Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Rick@Livernois
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2012, 07:41 AM   #188
pgustavson
Stop writing "vert", ffs!
 
pgustavson's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2LT Convertible
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Gambrills, MD
Posts: 1,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
What was the DA?
He mentioned "over 2300" above.
__________________
Vararam | Vmax Ported TB | Ported IM | Vmax Black ICE-olator
pgustavson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:01 AM   #189
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgustavson View Post
He mentioned "over 2300" above.
Ah, yes... Thanks!

Baylor, will you be posting the slip?
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:09 AM   #190
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6
 
Can't_C_Me's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Oxford, GA
Posts: 3,594
Scrming is about to hit us with the hard numbers lol! I'm guessing 13.5 - 13 flat.
__________________

Last edited by Can't_C_Me; 07-07-2012 at 08:19 AM.
Can't_C_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:22 AM   #191
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
Scrming is about to hit us with the hard numbers lol! I'm guessing 13.5 - 13 flat.
Well, i just plugged in a DA of 2500, which is above 2300... LOL!

Comes up with 13.33 @ 103...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:20 PM   #192
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile
 
BaylorCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: League City, TX
Posts: 5,956
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
What was the DA?
2302, which when corrected is only like mid 13's. No doubt DA had some to do with the run. However I think the biggest part is running that rich. I'll post the slip later, however here's the "unofficial numbers"


60 foot: 1.935
1/8 mile: 8.764 @ 78.07
1/4 mile: 13.796

I hot lapped and the following lap was slightly faster but my ET was 97.45..

60 foot: 1.927
1/8 mile: 8.687 @ 78.19
1/4 mile: 13.743

It's interesting because on run 2 my 1/8 mile was faster with a faster ET, However it the ET slowed down on run 2...
__________________
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:27 PM   #193
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 7,056
Yeah, I when my AFR was below 11 I made significanly less power (~25-30 HP) at mid RPM ranges and then it just plummeted at about 5800 RPM. Fix that and you will be in the 12s with good DA.
__________________
New Ride -- 2015 Z06 2LZ (stock) -- Journal
Old Ride -- 2012 Camaro 2LT/RS (647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ) -- Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:28 PM   #194
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
2302, which when corrected is only like mid 13's. No doubt DA had some to do with the run. However I think the biggest part is running that rich. I'll post the slip later, however here's the "unofficial numbers"


60 foot: 1.935
1/8 mile: 8.764 @ 78.07
1/4 mile: 13.796

I hot lapped and the following lap was slightly faster but my ET was 97.45..

60 foot: 1.927
1/8 mile: 8.687 @ 78.19
1/4 mile: 13.743

It's interesting because on run 2 my 1/8 mile was faster with a faster ET, However it the ET slowed down on run 2...

Yeah, definitely leaving some power on the table... especially in 3rd...

BTW... need to teach you some manners... can't believe you double bulbed that guy! LOL!
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:37 PM   #195
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
2302, which when corrected is only like mid 13's. No doubt DA had some to do with the run. However I think the biggest part is running that rich. I'll post the slip later, however here's the "unofficial numbers"


60 foot: 1.935
1/8 mile: 8.764 @ 78.07
1/4 mile: 13.796

I hot lapped and the following lap was slightly faster but my ET was 97.45..

60 foot: 1.927
1/8 mile: 8.687 @ 78.19
1/4 mile: 13.743

It's interesting because on run 2 my 1/8 mile was faster with a faster ET, However it the ET slowed down on run 2...

Ok... doing some looking and some math... Definitely looks like the car is falling on it's face on the big end...

Take look at one of my 13.7 slips:



Compare my 1/8th to yours! Ok.. my 1/4 to 1/8 ratio is: 1.538 (1/4 divided by 1/8)

Your ratio is more like 1.58! So if I were to apply my ratio to your 1/8 ET, i come up with 13.36! That's 4/10ths... yikes...

Hopefully you can get that tune straightened out ASAP!

Oh...13.36 @ 2303 DA would be about 13 flat...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:01 PM   #196
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile
 
BaylorCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: League City, TX
Posts: 5,956
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Yeah, definitely leaving some power on the table... especially in 3rd...

BTW... need to teach you some manners... can't believe you double bulbed that guy! LOL!

He was having some issues before I lined up and didn't think he was going to run. What issues you ask? I have no idea as it was like a 16 second (I think stock) truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Ok... doing some looking and some math... Definitely looks like the car is falling on it's face on the big end...

Take look at one of my 13.7 slips:



Compare my 1/8th to yours! Ok.. my 1/4 to 1/8 ratio is: 1.538 (1/4 divided by 1/8)

Your ratio is more like 1.58! So if I were to apply my ratio to your 1/8 ET, i come up with 13.36! That's 4/10ths... yikes...

Hopefully you can get that tune straightened out ASAP!

Oh...13.36 @ 2303 DA would be about 13 flat...
Yup just as I suspected, getting real rich at the top end.
__________________
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:03 PM   #197
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6
 
Can't_C_Me's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Oxford, GA
Posts: 3,594
I'm feeling your pain brother. I'm running rich at 10 when in 3rd at mid RPM also. I can actually feel the car pulling back the power. But she still running strong enough. I would go to Vengeance Racing and get mine tuned. But you get more flexibility with Trifecta.


Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
__________________
Can't_C_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:10 PM   #198
MACE_ENG
 
MACE_ENG's Avatar
 
Drives: LLT Machine
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: VIC/AUS
Posts: 563
Chris, get the tune straight with vince and see if it get any better. AFR in the 10's seem too rich. At what RPM are you seeing the 10's by the way?

I didn't even realize you already got the car back and out on the track. Good for you!

-------------------------------------------------------
Jay@Mace Engineering USA
Velocityport410@gmail.com

Home of the 31hp/33tq Ported intake/25mm Insulator!
MACE_ENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:19 PM   #199
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile
 
BaylorCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: League City, TX
Posts: 5,956
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACE_ENG View Post
Chris, get the tune straight with vince and see if it get any better. AFR in the 10's seem too rich. At what RPM are you seeing the 10's by the way?

I didn't even realize you already got the car back and out on the track. Good for you!
Yeah I've had the car back for less than 2 weeks, haha.

AFR in the 10's is VERY rich, Tracy and Vince were saying it should be mid 11's and even 12 is OK. So you figure that, and this thing is pig rich...

TBH I'm not too sure when the really rich 10's kick in. I was focused on watching so many different gauges, AND the road which is why I mounted the camera lol. I reviewed the video again and I'd say around 3,000 rpms. 3rd gear is such a long gear and compared to first and second just feels like a wimp
__________________
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 03:35 PM   #200
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile
 
BaylorCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: League City, TX
Posts: 5,956
***UPDATE***

OK, so I got an email from Vince just now and reviewed a couple of data logs I took at the drag strip. His exact response "Your fuel system isn’t holding up. 1st is OK, but 2nd is worse, and 3rd is really bad." So it looks like I either need to get the normal pulley from Tracy OR get the high pressure fuel pump. However Vince told me (a few weeks ago) that the tune for the HPFP hasn't been figured out yet and he honestly doesn't even know if it will work.

So it appears to me that we (anyone with an OD pulley) are in a bit of a pickle...
__________________
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 03:40 PM   #201
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
***UPDATE***

OK, so I got an email from Vince just now and reviewed a couple of data logs I took at the drag strip. His exact response "Your fuel system isn’t holding up. 1st is OK, but 2nd is worse, and 3rd is really bad." So it looks like I either need to get the normal pulley from Tracy OR get the high pressure fuel pump. However Vince told me (a few weeks ago) that the tune for the HPFP hasn't been figured out yet and he honestly doesn't even know if it will work.

So it appears to me that we (anyone with an OD pulley) are in a bit of a pickle...
Ok.. that makes absolutely NO SENSE... You were running RICH, NOT LEAN! If the HPFP wasn't holding up your car would be going lean!
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 03:43 PM   #202
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Yeah I've had the car back for less than 2 weeks, haha.

AFR in the 10's is VERY rich, Tracy and Vince were saying it should be mid 11's and even 12 is OK. So you figure that, and this thing is pig rich...

TBH I'm not too sure when the really rich 10's kick in. I was focused on watching so many different gauges, AND the road which is why I mounted the camera lol. I reviewed the video again and I'd say around 3,000 rpms. 3rd gear is such a long gear and compared to first and second just feels like a wimp
Looking at my setup I start in the low 12s and then the AFR works it way down to the upper 11s...

scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 05:14 PM   #203
ASH@IPF-TUNING
 
ASH@IPF-TUNING's Avatar
 
Drives: 4x4 Turbo
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Ok.. that makes absolutely NO SENSE... You were running RICH, NOT LEAN! If the HPFP wasn't holding up your car would be going lean!
Hi !

When the HPRailpump gets Pressure deviation more then 20 bar , the ECU will go into LIMP-MODE and close the trottle-body for engine protection !

When you allow the HighPressure System more pressure deviation to keep the ECU out of the limp mode the AFM WILL GO LEAN anyway and not RICH !

To adapt the HPFP is an easy job with only a dozen maps to change , but when the new Railpump piston ist WAY tooo big , then you need to modify the rail pressure control valve , to prevent too high Railpressure at idle with fully open original rail pressure control valve or make the new Railpump piston smaller !!

that effect cant fixed by Software ... only in the hardware !

Greets ASH@IPF-TUNING
ASH@IPF-TUNING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 06:45 PM   #204
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile
 
BaylorCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: League City, TX
Posts: 5,956
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Ok.. that makes absolutely NO SENSE... You were running RICH, NOT LEAN! If the HPFP wasn't holding up your car would be going lean!
Well I don't have the HPFP, I'm saying if there is an issue with the fuel system not keeping up I might need the HPFP. However you bring a good point and I emailed Vince asking how the heck I'm running really rich IF the fuel system isn't keeping up..

This has me very confused
__________________
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.