Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ModBargains
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Old 05-22-2012, 09:54 AM   #1
Vintage-Iron
Banned

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS/RS
Whats a good wax to use?

I used to use the "Wax Shop" brand of wax but they were sold to Turtle Wax and no longer is sold. It was very watery and and I prefer that, it didnt affect the black trim on a car and I havent found a decent replacement since.

Is there anything out there similar to that wax and what about Turtle Wax "Ice", I use the Turtle Wax Ice spray detailer, best ive ever used but not so sure about the wax?
Vintage-Iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:17 PM   #2
Todd@Autopia

Drives: 2010 Mazdaspeed 3
Asking for the best wax is like going to Time's Square and asking for the best religion. You will get a lot of opinions!

If you are looking for something that is easy to apply and long lasting, then consider a synthetic paint sealant. BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond is one of the highest rated paint sealants on the market, particularly among avid detailers and enthusiasts. It is extremely easy to apply, does not effect black trim, and creates a rich, 3 dimensional shimmer.

BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection

If you are looking for the 'best' wax (wax refering to a natural product with carnauba based wax as the main ingredient), then you are going to want to go to a wax that features ultra refined, ultra pure carnauba, polymers, and rich oils blended in. Pinnacle Souveran has been an industry leader in this field for over a decade and for many premium wax companies, it is the wax they aim to beat.

Pinnacle Souveran
Todd@Autopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:34 PM   #3
Angelo@Autopia

Drives: 2014 Ford Focus ST
I use the Turtle Wax "Ice product a few years back and found that it lasted about a week for me and the feel wasn't what I was looking for, but found one that work better and it's the Poorboy’s World Quick Wax Plus QD+. Todd is right about what he wrote about this subject and any of these products will do what you want them to do for you. Remember that Blackfire has been reissue it's world famous BLACKFIRE Midnight Sun Spray Wax in a can which to me is the best one on the market. Hopes this helps you.
Angelo@Autopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:06 PM   #4
Todd45thAnniversaryV6

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Camaro
Www.zainostore.com

Wax can't hold a candle to a good polish like Zaino. It's pricey, but produces amazing results and is actually easy to apply and easy to remove. And, you can layer it. No removing your last coat when you apply a new one. Aaaaand, it is best applied by hand. So no buffer is needed. You litterally wipe it on, and then lightly buff it off. I say lightly because it is like wiping dust off of the car. Check it out.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:06 PM   #5
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Meguires
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:21 PM   #6
jshaf

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
depends on what you want it to do, if you wax every 3-5 weeks then a wax like Megs #26 yellow wax is easy on easy off and gives several weeks of nice warmth, for longgevity you probably want a sealant. they last many times longer than a wax. or do what I do, put a good sealant on then layer wax on it every few weeks. usually do it in the spring then again in the early fall. everyone has a different routine, just gotta experiment, trial and error!
Old 05-23-2012, 07:31 PM   #7
Kinetic Kev HWSE 2013

Drives: 2013 Hot Wheels Special Edition
I've been using Adam's buttery wax that stuff goes on smooth and comes off with ease. Gives the color real depth.
Kinetic Kev HWSE 2013 is offline   Reply With Quote