Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
SNL Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2012, 10:59 PM   #26
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,912
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998 Brickyard View Post
My auto V-6 was fixed at dealer vin 10149
They replaced the axle on one side, called me and wanted to keep the car an extra day because it was still clicking and wanted to replace the other side. 1 week after I got it back, still clicking. I brought it back to the dealer and they found the TSB for the washer and now the clicking is gone.
So they replaced the axles and STILL didn't put the washers in it....... LMMFAO!!!

You can't make this stuff up sometimes. Doesn't earn them a lot of confidence from me.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 03:31 PM   #27
1BAADSS
 
1BAADSS's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Macomb, MI
Posts: 214
Well, Got the nuts and "thrust" washers from Rodgers. Becky dropped them off for me Thursday. I got up this morning and reviewed your DIY video and headed to the garage. Had them on in about 2 hours. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be and "WALLAAA" Noise gone. Hard to believe that nasty sounding noise is cured by a chinsy 3 cent (3 dollars from GM) washer. This really should have been a recall. I can't believe they just left them out and then just said "Shhhhhh don't tell anyone unless they ask. I was looking up the torque specs in my set of GM Service Manuals and it even states that If the washers are not present to add them. Thanks for the video documentation PQ! I'm positive you saved me from some broken speed sensors. I would have trashed the first one for sure.
Sooo good to have that problem behind me. Ready to enjoy the car some this weekend.Thanks again PQ!
__________________

YOU DON'T JUST PARK IT.....
YOU DISPLAY IT
1BAADSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 04:37 PM   #28
BackinBlack
KASPR
 
BackinBlack's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black 2SS RS LS3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: West Bloomfield MI
Posts: 285
This missing washer issue is automatics only, right?
BackinBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 04:44 PM   #29
1BAADSS
 
1BAADSS's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Macomb, MI
Posts: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlack View Post
This missing washer issue is automatics only, right?
No, it is auto and manual.
__________________

YOU DON'T JUST PARK IT.....
YOU DISPLAY IT
1BAADSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:21 PM   #30
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,912
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlack View Post
This missing washer issue is automatics only, right?
Nope. Like 1BADSS said, it's all of them. Even the V6 cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BAADSS View Post
Well, Got the nuts and "thrust" washers from Rodgers. Becky dropped them off for me Thursday. I got up this morning and reviewed your DIY video and headed to the garage. Had them on in about 2 hours. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be and "WALLAAA" Noise gone. Hard to believe that nasty sounding noise is cured by a chinsy 3 cent (3 dollars from GM) washer. This really should have been a recall. I can't believe they just left them out and then just said "Shhhhhh don't tell anyone unless they ask. I was looking up the torque specs in my set of GM Service Manuals and it even states that If the washers are not present to add them. Thanks for the video documentation PQ! I'm positive you saved me from some broken speed sensors. I would have trashed the first one for sure.
Sooo good to have that problem behind me. Ready to enjoy the car some this weekend.Thanks again PQ!
Luckily the sensor and wire are only 17.00 ish. lol Picked one up yesterday. I normally order all of my stuff from Maureen and Becky but this was an easy swing in and grab item.

Glad it worked out for you.
__________________

Last edited by PQ; 05-26-2012 at 10:47 PM.
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 02:16 PM   #31
SS4PK
 
SS4PK's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010SS
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: VA
Posts: 525
The weird thing is when mine started not many people reported the same thing --because after some time they started putting them in -- so it was really hard to figure out, now you guys are starting to have the issue, it so nice to share info on here.
__________________

Her Hot Rod.
SS4PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 04:32 PM   #32
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,912
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS4PK View Post
The weird thing is when mine started not many people reported the same thing --because after some time they started putting them in -- so it was really hard to figure out, now you guys are starting to have the issue, it so nice to share info on here.
Agreed 100%

It's what is so awesome about forums in general. But this place is more personable and we help each other out.

