Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Grabiak Performance Center
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Old 05-23-2012, 02:11 PM   #1
Billabongi

Drives: 2LT\RS IOM Camaro
TF3 Stripes Care

Ok so I searched and found a couple of things but nothing quite clear.

I have the TF3 stripes and im wondering how to properly care for them as they are part matte black and part carbon fiber.

I saw suggestions for Meguiars Natural Shine Protectant, would that work? I like the idea of that since it has UV blockers.

Thanks in advance!
Billabongi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:22 PM   #2
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
from what little I've seen of them its pretty much all matte... the simulated CF is pretty much just a different matte than the black.

that being the case you want to avoid abrasives (polishes) and waxes.

clean with soap/water for the mostpart... you can use detail sprays and waterless wash for light dust removal and wipe downs.

if they start to look chalky or uneven a water based low gloss dressing (like our Super VRT) can be applied for protection and to even out the appearance.

Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:50 PM   #3
Lil' Nasty
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: Supercharged V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams View Post
from what little I've seen of them its pretty much all matte... the simulated CF is pretty much just a different matte than the black.

that being the case you want to avoid abrasives (polishes) and waxes.

clean with soap/water for the mostpart... you can use detail sprays and waterless wash for light dust removal and wipe downs.

if they start to look chalky or uneven a water based low gloss dressing (like our Super VRT) can be applied for protection and to even out the appearance.
This, I use the fine machine polish from Adams on the revive blue hex applicator then the VRT On a block and I get so many complements
Lil' Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:36 PM   #4
Todd@Autopia

Drives: 2010 Mazdaspeed 3
Yes you can use Meguiar's natural shine no problem. You can also use some paint sealants that dry clear. I have a simulated carbon stripe hood and I used BLACKFIRE Crystal Seal on it with no problem. It actually gives a slight sheen (which I prefer) and water will bead up to a month on it with no worry about water run off.

BLACKFIRE Crystal Seal
Todd@Autopia is offline   Reply With Quote