Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Vector Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons For all LFX related parts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2012, 04:57 PM   #1
Billabongi
 
Billabongi's Avatar
 
Drives: 2LT\RS IOM Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 309
Best place to buy LFX MRT2 & CAI

Not sure if this is the right place but since I'm looking for LFX guys here I come to you

Wifey has provided the go ahead to get the CAI and MRT2 for my upcoming birthday so I am looking for the best\cheapest place to buy it from? I think this is juiced but wanted to see if I was missing anything.

Thanks guys, can't wait to get this stuff and installed!
Billabongi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 05:05 PM   #2
Apex Chase

 
Apex Chase's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 22,120
Before you order with anyone you will want to verify that they actually have them in stock. Based on what our customers have been telling us recently it seems like a lot of places have problems managing their inventory. Apex Motorsports is a distributor for both MRT and CAI Inc. so no one is in a better position to offer you a deal that we can not at least match or faster shipping.

__________________
Apex Chase is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:06 PM   #3
tnkrup
 
tnkrup's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 VR Camaro 2LT/RS
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Killeen/Fort Hood/Houston
Posts: 105
I ordered my Roto-fab intake from phastekperformance on friday afternoon and it shipped same day. Curious about the MRT also
__________________


Roto Fab CAI | RX Catch Can | BMR 1" springs
20" XXR 006 wheels | Oracle LED lighting
tnkrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 11:04 PM   #4
NoSyT
It's a Three Six, Vee Six
 
NoSyT's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 AGM 2LT/RS & '14 Silverado LTZ
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fort Leonard Wood, MO
Posts: 986
I got a combo deal with the CAI intake and MRT2 exhaust from Juiced Motorsports.
__________________
NoSyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 02:26 PM   #5
PalmerGA


 
PalmerGA's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Southwest GA
Posts: 4,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSyT View Post
I got a combo deal with the CAI intake and MRT2 exhaust from Juiced Motorsports.
Niiiice. Good business sense.
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 03:28 PM   #6
mycamaro2011
 
mycamaro2011's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Victory Red
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 238
Buy the rear mufflers online for like $110 shipped then have a shop weld them in with some nice tips
mycamaro2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 04:24 PM   #7
Billabongi
 
Billabongi's Avatar
 
Drives: 2LT\RS IOM Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by mycamaro2011 View Post
Buy the rear mufflers online for like $110 shipped then have a shop weld them in with some nice tips
I'd do that but it's a guessing game trying to get no drone and not crazy loud
Billabongi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:17 PM   #8
mycamaro2011
 
mycamaro2011's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Victory Red
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 238
If i can find the link where i bought my ver 1 mufflers from ill send it. i think its aero turbine. thats what mrt uses
mycamaro2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:52 PM   #9
mycamaro2011
 
mycamaro2011's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Victory Red
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 238
ver 2

http://tecexhaust.com/default/resonators/atx2-5.html

Save yourself a ton of cash brother...




Quote:
Originally Posted by Billabongi View Post
I'd do that but it's a guessing game trying to get no drone and not crazy loud
mycamaro2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:27 PM   #10
camaroitalia
Go Harder Than Baltimore!
 
camaroitalia's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CGM
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 3,867
Quote:
Originally Posted by mycamaro2011 View Post
http://tecexhaust.com/default/resonators/atx2-5.html

Save yourself a ton of cash brother...
wow so these are the resonators mrt uses for v1? these are what you have? What tips did you buy to know they fit?

Mind posting a vid of ur car and a pic of the rear? i would love to hear it!
__________________
camaroitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 05:48 AM   #11
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by mycamaro2011 View Post
http://tecexhaust.com/default/resonators/atx2-5.html

Save yourself a ton of cash brother...
Definitely not what is used in MRT Ver 2.