Funny how this issue just manifested it's self to me after 60k miles. Some it was only after 5k or so.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 06:43 PM   #33
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem
 
slick rick's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Foothill Ranch, CA
Posts: 5,464
Thanks for this video
__________________
slick rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:45 PM   #34
cterry
So Cal Race Team
 
cterry's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Carmaro SS/RS
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Anaheim, Ca
Posts: 2,192
I just got my car back fromt the deal last week. they replaced both my rear axles based on the info I found on another thread here about the clicking noise.
Glad it's finally fixed. Was bugging the crap out of me.
cterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:14 PM   #35
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,912
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick rick View Post
Thanks for this video
It's my pleasure to help if I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cterry View Post
I just got my car back fromt the deal last week. they replaced both my rear axles based on the info I found on another thread here about the clicking noise.
Glad it's finally fixed. Was bugging the crap out of me.


Mine bugged me too. I actually only did the one side for now.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:03 AM   #36
cterry
So Cal Race Team
 
cterry's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Carmaro SS/RS
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Anaheim, Ca
Posts: 2,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
It's my pleasure to help if I can.



Mine bugged me too. I actually only did the one side for now.
I may have spoke too soon. seems to be doing it again. I wonder if they forgot the washers on mine too. They were upset I was telling them what it was based on what I read on a forum and probably never even read the info I sent them about it.
calling them 1st thing in the morning.
cterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:21 AM   #37
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,912
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by cterry View Post
I may have spoke too soon. seems to be doing it again. I wonder if they forgot the washers on mine too. They were upset I was telling them what it was based on what I read on a forum and probably never even read the info I sent them about it.
calling them 1st thing in the morning.
The TSB numbers are in the OP Of this thread. Give it to them and tell them to check.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:37 AM   #38
cterry
So Cal Race Team
 
cterry's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Carmaro SS/RS
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Anaheim, Ca
Posts: 2,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
The TSB numbers are in the OP Of this thread. Give it to them and tell them to check.
I will, just frustrating to have to tell them what is wrong with my car. I do most the work on my car, but try to use them for warrantee stuff and they hate when I tell them what I think it is. Now I have to deal with taking it back and messing with it again.
cterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:48 AM   #39
Chevrolet Customer Svc


 
Chevrolet Customer Svc's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Vehicles
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by cterry View Post
I just got my car back fromt the deal last week. they replaced both my rear axles based on the info I found on another thread here about the clicking noise.
Glad it's finally fixed. Was bugging the crap out of me.
We are glad that the dealer was able to resolve the concern you were having. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me via PM.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 08:16 AM   #40
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,912
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
We are glad that the dealer was able to resolve the concern you were having. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me via PM.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
This guy must not have read
the 'Spoke too soon' post.

__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:49 AM   #41
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
This guy must not have read
the 'Spoke too soon' post.
LMAO...
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:50 AM   #42
cterry
So Cal Race Team
 
cterry's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Carmaro SS/RS
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Anaheim, Ca
Posts: 2,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
We are glad that the dealer was able to resolve the concern you were having. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me via PM.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
PM sent

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
This guy must not have read
the 'Spoke too soon' post.

yes, think your right. haha. I am just happy someone from GM is monitoring this section and reaching out. I have an e-mai into the service manager now to see if they forgot the thrust washers. Doubt they will admit it, but I will keep you posted.
cterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:57 AM   #43
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,912
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by cterry View Post
PM sent



yes, think your right. haha. I am just happy someone from GM is monitoring this section and reaching out. I have an e-mai into the service manager now to see if they forgot the thrust washers. Doubt they will admit it, but I will keep you posted.
Why did they replace the axles? Was it because of the noise? And if so, was it the same noise as the video? And if so, I'd try and make sure you are there to watch them take the hubs off.

Not that it will solve anything but might tell you that, coupled with their apparent bad attitude, you might want to find another dealer.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:46 AM   #44
cterry
So Cal Race Team
 
cterry's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Carmaro SS/RS
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Anaheim, Ca
Posts: 2,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Why did they replace the axles? Was it because of the noise? And if so, was it the same noise as the video? And if so, I'd try and make sure you are there to watch them take the hubs off.

Not that it will solve anything but might tell you that, coupled with their apparent bad attitude, you might want to find another dealer.
I originally took it in in May of last year for the issue. They messed with it and couldn't find the problem. I searched the site and found the one original thread the issue, and told them to check the axle nuts. The next day they called me up and said its all fixed, but if I had the issue again to let them know and they will replace the axles. All they did was torque them down at that time. The click happens when I rock it back and forth like you did in your video, but my sound seems to be a "lighter" click noise.
They got back to me and the tech is out this week, so looks like I will have to wait till next week to get it resolved which is fine, cause I don't feel like taking my 3 piece wheels off again to take it in. ( they screwed two of them up the 1st time)
cterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:04 PM   #45
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,912
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by cterry View Post
I originally took it in in May of last year for the issue. They messed with it and couldn't find the problem. I searched the site and found the one original thread the issue, and told them to check the axle nuts. The next day they called me up and said its all fixed, but if I had the issue again to let them know and they will replace the axles. All they did was torque them down at that time. The click happens when I rock it back and forth like you did in your video, but my sound seems to be a "lighter" click noise.
They got back to me and the tech is out this week, so looks like I will have to wait till next week to get it resolved which is fine, cause I don't feel like taking my 3 piece wheels off again to take it in. ( they screwed two of them up the 1st time)
What is your vin#? Not the whole number but the number in line that it was produced.

If it's first 94k then you are missing the washers unless they put them on.

And the click can manifest differently. Sounds like you have the problem.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:18 PM   #46
cterry
So Cal Race Team
 
cterry's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Carmaro SS/RS
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Anaheim, Ca
Posts: 2,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
What is your vin#? Not the whole number but the number in line that it was produced.

If it's first 94k then you are missing the washers unless they put them on.

And the click can manifest differently. Sounds like you have the problem.
My last four is 8260. Ordered 10/14/2008. I kept telling them its an early production car and that was the issue, but they apparently they did not listen.

They contacted the tech, and YUP, NO washers put on.
All the info I gave them and they obviously did not even read it. They are going to order the parts and have them ready, so hopefully only be there for a day. I would just get the parts from them and do it myself, but now that they have messed with it, I would rather it be documented incase I have further issues. I will keep you posted and hopefully this will prevent others from going thru all this grief over such an easy fix.
cterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:27 PM   #47
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,912
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by cterry View Post
My last four is 8260. Ordered 10/14/2008. I kept telling them its an early production car and that was the issue, but they apparently they did not listen.

They contacted the tech, and YUP, NO washers put on.
All the info I gave them and they obviously did not even read it. They are going to order the parts and have them ready, so hopefully only be there for a day. I would just get the parts from them and do it myself, but now that they have messed with it, I would rather it be documented incase I have further issues. I will keep you posted and hopefully this will prevent others from going thru all this grief over such an easy fix.
Oh I'm with you. If I had a warranty I'd have them do it.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:27 PM   #48
Dtrimpi87
Banned
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 & 2011 1LT/RS
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 3,858
PQ, thank you very much for this DIY. I did this project after work tonight and it only took me about 2 hours to complete both sides from start to finish. The clicking is finally gone!!!!! I still have a warranty but i decided to undertake this project myself to learn more about the rear end components and not waste a day of my car being at the dealer. It only cost me $16 for the 2 washers and 2 new nuts. The only problem I ran into was the hubs were very stubborn coming off the axles. Luckily i found my puller it made quick work of those hubs. Your video was very helpful. Thank you.
Dtrimpi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:31 PM   #49
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,912
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtrimpi87 View Post
PQ, thank you very much for this DIY. I did this project after work tonight and it only took me about 2 hours to complete both sides from start to finish. The clicking is finally gone!!!!! I still have a warranty but i decided to undertake this project myself to learn more about the rear end components and not waste a day of my car being at the dealer. It only cost me $16 for the 2 washers and 2 new nuts. The only problem I ran into was the hubs were very stubborn coming off the axles. Luckily i found my puller it made quick work of those hubs. Your video was very helpful. Thank you.


Glad it was useful to you. My hub was a bitch too.

My neighbor was going to get his puller when I got it off. LOL
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:16 AM   #50
TooCool5
Resident Gearhead
 
TooCool5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Central CT
Posts: 3,597
I just started getting a rear end clicking when turning into the driveway.
Could this be the thrust washers? Vin ending in 6199.
__________________
2010 Camaro Auto, Inferno Orange, Titanium Interior, Gearhead Wheels AIRAID CAI
TooCool5 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.