Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Fabberge
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England

USA - New England MA, CT, ME, NH, RI, VT

Old 05-13-2009, 12:51 PM   #1
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
Winston comes through in Dartmouth, MA!

I've been trying forever to be able to sit in a new Camaro.
I finally got the call today from Winston Bennett at Colonial South Chevrolet in Dartmouth, MA. Their first car came in today!
I actually got to sit in it and go for a test drive. All I can say is AWESOME! I've seen several cars at car shows but hadn't been able to sit in one until today. The interior is SO much better than I had expected. I had a motorcycle cop following me for most of the test drive so I didn't go crazy. He really wanted a good look at the car so he wouldn't pass me.

Anyway, it's a Silver 2LT/RS auto with a black leather interior and as of right now it's still not spoken for. They are asking $5000 over sticker for it, but hey it's sitting right there and you can buy it today... I don't really blame them. I think you can get MSRP if you order one and they still have 2 spots open. I'm kinda bull-headed and told him I won't buy one until I can at least get supplier pricing, but Winston is great to work with. I really think he's going to be the man when I finally cave. I took some pics, while I was there, but I think the ones he took are better than mine so I am just going to post his... ENJOY! If you are in the south coast of MA go check it out before someone buys it!

click here for more pics!
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 09:41 AM   #2
zonepro77

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I had contacted Winston in regards to potentially ordering one, and I was told that the 2SS/RS I wanted would be $5000 over MSRP. Once I reminded him I was a returning customer, he told me that he would sell me the car for MSRP, but they were not accepting the supplier discount.
zonepro77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 08:18 AM   #3
Z16

Drives: 1ss
5 grand over that is insane ask him how many they are building
Z16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 03:53 AM   #4
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
He told me that he thinks the manager will let him order one for MSRP when I was there.
I don't blame them for marking up one that is sitting there on the lot though. Some people want the Car NOW and if that's the case, someone will pay it.
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 04:36 PM   #5
nalpac

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss
Send a message via ICQ to nalpac
I ORDERED A 2010 CAMARO 2SS BLACK AUTOMATIC WITH GROUND EFFECTS, SUN ROOF, AND OTHER OPTIONS FROM WINSTON LAST APRIL 16TH. JUST BEFORE JULY 4TH HE TOLD ME CAR WAS IN PROCESS OF BEING PRODUCED AND MAY GET DELIVERY LAST WEEK OF JULY OR EARLY AUGUST. LET US SEE WHAT HAPPENS. WINSTON DID A GREAT JOB AND NOW HAS A CAMARO 1SS ON LOT THAT CUSTOMER CANCELLED IN CASE YOU MAY WANT TO CHECK THAT CAR OUT
nalpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 12:49 AM   #6
FiLTHy PHiL SS/RS
Me likes Blue

Drives: 1968 Camaro RS, 2010 SS/RS IBM
Go for the 1SS at least, Love that V8.....
But the V6 is a beast itself, have only sat in a v6 and started.. didnt drive it.
I love my 2SS/RS, Just need Effing more sunny days....
Own 68 Camaro RS 327 LeMans Blue, 2002 Vet Electron Blue
FiLTHy PHiL SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 11:34 PM   #7
tbyrne

Drives: 1993+1998 Z-28s - past cars
I spoke with Winston last year. Stopped by the dealer for something and got to talking with him after I walked outside. Very nice guy that seems to like what he does. I looked to see if they had any Camaros sitting out when I drove by yesterday. None to be seen.
tbyrne is offline   Reply With Quote