Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:09 PM   #1
martinezj454545

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS V6
Angry New 22" rims squeaking.Please help

Okay so i bought some used 22" rims online and the looked well taken care of but when i put them on my 2011 LS camaro the right wheels started to make a high pitch squeaking noise when the tires where rotating not turning the wheel or anything just going straight. I then took a look at them and they had good clearance with every nothing touching except where the wheels hook up to the rotor. I then tried again and same thing. I took the rims off to see if there was any metal to metal rubbing on the rim and no nothing seemed wrong. So i put the stock wheels back on and no more noise coming from the wheel. Any suggesting please help and thanks in advance.
martinezj454545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:11 PM   #2
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
are they clearing the calipers? they are oversized, you cant just throw any wheels on....
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:13 PM   #3
martinezj454545

Yes every thing is clear of the wheel just fine and its only one that's making noise the front passenger side wheel. They also have a lot of camaros with the same size wheels so it just cant be mine that are over sized
Old 05-23-2012, 09:17 PM   #4
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
maybe warped a bit then? unless its hitting comething, calipers were my first guess, and if its not warped I cant imagine what else it would be. especially if the originals dont....its not like its part of the axle or brakes after all.

Did you reinstall it after the first time? possible the nuts werent tight enough?

you can always take it by a tire place, Discoun Tires here in GA would look and tell me for free if I ran it by them, surely theres a similar place near you
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:27 PM   #5
martinezj454545

Well i thought the where warped but i look at the clearance they had from the base of the rim to the rotor and everything was the same width. I also verified that all lug nuts where extra tight the second time i installed them and still making that noise.Yeah ill take them in but its just a hassle putting them back on just to find out that you will have to take them off again. Bet its something simple
Old 05-24-2012, 07:55 AM   #6
TheHorse13

Drives: 2011 Black SS M6
Do you have pictures of the wheels? I have seen a pair of wheels whistle when air passed over them. They were aftermarket wheels on an old Z/28. It drove the guy nuts and he finally figured out that the design of the wheels made them whistle when air passed through them. lol.

This may be why the guy you got them from sold them.
TheHorse13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:45 AM   #7
martinezj454545

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHorse13 View Post
Do you have pictures of the wheels? I have seen a pair of wheels whistle when air passed over them. They were aftermarket wheels on an old Z/28. It drove the guy nuts and he finally figured out that the design of the wheels made them whistle when air passed through them. lol.

This may be why the guy you got them from sold them.
NO It happens when im going slow and gradualy increases while i speed up.

Tags
noise, rims, squeaking, wheels