Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Kraft Werks
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 05-25-2012, 02:05 AM   #1
Cheetah

Drives: Camaro Rs
warranty

will get an after market exhaust cause my warranty to go away , or it will have no effect on it ?

another question r u guys having problem with ur stereo system . ton of static and ipod freezing up . i took my car the gm and the change the whole thing and its back again .
Cheetah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:33 AM   #2
GEEKFREEKSCOTTY
Autoboticus Roboticus

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheetah View Post
will get an after market exhaust cause my warranty to go away , or it will have no effect on it ?

another question r u guys having problem with ur stereo system . ton of static and ipod freezing up . i took my car the gm and the change the whole thing and its back again .
My dealer told me that a muffler change (axle back) wouldn't cancel the warranty. As long as you don't start messing with cat converters or headers.

Now, that's what MY DEALER told me. Your mileage may vary, but there seems to be a lot of variance between dealers.
GEEKFREEKSCOTTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 05:14 AM   #3
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Exhaust mods after the cats will not impact your warranty. Here is a link to an article on our blog tat discusses the relationship between warranty law and modifying your car. If you have any questions feel free to hit me up.

Will This Mod Void My Warranty?
Old 05-25-2012, 07:44 AM   #4
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheetah View Post

This is a great question to ask.

Some aftermarket engine performance products and modifications promise a way to increase the horsepower and torque levels of a vehicle's powertrain. The products may have detrimental effects on the performance and life of the engine, exhaust, emission system, transmission, and drivetrain.

Damage, failure, or reduced life of the engine, transmission emission system, drivetrain or other vehicle components caused by aftermarket engine performance enhancement products or modifications cannot be covered under the vehicle warranty or GMPP plan.

The best thing to do is to stick with a certified GM part because it is also covered for 12 months/12,000 miles whichever comes first.

I hope this information was helpful.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote