Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Old 06-19-2012, 03:58 PM   #1
strych9
Gone Euro!

Drives: 6spd Manual Mercedes
What would you do?

I won't go into detail here since I have vented in other posts, but here's the short version:

My 'bee was the only one allocated in our area. It was in a show or two represented by my dealer before I got it. When I purchased it, it had 125 miles on it.

When I took delivery of it, I immediately noticed some scratches and rail dust, which they said they would take care of.

My car has been at the dealer now since 5/24, and this was the 3rd visit. They had to reshoot the front bumper cover, polish out some finish scratches, replace three of the stripes, adjust a door, and reprogram the air bag system. Their communication with me has been very poor during this last visit.

My friend is a manager at this dealer. He said that if I wasn't 100% satisfied with this last repair attempt, they would write me a check and buy the car back from me. He's a guy that can stand behind that offer.

I am into my third week without the car. It's almost like I don't care any more. I've since purchased a daily driver, so if the deal does go sour I now have another set of wheels.

I feel like I'm in a marriage that I no longer enjoy. At the same time, in her absence, I miss her. Somehow I don't think the relationship will ever be the same.

What would you do? Leave her there and take the money? Give her another chance? I'm torn. Any advice or comments are welcome.
Old 06-19-2012, 04:01 PM   #2
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3-2007 Tahoe
if you arent happy then have them cut a check, and get something else. easy as that. its what ever makes you happy!
Old 06-19-2012, 04:02 PM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '10 2LT/RS,'14 Caddy CTS Coupe
IF it were me......SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!! and go and ORDER a new car.
Old 06-19-2012, 04:02 PM   #4
heRS

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
Yeah, I'd have him cut the check. I've heard a few 2012 owners complaining about the quality of their car and it's not that the dealer's not taking care of the problems, it's that there shouldn't BE so many problems on a brand new car. Oshowa QC having a few 420 moments?
Take the money and pre-order your 2013 and hope QC is back in their right mind by then

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:06 PM   #5
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Tough one. If you're dead set on the TF3 edition, I believe this is the last run of them. Can you still order them? Thought the '12s were the last of the TF editions.

Maybe the same guy willing to cut the check can put a foot in someone's arse to get it right!
Old 06-19-2012, 04:07 PM   #6
bhall82
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
is a ZL1 an option? There is not a lot of money diffrence there. Just something to think about
bhall82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:17 PM   #7
ShowSStopper
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS Black Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhall82 View Post
is a ZL1 an option? There is not a lot of money diffrence there. Just something to think about
Yeah....like $16k more is NOTHING.
ShowSStopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:21 PM   #8
DFWZ28

Drives: 2010 SS
take the check and get you a zl1 or 45th anniversary model.
DFWZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:30 PM   #9
tomlink

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS
Send a message via AIM to tomlink Send a message via MSN to tomlink Send a message via Yahoo to tomlink Send a message via Skype™ to tomlink
You will never ever be happy with a dealer paint job. it will look fine today. Maybe next year. then it will begin to differ from the rest of car - darker perhaps, maybe less shine. Then it will just plain look bad.

Take the money.
tomlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:34 PM   #10
strych9
Gone Euro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWZ28 View Post
take the check and get you a zl1 or 45th anniversary model.
The first Camaro I was going to buy was the 45th Anniversary 'vert. I then decided that the TF3 was a lot more unique to this area and went with it instead.

As for the ZL1 (not to offend anyone, as I do love all muscle cars), if I'm going to step up into a bigger payment, it'll be for a '13 Shelby Mustang. My one and only new Chevy purchase and owner experience has not made me pro-Chevy. I'm not anti, either...just neutral. Of all the new Mustangs I've owned, I never had a single warranty claim or paint issue with any of them. I can't dismiss that.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:33 PM   #11
ShowSStopper
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS Black Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by strych9 View Post
The first Camaro I was going to buy was the 45th Anniversary 'vert. I then decided that the TF3 was a lot more unique to this area and went with it instead.

As for the ZL1 (not to offend anyone, as I do love all muscle cars), if I'm going to step up into a bigger payment, it'll be for a '13 Shelby Mustang. My one and only new Chevy purchase and owner experience has not made me pro-Chevy. I'm not anti, either...just neutral. Of all the new Mustangs I've owned, I never had a single warranty claim or paint issue with any of them. I can't dismiss that.
Ditto. Owned all kinds of Mustangs, drove them HARD well over 100k miles...no issues. This is my first new Chevy as well and I am not impressed.

I like the car, yes, but mine is going to the dealer soon so they can investigate what it is that's making the rear of the car sound like a 10 year old KIA everytime I hit a bump.
ShowSStopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:38 PM   #12
mcbeth15

Drives: '11 RS 2LT IBM
Take the money and run!
mcbeth15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:41 PM   #13
Bonemaro

Drives: 2010 RJT 1SS M6
Send a message via AIM to Bonemaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dznts View Post
if you arent happy then have them cut a check, and get something else. easy as that. its what ever makes you happy!
THIS, and order one from Becky @ Rodgers Chevrolet
Bonemaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:05 PM   #14
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: '11 1SS/RS, '13 Cruze
Id take the money. In a few years itll look like junk.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:21 AM   #15
1COR.1:18
Whosoever Will

Drives: 2010 1LT Victory Red
Take the cash.
1COR.1:18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:55 AM   #16
strych9
Gone Euro!

Thanks for the input, group. The car is supposed to be "finished" today or tomorrow. I'm holding my breath. I really do want the car to be what I paid for. The body shop manager was pretty excited when I spoke to him last night. He says the finish, "..is show-car quality." After nearly 3 full weeks, I would expect nothing less. I'll update the thread after I see it.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:59 AM   #17
DRKS1D3

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible LS3
Take the check man. The shoddy workmanship at the dealer will NEVER live up to your standards and you shouldn't have to accept it.
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:00 AM   #18
HorsePower-Freak

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS M6
Well look at it this way, dealers are in it to SELL cars. Once you've bought it then they have you in their pocket. I've been back and forth with my dealer for about a Month, and it's over just some new friggin floor mats and the piece of plastic that covers the wires on the door where the mirror connects.
HorsePower-Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:01 AM   #19
K32 Camaro
V8 lounge member #5

Drives: 12 2SS Synergy Camaro, 05 PontiacG6
Quote:
I won't go into detail here since I have vented in other posts, but here's the short version:

My 'bee was the only one allocated in our area. It was in a show or two represented by my dealer before I got it. When I purchased it, it had 125 miles on it.

When I took delivery of it, I immediately noticed some scratches and rail dust, which they said they would take care of.

My car has been at the dealer now since 5/24, and this was the 3rd visit. They had to reshoot the front bumper cover, polish out some finish scratches, replace three of the stripes, adjust a door, and reprogram the air bag system. Their communication with me has been very poor during this last visit.

My friend is a manager at this dealer. He said that if I wasn't 100% satisfied with this last repair attempt, they would write me a check and buy the car back from me. He's a guy that can stand behind that offer.

I am into my third week without the car. It's almost like I don't care any more. I've since purchased a daily driver, so if the deal does go sour I now have another set of wheels.

I feel like I'm in a marriage that I no longer enjoy. At the same time, in her absence, I miss her. Somehow I don't think the relationship will ever be the same.

What would you do? Leave her there and take the money? Give her another chance? I'm torn. Any advice or comments are welcome.
I'm going through a VERY similar situation right now except the check offer. I have my car back for the second time and they did a 5yr olds quality paint job so it's going back and it makes me somewhat dislike the car. I know that I will get over it a week or two after it is FINALLY finished and probably put some bolt-ons on to cheer me up.
K32 Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:02 AM   #20
Jose

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS White S/C
Take the money, if I were you, I would never be happy knowing that the car was painted and repaired.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:05 AM   #21
strych9
Gone Euro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K32 Camaro View Post
I'm going through a VERY similar situation right now except the check offer. I have my car back for the second time and they did a 5yr olds quality paint job so it's going back and it makes me somewhat dislike the car. I know that I will get over it a week or two after it is FINALLY finished and probably put some bolt-ons on to cheer me up.
Haha, I'm looking at cat-back exhaust systems now. I'm thinking that a little extra rumble might help ease my mind. I'm trying to be optimistic about the situation. The only painting they're doing is the front fascia. I figure that if it doesn't hold up over time, I'll get the ZL1 bumper and paint it right.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:20 AM   #22
GMTool

Drives: AGM 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Why did one of your doors need adjusted? The bottom half of the trailing edge of my passenger door seems to stick outboard a little. I was thinking maybe it needs a little adjustment. What are they doing to yours?
Old 06-20-2012, 10:49 AM   #23
dwinva

Drives: 13 2SS/RSvert,CRT,dual-mode exhaust
Quote:

The step up to a 2013 Shelby is going to be HUGE. There is one on the lot at a dealership about 5 miles from my office....they are asking 96K (that's right....30K over MSRP). That's a pretty big stem, IMO.
dwinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:57 AM   #24
awfarley

Drives: 2011 5.7L Tundra Double-Cab X-SP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
IF it were me......SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!! and go and ORDER a new car.
Definetly.

This experience has soured your perception of the car by now. You should take the check and clear things with the bank and order you a new one. Not one used for display, one that rolls off the truck with your name on it.
awfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:12 AM   #25
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Quote:
Originally Posted by awfarley View Post
Definetly.

This experience has soured your perception of the car by now. You should take the check and clear things with the bank and order you a new one. Not one used for display, one that rolls off the truck with your name on it.
This exactly

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote