Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
FLOWMASTER
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2012, 12:45 AM   #183
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop
 
V6owner's Avatar
 
Drives: One Badass 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rosenberg, TX
Posts: 2,229
Yep Texas heat kills everything lol. But that's a good start and a good 60'. You were running the super chiller correct?
__________________
2014 Black 2SS/RS 1LE
V6owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:46 AM   #184
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile
 
BaylorCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: League City, TX
Posts: 6,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6owner View Post
Yep Texas heat kills everything lol. But that's a good start and a good 60'. You were running the super chiller correct?
Yes, which was in the low-mid 70's.
__________________
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:11 AM   #185
SIXJAK


 
SIXJAK's Avatar
 
Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Branson MO
Posts: 2,566
Thanks for posting this up. I can definitely tell your car is tach-ing quicker than stock and 13.7 in that slop ain't too shabby. I think you get that fuel rich in 3rd issue fixed and run it in some decent weather, no reason you can't get into the 12's.
__________________
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:16 AM   #186
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile
 
BaylorCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: League City, TX
Posts: 6,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
Thanks for posting this up. I can definitely tell your car is tach-ing quicker than stock and 13.7 in that slop ain't too shabby. I think you get that fuel rich in 3rd issue fixed and run it in some decent weather, no reason you can't get into the 12's.
I sure hope so. TBH Low 13's, or 13 flat would make me VERY happy.
__________________
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 06:15 AM   #187
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Ohh can't belive I forgot that.

60 foot: 1.927
1/8: 8.687 @ 78.19
1/4: 13.74 @ 100

Basically that's barley better than what I ran N/A on E85, however terrible weather conditions and at running REALLY rich is the issue here, I believe. There's not doubt this thing pulls WAY harder now, the issue is once I get on it, it's really rich.


After watching the video again, but in slooooow motion it looks like the AFR down low is pretty rich but higher up into the rpm band it leans out to mid-high 11's right were it should be. This, IMO is why when it gets in 3rd and has that long gear it feels like it's lacking power.
What was the DA?
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 06:41 AM   #188
pgustavson
Stop writing "vert", ffs!
 
pgustavson's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2LT Convertible
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Gambrills, MD
Posts: 1,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
What was the DA?
He mentioned "over 2300" above.
__________________
Vararam | Vmax Ported TB | Ported IM | Vmax Black ICE-olator
pgustavson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:01 AM   #189
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgustavson View Post
He mentioned "over 2300" above.
Ah, yes... Thanks!

Baylor, will you be posting the slip?
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:09 AM   #190
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6
 
Can't_C_Me's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Oxford, GA
Posts: 3,594
Scrming is about to hit us with the hard numbers lol! I'm guessing 13.5 - 13 flat.
__________________

Last edited by Can't_C_Me; 07-07-2012 at 07:19 AM.
Can't_C_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:22 AM   #191
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
Scrming is about to hit us with the hard numbers lol! I'm guessing 13.5 - 13 flat.
Well, i just plugged in a DA of 2500, which is above 2300... LOL!

Comes up with 13.33 @ 103...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:20 AM   #192
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile
 
BaylorCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: League City, TX
Posts: 6,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
What was the DA?
2302, which when corrected is only like mid 13's. No doubt DA had some to do with the run. However I think the biggest part is running that rich. I'll post the slip later, however here's the "unofficial numbers"


60 foot: 1.935
1/8 mile: 8.764 @ 78.07
1/4 mile: 13.796

I hot lapped and the following lap was slightly faster but my ET was 97.45..

60 foot: 1.927
1/8 mile: 8.687 @ 78.19
1/4 mile: 13.743

It's interesting because on run 2 my 1/8 mile was faster with a faster ET, However it the ET slowed down on run 2...
__________________
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:27 AM   #193
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 7,133
Yeah, I when my AFR was below 11 I made significanly less power (~25-30 HP) at mid RPM ranges and then it just plummeted at about 5800 RPM. Fix that and you will be in the 12s with good DA.
__________________
New Ride -- 2015 Z06 2LZ (stock) -- Journal
Old Ride -- 2012 Camaro 2LT/RS (647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ) -- Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:28 AM   #194
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
2302, which when corrected is only like mid 13's. No doubt DA had some to do with the run. However I think the biggest part is running that rich. I'll post the slip later, however here's the "unofficial numbers"


60 foot: 1.935
1/8 mile: 8.764 @ 78.07
1/4 mile: 13.796

I hot lapped and the following lap was slightly faster but my ET was 97.45..

60 foot: 1.927
1/8 mile: 8.687 @ 78.19
1/4 mile: 13.743

It's interesting because on run 2 my 1/8 mile was faster with a faster ET, However it the ET slowed down on run 2...

Yeah, definitely leaving some power on the table... especially in 3rd...

BTW... need to teach you some manners... can't believe you double bulbed that guy! LOL!
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:37 AM   #195
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
2302, which when corrected is only like mid 13's. No doubt DA had some to do with the run. However I think the biggest part is running that rich. I'll post the slip later, however here's the "unofficial numbers"


60 foot: 1.935
1/8 mile: 8.764 @ 78.07
1/4 mile: 13.796

I hot lapped and the following lap was slightly faster but my ET was 97.45..

60 foot: 1.927
1/8 mile: 8.687 @ 78.19
1/4 mile: 13.743

It's interesting because on run 2 my 1/8 mile was faster with a faster ET, However it the ET slowed down on run 2...

Ok... doing some looking and some math... Definitely looks like the car is falling on it's face on the big end...

Take look at one of my 13.7 slips:



Compare my 1/8th to yours! Ok.. my 1/4 to 1/8 ratio is: 1.538 (1/4 divided by 1/8)

Your ratio is more like 1.58! So if I were to apply my ratio to your 1/8 ET, i come up with 13.36! That's 4/10ths... yikes...

Hopefully you can get that tune straightened out ASAP!

Oh...13.36 @ 2303 DA would be about 13 flat...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:01 PM   #196
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile
 
BaylorCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: League City, TX
Posts: 6,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Yeah, definitely leaving some power on the table... especially in 3rd...

BTW... need to teach you some manners... can't believe you double bulbed that guy! LOL!

He was having some issues before I lined up and didn't think he was going to run. What issues you ask? I have no idea as it was like a 16 second (I think stock) truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Ok... doing some looking and some math... Definitely looks like the car is falling on it's face on the big end...

Take look at one of my 13.7 slips:



Compare my 1/8th to yours! Ok.. my 1/4 to 1/8 ratio is: 1.538 (1/4 divided by 1/8)

Your ratio is more like 1.58! So if I were to apply my ratio to your 1/8 ET, i come up with 13.36! That's 4/10ths... yikes...

Hopefully you can get that tune straightened out ASAP!

Oh...13.36 @ 2303 DA would be about 13 flat...
Yup just as I suspected, getting real rich at the top end.
__________________
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.