Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 05-24-2012, 11:25 AM   #1
KIZE
www.gkiser.com

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, Auto, Summit White. R
Heater Core on 2010 2SS

Knew I had a problem when I smelled anti-freeze anytime I didn't have the temp set to the lowest setting. Finally took it into the dealer (2010 Camaro, 2SS) and they told me the heater core needed replacement under warranty.

A little scary because they have to take the front windshield off to get the bolts out, but I don't have a choice.

Seem to remember reading a couple years ago that this was somewhat of a common prob on the 2010's? Is that right?

I asked the dealer if there was a known fault and fix so I wouldn't have to go thru this again off warranty, but the svc rep said this is the first she'd ever seen.

Anyone have a different perspective?

Roto-fab CAI, GMPP exhaust with tips, Pistol Grip shifter with paddle switches, 'Chevrolet' aluminum kick plates, Aluminum Bow Ties, ClearBra front bumper/facia + side views + gills + behind door handles. SS floormats. www.gkiser.com
KIZE www.gkiser.com
KIZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:54 AM   #2
TheHorse13

Drives: 2011 Black SS M6
Several people here have had the heater core go south on them. Yes, they have to take out the windshield and the entire dash. One of the threads here has pictures of the process. Fair warning, the images are not going to make you feel good.
TheHorse13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:48 PM   #3
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIZE View Post
Knew I had a problem when I smelled anti-freeze anytime I didn't have the temp set to the lowest setting. Finally took it into the dealer (2010 Camaro, 2SS) and they told me the heater core needed replacement under warranty.

A little scary because they have to take the front windshield off to get the bolts out, but I don't have a choice.

Seem to remember reading a couple years ago that this was somewhat of a common prob on the 2010's? Is that right?

I asked the dealer if there was a known fault and fix so I wouldn't have to go thru this again off warranty, but the svc rep said this is the first she'd ever seen.

Anyone have a different perspective?
Sorry for the concern that you are experiencing. You are definitely taking the correct steps in getting your concern addressed. Please update us on how your service goes. If you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me via PM.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:29 AM   #4
KIZE
www.gkiser.com

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, Auto, Summit White. R
Does anyone know if anything has been done to ensure the new heater core is better?

Roto-fab CAI, GMPP exhaust with tips, Pistol Grip shifter with paddle switches, 'Chevrolet' aluminum kick plates, Aluminum Bow Ties, ClearBra front bumper/facia + side views + gills + behind door handles. SS floormats. www.gkiser.com
KIZE www.gkiser.com
KIZE is offline   Reply With Quote