Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Hines Performance (HPE)
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Forced Induction - V6 V6 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2012, 08:54 PM   #101
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile
 
BaylorCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kemah, TX
Posts: 5,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Yes, but shouldn't it trap the condensation prior to the intake? You wouldn't want all that water going into your engine, and I'm pretty sure you don't want it on the MAF.

I never really thought about how they would do that, but it seems you would need a condensor after the IC to catch and evaporate the water. Just my thoughts...
Good point, I didn't even think about it going into the Engine. Hmmm if I can, I'll check out the MAF again tomorrow.
__________________
Automotive YouTube Channel / MSR Houston / Grandsport Speedway / Camaro5 Fest V CamaroCross / Build Thread / Automotive Forums - Creating more drama than a teenage girl in high school.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:25 AM   #102
SemyDaCop
LocoBee in da RGV
 
SemyDaCop's Avatar
 
Drives: Custom Rally Yellow 1LT
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Raymondville. Texas
Posts: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Nope, the shady Russian truck driver said they want to take the truck to Mexico..

Hey I live down here near the border...and I could have sworn I just saw these guys a lil while ago unloading those same cars at a local two bit dealership.
__________________
It is better to deserve honors and not have them than to have them and not deserve them.
SemyDaCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:19 PM   #103
J-Rod6410
M6 10 second club
 
J-Rod6410's Avatar
 
Drives: A 4000 Lb BeaSSt
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Crackin Azz on a hi-way near you
Posts: 1,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Good point, I didn't even think about it going into the Engine. Hmmm if I can, I'll check out the MAF again tomorrow.
Just so you know, water WILL damage the MAF sensor. I've seen it many times in vehicles that drive through some high water. The MAF has to be replaced every time.
__________________
TEAM LS3 Best pass: 10.72 @ 132

919RWHP 749RWTQ ECS S/C stock bottom end
Built by: J-Rod.... Tuned by: Matt Sorian @ FSP (floridaspeedandpower.com)
Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/6410Jrod
Follow me on Instagram: @J_Rod6410
J-Rod6410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:47 PM   #104
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile
 
BaylorCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kemah, TX
Posts: 5,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrrod6410 View Post
Just so you know, water WILL damage the MAF sensor. I've seen it many times in vehicles that drive through some high water. The MAF has to be replaced every time.
I figured water would damage the MAF. However I do not understand why I would have an issue with water. smoke1lt drove his about the same distance that I did and had zero problems.
__________________
Automotive YouTube Channel / MSR Houston / Grandsport Speedway / Camaro5 Fest V CamaroCross / Build Thread / Automotive Forums - Creating more drama than a teenage girl in high school.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:11 PM   #105
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: `12 LFX/`11 EB F-150/`13 Sonic RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 5,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
I figured water would damage the MAF. However I do not understand why I would have an issue with water. smoke1lt drove his about the same distance that I did and had zero problems.
I really never paid that much mind to the details of the design because I wasn't really sure I wanted one. However, I do think I remember them designing it so that it could be run at the track. That would mean they have to incorporate something to trap the water (can't have it dripping out all over the place). It sounds like yours is not working properly. Once Tracy is feeling better I'm sure it can figure it out. I doubt it is anything major. Like you said, Smoke has been running his for a while and they have a lot of humidity there, too. Probably something just needs to be replaced. Wish I knew more, but like I said...didn't pay that much attention in class.
__________________
EFR Twin Turbo LFX-GPI Tune-ZL1 fuel pump-10:1 CR forged pistons-3.45 gear-Meth Injection-BMR Trailing Arms, Bushings & Sway Bars-CircleD 4000 Stall-GPI Fuel Enrichment System
647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ @18.5 psi on 93 Octane (locked converter)
1/8 mile -- 7.158 @ 102.10 (20psi); old build
Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:25 PM   #106
blackTT600

 
Drives: 2011 2LT M6 SC
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Florida
Posts: 917
its supposed to capture the moisture and let it drip out like the condenser of your A/C it just drips.
blackTT600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:14 PM   #107
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile
 
BaylorCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kemah, TX
Posts: 5,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
I really never paid that much mind to the details of the design because I wasn't really sure I wanted one. However, I do think I remember them designing it so that it could be run at the track. That would mean they have to incorporate something to trap the water (can't have it dripping out all over the place). It sounds like yours is not working properly. Once Tracy is feeling better I'm sure it can figure it out. I doubt it is anything major. Like you said, Smoke has been running his for a while and they have a lot of humidity there, too. Probably something just needs to be replaced. Wish I knew more, but like I said...didn't pay that much attention in class.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackTT600 View Post
its supposed to capture the moisture and let it drip out like the condenser of your A/C it just drips.
There is a competition mode that you can flip on that shuts the AC off but keeps the chiller going and keeps and water dripping on the ground, like it would if the AC was running. So basically it's drag strip mode.
__________________
Automotive YouTube Channel / MSR Houston / Grandsport Speedway / Camaro5 Fest V CamaroCross / Build Thread / Automotive Forums - Creating more drama than a teenage girl in high school.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:22 PM   #108
blackTT600

 
Drives: 2011 2LT M6 SC
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Florida
Posts: 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
There is a competition mode that you can flip on that shuts the AC off but keeps the chiller going and keeps and water dripping on the ground, like it would if the AC was running. So basically it's drag strip mode.
well yeah, ok but shouldn't it always drip?
blackTT600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:13 PM   #109
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile
 
BaylorCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kemah, TX
Posts: 5,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackTT600 View Post
well yeah, ok but shouldn't it always drip?
Apparently not in competition mode, that's the whole point. So you can run the chiller on the drag strip. Not completely sure yet. Still checking everything out and having fun. I've been home less than 72 hours

***New video on my build threat, check it out!***
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...07#post5150507
__________________
Automotive YouTube Channel / MSR Houston / Grandsport Speedway / Camaro5 Fest V CamaroCross / Build Thread / Automotive Forums - Creating more drama than a teenage girl in high school.

Last edited by BaylorCamaro; 06-18-2012 at 11:36 PM.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:36 AM   #110
SIXJAK


 
SIXJAK's Avatar
 
Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Branson MO
Posts: 2,559
Hmmmmm did not realize that competition mode shut off the AC. Learning new things everyday. Hey Baylor, been meaning to ask, did your exhaust note change any? If so did it improve or depreciate? Or did it stay the same? Sorry for getting off subject slightly. I cannot believe how much my exhaust changed under 3/4 - WOT with the ported IM. Seems throatier or thumpier kinda like an older modded Ford 4.6. Anyway I think Smoke reported a slight change with the addition of his SC.
__________________
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.

Last edited by SIXJAK; 06-19-2012 at 01:50 AM.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:03 AM   #111
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop
 
V6owner's Avatar
 
Drives: One Badass 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rosenberg, TX
Posts: 2,213
Awesome videos and I like the new badge!

I have the same question as JAK about the exhaust
__________________
2014 Black 2SS/RS 1LE
V6owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:21 AM   #112
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6
 
Can't_C_Me's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1LT M6 TT/ NEW 2013 Malibu 1LT
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Oxford, GA
Posts: 3,493
Yea I love the badge also look great. Did Roger get it done for you?


Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
__________________
Can't_C_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:47 PM   #113
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile
 
BaylorCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kemah, TX
Posts: 5,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
Hmmmmm did not realize that competition mode shut off the AC. Learning new things everyday. Hey Baylor, been meaning to ask, did your exhaust note change any? If so did it improve or depreciate? Or did it stay the same? Sorry for getting off subject slightly. I cannot believe how much my exhaust changed under 3/4 - WOT with the ported IM. Seems throatier or thumpier kinda like an older modded Ford 4.6. Anyway I think Smoke reported a slight change with the addition of his SC.
Exhaust changed ever so slightly (IMO) for the better though. The car sounds mean, that's for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
Yea I love the badge also look great. Did Roger get it done for you?


Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
Yup!
__________________
Automotive YouTube Channel / MSR Houston / Grandsport Speedway / Camaro5 Fest V CamaroCross / Build Thread / Automotive Forums - Creating more drama than a teenage girl in high school.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:20 PM   #114
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile
 
BaylorCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kemah, TX
Posts: 5,011
Dyno time tomorrow for tune tweaking!
__________________
Automotive YouTube Channel / MSR Houston / Grandsport Speedway / Camaro5 Fest V CamaroCross / Build Thread / Automotive Forums - Creating more drama than a teenage girl in high school.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:26 PM   #115
SIXJAK


 
SIXJAK's Avatar
 
Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Branson MO
Posts: 2,559
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Dyno time tomorrow for tune tweaking!
Awesome get that tune nailed bro cuz I think I'm gonna be using it lol.
__________________
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:50 PM   #116
KMPrenger


 
KMPrenger's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jefferson City, Missouri
Posts: 9,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Dyno time tomorrow for tune tweaking!
Sweet can't wait!
__________________
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:38 AM   #117
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: `12 LFX/`11 EB F-150/`13 Sonic RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 5,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Dyno time tomorrow for tune tweaking!
Cool! We'll be tweaking the pump-gas tune on mine and doing the meth/water tune, too. Vince is going to be busy.
__________________
EFR Twin Turbo LFX-GPI Tune-ZL1 fuel pump-10:1 CR forged pistons-3.45 gear-Meth Injection-BMR Trailing Arms, Bushings & Sway Bars-CircleD 4000 Stall-GPI Fuel Enrichment System
647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ @18.5 psi on 93 Octane (locked converter)
1/8 mile -- 7.158 @ 102.10 (20psi); old build
Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:26 PM   #118
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile
 
BaylorCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kemah, TX
Posts: 5,011
Well it looks like my lack of hpfp fuel pump is the issue here. We get to around 5,200 rpms and it starts to break up and we get into the low 12's for afr, so they let off so we wouldn't damage the engine. Before the engine started to break up I was at 300hp/tq to the wheels at 5,000 rpms. Which makes me think if I had the fuel it would be in the high 300's, maybe low 400's.
__________________
Automotive YouTube Channel / MSR Houston / Grandsport Speedway / Camaro5 Fest V CamaroCross / Build Thread / Automotive Forums - Creating more drama than a teenage girl in high school.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:40 PM   #119
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6
 
Can't_C_Me's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1LT M6 TT/ NEW 2013 Malibu 1LT
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Oxford, GA
Posts: 3,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Well it looks like my lack of hpfp fuel pump is the issue here. We get to around 5,200 rpms and it starts to break up and we get into the low 12's for afr, so they let off so we wouldn't damage the engine. Before the engine started to break up I was at 300hp/tq to the wheels at 5,000 rpms. Which makes me think if I had the fuel it would be in the high 300's, maybe low 400's.
Vince can squeeze more out of it with the stock pump. Did you log your runs and sent them in? If I ran 382rwhp at 3psi's which should be equal to 5psi's on a SC kit you can do it. I'm running 6psi's now and looks great so I know he can get things looking right with the 8psi's pulley on the SC kit.


Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
__________________
Can't_C_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:49 PM   #120
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: `12 LFX/`11 EB F-150/`13 Sonic RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 5,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Well it looks like my lack of hpfp fuel pump is the issue here. We get to around 5,200 rpms and it starts to break up and we get into the low 12's for afr, so they let off so we wouldn't damage the engine. Before the engine started to break up I was at 300hp/tq to the wheels at 5,000 rpms. Which makes me think if I had the fuel it would be in the high 300's, maybe low 400's.
Having the same trouble here. We hit about 440 RWHP and went lean. Tried running 50:50 meth/water and still couldn't get past it. Right now we are putting the HPFP on, but having some issues with fitment. May not finish today. If we could get enough fuel we should be around 490-500 RWHP from what we are seeing. May just have to adjust the actuators and run lower boost if we can't get this worked out.
__________________
EFR Twin Turbo LFX-GPI Tune-ZL1 fuel pump-10:1 CR forged pistons-3.45 gear-Meth Injection-BMR Trailing Arms, Bushings & Sway Bars-CircleD 4000 Stall-GPI Fuel Enrichment System
647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ @18.5 psi on 93 Octane (locked converter)
1/8 mile -- 7.158 @ 102.10 (20psi); old build
Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 04:03 PM   #121
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile
 
BaylorCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kemah, TX
Posts: 5,011
Yeah he gave me an updated tune, but when the guys started to pull it was really lean and they stopped. Vince is telling me to go a little further because it should be OK, but these guys are thinking it's way too lean and may damage the engine. We're going to give it another go on this tune. We'll see what happens.
__________________
Automotive YouTube Channel / MSR Houston / Grandsport Speedway / Camaro5 Fest V CamaroCross / Build Thread / Automotive Forums - Creating more drama than a teenage girl in high school.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 04:05 PM   #122
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop
 
V6owner's Avatar
 
Drives: One Badass 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rosenberg, TX
Posts: 2,213
Hope it works out man
__________________
2014 Black 2SS/RS 1LE
V6owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 04:07 PM   #123
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: `12 LFX/`11 EB F-150/`13 Sonic RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 5,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Yeah he gave me an updated tune, but when the guys started to pull it was really lean and they stopped. Vince is telling me to go a little further because it should be OK, but these guys are thinking it's way too lean and may damage the engine. We're going to give it another go on this tune. We'll see what happens.
Vince is probably right because you are probably also maxing out the MAF and get a bad reading up top. We are thinking we may need to do either a MAF relocate or increase the size of the intake tube to get around that.
__________________
EFR Twin Turbo LFX-GPI Tune-ZL1 fuel pump-10:1 CR forged pistons-3.45 gear-Meth Injection-BMR Trailing Arms, Bushings & Sway Bars-CircleD 4000 Stall-GPI Fuel Enrichment System
647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ @18.5 psi on 93 Octane (locked converter)
1/8 mile -- 7.158 @ 102.10 (20psi); old build
Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 04:20 PM   #124
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6
 
Can't_C_Me's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1LT M6 TT/ NEW 2013 Malibu 1LT
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Oxford, GA
Posts: 3,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Vince is probably right because you are probably also maxing out the MAF and get a bad reading up top. We are thinking we may need to do either a MAF relocate or increase the size of the intake tube to get around that.
Tracy sent me a larger intake tubing last month and I ran with it on for like 10min. Had to take it off as my car was revving itself up to 2000rpm's at idle and 5000rpm's at 20mph. Definately needs to be tuned. I may just put the larger pipe back on and run a log and send it to Vince for tweaking. I'll post a picture of the pipes in comparison. And I agree with Vince and Gretchen on running past the high AFR at low rpm's. I did this many time on my first dyno run and when I got the car back. The AFR's goes high then low alittle when up high in the rpm ranges. If you keep stopping when you read a high AFR you will be tweaking the tune forever. I've gone as high as 15-17 AFR's to get where I'm at now with the tune. And I'm pretty dead on just that the MAF at times max's out and I go up to 12.8-13 AFR.


Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
__________________
Can't_C_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 04:23 PM   #125
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: `12 LFX/`11 EB F-150/`13 Sonic RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 5,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
Tracy sent me a larger intake tubing last month and I ran with it on for like 10min. Had to take it off as my car was revving itself up to 2000rpm's at idle and 5000rpm's at 20mph. Definately needs to be tuned. I may just put the larger pipe back on and run a log and send it to Vince for tweaking. I'll post a picture of the pipes in comparison. And I agree with Vince and Gretchen on running past the high AFR at low rpm's. I did this many time on my first dyno run and when I got the car back. The AFR's goes high then low alittle when up high in the rpm ranges. If you keep stopping when you read a high AFR you will be tweaking the tune forever. I've gone as high as 15-17 AFR's to get where I'm at now with the tune. And I'm pretty dead on just that the MAF at times max's out and I go up to 12.8-13 AFR.


Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
You probably could send the diameter of the two tubes to Vince and he could make a gross adjusment just to let you get him a decent log.
__________________
EFR Twin Turbo LFX-GPI Tune-ZL1 fuel pump-10:1 CR forged pistons-3.45 gear-Meth Injection-BMR Trailing Arms, Bushings & Sway Bars-CircleD 4000 Stall-GPI Fuel Enrichment System
647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ @18.5 psi on 93 Octane (locked converter)
1/8 mile -- 7.158 @ 102.10 (20psi); old build
Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.