Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 05-13-2009, 02:17 AM   #1
Lovestanda
Large Member

Drives: Yugo SS
Smile Audio sound rating

For those who have the car, what would you rate the sound quality of the stock system from 1-10. Also, dose the stock system have at least an acceptable amount of bass to it???
Lovestanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 10:29 AM   #2
MontyCarlo

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS auto IBM
I test drove a 1LT with the stock sound system on the weekend. It's fine. It didn't feel lacking, but it didn't feel impressive either. It felt about the same as the stock system in my Grand Am.
3. Yes, but the medication helps immensely.

2LT/RS IBM/gray #21,895 ordered April 21st, delivered July 3rd
MontyCarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 07:32 PM   #3
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Ive been in several Camaros, the stock system sounds good, but just what it is, stock.
And the BA system just sounds better, but nothing to drool over.
I would give the BA system an 8
The stock system, i would give it a 7
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 08:39 PM   #4
Lovestanda
Large Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
Ive been in several Camaros, the stock system sounds good, but just what it is, stock.
And the BA system just sounds better, but nothing to drool over.
I would give the BA system an 8
The stock system, i would give it a 7
8 out of ten seems strong!!! thanks
Old 05-15-2009, 10:29 PM   #5
CAMARO_MOW

Drives: 2011 White 2SS/RS
I have heard the stock system and would probably give it a 7. I would probably been satisfied with it, but I am a audiophile, so I went with the BA that I have not heard yet.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:48 PM   #6
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '13 ATS 2.0T & '14 Chevrolet SS
Agree with whats been posted. Not an audiophile.

Number 3 is a 1LT with base audio. I like it, no complaints. I'd say a 7.

BA system in Mrs. Number 3's 2SS is richer, with much more base and over all a noticeable improvement. For a non-audiophile like me, you probably don't need more than this. But just like some will want to get 20 more HP, some will want better audio.
Old 05-16-2009, 12:07 AM   #7
CAMARO_MOW

Drives: 2011 White 2SS/RS
Thanks for the insight Number 3. That makes me a whole lot happier with my decision to upgrade.
Old 05-16-2009, 06:40 PM   #8
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
Just as long as it's beats my slightly upgraded, ten year old system in the Saab, I'm good!
Old 05-17-2009, 12:12 AM   #9
Parker

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
I haven't heard the stock one yet, but I was pleased with the upgraded. I could feel the bass of the local rock station at a reasonable volume to have a conversation with someone in the other seat. Little leg massage.
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 12:38 AM   #10
Lovestanda
Large Member

Thanks guys---sounds like I'll be happy with the BA system!!
Old 05-17-2009, 11:09 AM   #11
Hemlawk
AwesomeBillDawesonville

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS =)
Does the BA system come with a sub?
Hemlawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:27 AM   #12
JDBeck23

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2SS/RS
No the BA system has no sub. Which I feel is the only thing the BA system lacks. I am definitely not an audiophile either. I just like a stereo that's decently clear, goes nice and loud and has nice bass kick from the bass drum of a rock song. Im not one of those guys that's "bumping" down the street.

So I will be adding a shallow mount 10 in the drunk in as small box as I can get. But for highs and mids, the BA system does fine for my needs.

Food for thought... Anyone that plays an iPod or the like in their car for most of their music, will never need more than the BA system. Unless you're using CD's or have your MP3's ripped as "loss-less", then the mp3 player will killing most of the "high quality" sound before it ever gets to the BA system. I listen to my ipod almost exclusively, so the BA is all I need (with a sub in the trunk of course!)

2010 2SS/RS CGM
American Racing Headers, Magnaflow axle back, Roto-Fab CAI, Audio Integrations Sub box, Alpine Type R 10, Alpine MRP-500 amp, Pro Clips iPhone Mount
JDBeck23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 06:53 AM   #13
Lovestanda
Large Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDBeck23 View Post
No the BA system has no sub. Which I feel is the only thing the BA system lacks. I am definitely not an audiophile either. I just like a stereo that's decently clear, goes nice and loud and has nice bass kick from the bass drum of a rock song. Im not one of those guys that's "bumping" down the street.

So I will be adding a shallow mount 10 in the drunk in as small box as I can get. But for highs and mids, the BA system does fine for my needs.

Food for thought... Anyone that plays an iPod or the like in their car for most of their music, will never need more than the BA system. Unless you're using CD's or have your MP3's ripped as "loss-less", then the mp3 player will killing most of the "high quality" sound before it ever gets to the BA system. I listen to my ipod almost exclusively, so the BA is all I need (with a sub in the trunk of course!)
Have you listened to both systems?? Thoughts??
Old 05-18-2009, 09:00 AM   #14
camarofanatic

Drives: 2010 camaro
i got to play with the BA system at my dealer it sounds amazing when you correctly set up the treble bass and mids etc once u tweak it it sounds crystal clear with the volume up theres no crackling or poping of the speakers the best way to describe it is concert hall quality i give it a 8.5 if it came with a rear deck sub like an 8inch or something it would be complete but overall its simply amazing

o yea it takes a while to get used to all the menus and bells and whistle an buttons
camarofanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:40 AM   #15
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
I thought the Boston Acoustics system in the 2SS came with a sub? If not, that's weak. My HHR SS came with a Pioneer 10" sub in the back that pounds for a stock set up!
Old 05-18-2009, 10:57 AM   #16
Lovestanda
Large Member

thanks camarofanatic!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-18-2009, 11:06 AM   #17
Die Zielscheibe

Drives: Lincoln Towncar, Chevy Camaro
Did someone already take a look behind the Stereo a can tell if there are additional cinch plugs (or other devices) for a sub available
Die Zielscheibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 04:43 PM   #18
Smoken'em

Drives: Scion tC
If you're looking to add some bass I've heard a lot of good things that went into the design of the MTX custom enclosure. I found a picture of it from another thread on here

Smoken'em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 06:57 AM   #19
Lovestanda
Large Member

Saw the sub, other threads are still trying to discover just how to hook them up. No one yet has said if pick ups are in the trunk or not.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:57 AM   #20
camarofanatic

Drives: 2010 camaro
i wouldnt try pulling the head unit out it seems complicated because alot of things are hooked up to it i believe it hooks up with the DIC you can access things through that i might be wrong
camarofanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:00 PM   #21
Lovestanda
Large Member

agreed, I will not even think about playing with the head unit. I'll probably think the BA system is just fine and won't need to upgrade it at all. MAny of the guys with delivered cars have found the BA system acceptable. Only thing I MIGHT do is, add a sub to the system by way of a professional installer.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:58 PM   #22
manchimp

Drives: 2010 CGM 2ss
I have the BA system and after listening for a couple of days only give it a marginal grade. But I am used to an Alpine with JL speakers and sub in my truck. It blows the BA system away. It definitely needs a sub, and hopefully that will fill out the sound a little better.
manchimp is offline   Reply With Quote