Also, while you might save some money by having a local shop fab something up, you need to make sure you are comparing apples to apples... Most local shops are not going to carry/use 304 stainless piping and hanger rod. Some of the local muffler shops are only going to carry aluminized steel pipe, not even stainless 409... which may not matter to some, but to others it does matter...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 03:59 PM   #12
mycamaro2011
 
mycamaro2011's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Victory Red
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 238
So if these are not the Mufflers MRT uses that are aero turbine then who is the MFG of the mufflers? Because my friend bought the complete ver 1 system and the mufflers / reson. where the exact same that I bought from this company for $90 shipped.

My shop carried the stainless. Reason I didnt go with the MRT ver 1 system was price, clamp on and didnt like the small tips.

My place fab the piping and put on 4 inch chrome tips. $165 for everything and $100 for the mufflers



Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Definitely not what is used in MRT Ver 2.

Also, while you might save some money by having a local shop fab something up, you need to make sure you are comparing apples to apples... Most local shops are not going to carry/use 304 stainless piping and hanger rod. Some of the local muffler shops are only going to carry aluminized steel pipe, not even stainless 409... which may not matter to some, but to others it does matter...
mycamaro2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:19 PM   #13
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by mycamaro2011 View Post
So if these are not the Mufflers MRT uses that are aero turbine then who is the MFG of the mufflers? Because my friend bought the complete ver 1 system and the mufflers / reson. where the exact same that I bought from this company for $90 shipped.

My shop carried the stainless. Reason I didnt go with the MRT ver 1 system was price, clamp on and didnt like the small tips.

My place fab the piping and put on 4 inch chrome tips. $165 for everything and $100 for the mufflers
MRT ver 1 is Aeros but NOT Ver 2.
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:43 PM   #14
Abstrak
 
Abstrak's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 AGM Camaro LS / Team LFX
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by mycamaro2011 View Post
So if these are not the Mufflers MRT uses that are aero turbine then who is the MFG of the mufflers? Because my friend bought the complete ver 1 system and the mufflers / reson. where the exact same that I bought from this company for $90 shipped.

My shop carried the stainless. Reason I didnt go with the MRT ver 1 system was price, clamp on and didnt like the small tips.

My place fab the piping and put on 4 inch chrome tips. $165 for everything and $100 for the mufflers
Can you put up a soundclip of your exhaust? Really curious to hear what you got fabricated
__________________
Abstrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:35 AM   #15
camaroitalia
Go Harder Than Baltimore!
 
camaroitalia's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CGM
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 3,867
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrak View Post
Can you put up a soundclip of your exhaust? Really curious to hear what you got fabricated
__________________
camaroitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 07:32 PM   #16
Billabongi
 
Billabongi's Avatar
 
Drives: 2LT\RS IOM Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 309
Anyway on to the original purpose of this post, got the CAI from Apex Chase (thanks dude!!) and absolutely love it. I waited on the exhaust and I'm glad I did as the intake made enough of a change that i'm very happy for the time being.
Billabongi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:06 PM   #17
PalmerGA


 
PalmerGA's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Southwest GA
Posts: 4,725
I'm sure the question has been asked before but as a new Camaro owner I'm curious:

When I install the CAI and MRT-V2, will it void any parts of my warranty?
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 06:08 AM   #18
Apex Chase

 
Apex Chase's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 22,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billabongi View Post
Anyway on to the original purpose of this post, got the CAI from Apex Chase (thanks dude!!) and absolutely love it. I waited on the exhaust and I'm glad I did as the intake made enough of a change that i'm very happy for the time being.
Thank you for your order. Glad to hear you are enjoying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
I'm sure the question has been asked before but as a new Camaro owner I'm curious:

When I install the CAI and MRT-V2, will it void any parts of my warranty?
No. Below is a link to an article on our blog that discusses the relationship between modifying your car and warranty law. If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a PM.

Will This Mod Void My Warranty?
__________________
Apex Chase is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 06:09 AM   #19
PalmerGA


 
PalmerGA's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Southwest GA
Posts: 4,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
No. Below is a link to an article on our blog that discusses the relationship between modifying your car and warranty law. If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a PM.

Will This Mod Void My Warranty?
Thanks very much, AC.
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.