Camaro Convertible Forum 12 11-18-2009 07:05 PM
Camaro (concept) Press Release!! Pencil.Fight 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 4 07-21-2008 03:33 PM
5th Gen Camaro LS3 info from Chevy Hi-Po...READ TAG UR IT Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 295 03-07-2008 10:06 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.